KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XCOM Reboot

XCOM Reboot
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

XCOM Reboot

as the name suggest this is a reboot of the XCOM series. However my hopes of this news turn to great disdain when I learned it was a...

First person shooter. However it does seem to follow the old formula of study the aliens.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 04:06 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Angry Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe!

(to explain)

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt...s-w-james-rolfe

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 04:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Well they did do a good job on The bioshock series so I am kind of hopeful.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 04:32 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks pretty damn interesting.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 06:01 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 07:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I tried some of the old Xcom games back when i had win 95/98

i failed at them, Might actually get somewhere with this new one being a FPS.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 09:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading that theres also another XCOM game coming out very much like the old games, That should keep the fanboys happy who dislike the new game's direction

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...my-unknown.aspx

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Developers turned Shadowrun into a FPS and it was an epic failure.
Now pricks wanna take away the glorious turn-based strategy formula and do the same.
Why can't they just make a FPS game without using this license? The only people who remember XCOM are the retro fans and ex-players and they have no need to respond to the change positively. Many will outright complain.
My problem with this is this will hinder an actual decent remake if the game flops. Just like ShadowRun which could've been the coolest MMO game ever. This just sucks.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 11:16 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been reading that theres also another XCOM game coming out very much like the old games, That should keep the fanboys happy who dislike the new game's direction

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...my-unknown.aspx

Oh sweet! Looks like I have nothing to worry about then big grin

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 02:08 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll be going with the FPS one myself

could never get into the old games.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:02 AM
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Developers turned Shadowrun into a FPS and it was an epic failure.
Now pricks wanna take away the glorious turn-based strategy formula and do the same.
Why can't they just make a FPS game without using this license? The only people who remember XCOM are the retro fans and ex-players and they have no need to respond to the change positively. Many will outright complain.
My problem with this is this will hinder an actual decent remake if the game flops. Just like ShadowRun which could've been the coolest MMO game ever. This just sucks.

I'm a huge X-Com fan, I actually still play the old PS1 game on my PS3. Not sure I'm liking the FPS thing though, but I'll probably give it a go. The charm of the old game was the time units, and strategy used in order to resolve missions. I wonder if the new game will have fusion tech like the old games, I used to love blowing half of the battlefield up with that fusion tracking cannon.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote