KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: Retrospection - Game of Chance

STAR WARS: Retrospection - Game of Chance
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

STAR WARS: Retrospection - Game of Chance

?

“Really? That backwater? You want to go there?”

“Why not? It’s not that far, and we need to stop and refuel anyway.”

“But you should know the chances of finding anything there are almost non-existent.”

“It’s a planet run by the Hutts. It’s a meeting place for all sorts of scum and villainy.”

“And most of those scum are just two-bit wannabe smugglers who abandon their shipments at the first sign of trouble.”

“Not all. The Hutts don’t tolerate that sort, we all know that. Those kind get weeded out quickly.”

“Even so. The chances of finding someone there that can even survive this, let alone win?”

“I have a feeling. We’ll find what we’re looking for.”

“You’d better be right; if we don’t, then we’ll be out this year. And that’s a lot of potential money if we are...”

“Just trust me. How often do my intuitions ever steer you wrong?”

“Fine. But if you’re wrong, you’re the one going in...”

---

And here we have another Retrospection game, featuring Galder, that complete nutjob. He’s entertained me for so long with my games that I’ve decided it’s time to get revenge - I mean, return the favor, with another game of his own.

This game takes place in 38BBY - Galder is a teenager of 14 at this point, currently living with the Doon family on Tatooine and studying with the mad hermit Pazol. At this point, Galder is certainly showing to be gifted with violence, but he’s still nowhere near where he’ll be later as an adult - you’ll have a Lightsaber pool of 8, three blade and five combat tricks.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 05:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Tatooine

You’ve never known anything but extremes in your life, it seems. From growing up on Hoth as a young child, with its inhospitably frigid cold, to the searing heat of the desert world of Tatooine...you’ve never lived anywhere that was ever comfortable. Sometimes you wonder what that might be like. But on the other hand, being used to these sorts of extremes...it only helps in your training. If you wish to be stronger than everyone else, more powerful, then you must also be used to harsher conditions.

This is the only life Galder has known, but sometimes you wonder about the fact that, in another lifetime, at your age you’d be a Padawan of the Jedi Order...but never mind all of that. The galaxy has left you to carve your own path, and carve that you will.

Most of your time is spent at the Doons, a family of moisture farmers that took you in after you arrived on Tatooine. They are kind, and they have children close in age to you, and you help with running the farm in return for their hospitality. But you also spend a lot of time training with Pazol. You don’t know if he made an arrangement with them, or had intimidated them or otherwise holds some sway over them...but the Doons do not question your disappearances, sometimes for days at a time, when you are with Pazol.

Currently it is late afternoon, and you are still at the Doons’ farm. Pazol expects you to meet him at his hermit’s cave tonight.

--

If you want to use a predictive power, now’s the time to say so! Also, please choose which tricks young Galder is going to have.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 05:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

8 isn't bad for 14! Then again, it is all Galder is good at...

He will use Dreams (for free). His Blade Tricks will be- Balanced Guard, Cleave, Block. His Combat Tricks will be- Power Attack, Impervious, Duck, Dodge & Weave, and Focused Blow.

Galder will be tinkering with the family speeder, though he probably has his own (if that's okay) that he takes when he rushes off to Pazol's or when he goes to town. He'll probably wait til the last minute to leave instead of giving himself time to get to Pazol's.

What does the homestead have?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I went off of Chris has Galder's stats listed as for your other game for that, and thought that 8 was more than good enough for a 14 year old stick out tongue And so noted!

Galder can have a speeder of his own that he likely fixed up on his own, indeed. Of course, it's also likely not in the best shape, but it serves your purposes well enough.

The homestead is just your standard moisture farm - a cozy home, many moisture vaporators around the property, a garage-type shed where repairs to vaporators or the speeders can be made out of the heat of the sun, and underground hydroponics and storage areas. Even though everything's kept in good, working condition, most everything has a feeling of being a bit worn-down, thanks to the rough conditions here.

The Doons are all home, as well; they are Matthias, who is your age, and Alis, his younger sister, who is a couple of years younger; their parents (the owners of the homestead) are Korlis and Sallah.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder will go see what Matthias is up to.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

He's currently tinkering with a vaporator that stopped working properly earlier in the day. Keeping them all running smoothly is quite important, after all, so fixing them is generally a priority.

"Hey, Galder, pass me that hydrospanner," he says, kicking at the machine with mild frustration.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Probably where Galder learned to be handy with machines, if not exactly great.

Galder will grab the hydrospanner mundanely with his hand and pass it to the boy.

"Need any help?" Galder asks. "I just gave the speeder a little tune-up, should be running just fine now."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:51 AM
Peach
mordrem

Most likely!

"Nah, just help me drag it back out into place when I'm done. Shouldn't take more tan a few moments..." he replies, tinkering with it a bit. "And you did? Good, Mom will be pleased..."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 02:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Yeah, sure, I can do that," Galder says. Even as a boy, he has always been very physical strong, though at this age his muscles are more sinewy than the bulk they will become one day. "So... I'm going out tonight. Think anyone will mind?"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:14 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Nah, once we finish this up that's all that needs to be done for the day, and you know Mom and Dad don't mind you going off to do your own things," Matthias replies. He makes a few more adjustments before setting aside his tools. "There, that should do it."

He pauses for a moment as the two of you start to drag the equipment back out of the shed and where it belongs.

"Still...that old guy you go to see is strange."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:21 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Yeah," Galder says, curt enough to make it clear that the subject is not something Matthias should broach but not enough to be rude. "It's nice getting off the farm sometimes, anyway. I'm grateful to live here and work for you, but Tatooine's a big world."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

He's not offended. They generally don't ever bring up the subject with you.

"Big world...not a whole lot out there, though. Just lots of desert...I don't know about you, but I plan on getting out of here and seeing more of the galaxy when I'm older."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I definitely plan to," Galder says. "Maybe we can go together. Watch each other's backs. It's not a safe place."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:35 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Sounds like a plan to me."

It doesn't take long for the two of you to get the repaired vaporator back into place and running again; everything appears to be working fine.

"Well, that's done. Are you gonna stick around any longer or are you heading off soon?" Matthias asks.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Might be a bit longer," Galder says. "Why?"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:41 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Just wondering. It's usually not safe out in the desert at night."

You generally get the feeling that, of everyone in the family, Matthias is the most interested in why you go off on your own, sometimes for several days at a time, but is hesitant to really ask about it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder feels it is better that none of them know, at least for now. Or at least that they don't know more than they already do, if they have already had brushes with Pazol at some point.

"I can hold my own," Galder says. "Sand People don't scare me."

He pats the blaster pistol at his hip.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:51 PM
Peach
mordrem

Mark it down to teenage curiosity, as well as the fact that Matthias considers you a friend.

"Hey, never hurts to be careful. Especially since they tend to travel in groups. But then again, does anything ever scare you?" he asks, as you walk back to the homestead itself, the suns starting to set; one has already gone down entirely.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 04:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Not in the least," Galder says. "I'm unstoppable, Matthias. The Galaxy won't be ready for me when I march out into it. You'll see."

Galder will probably have tried to teach Matthias some of his close quarters moves at some point.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 04:10 PM
Peach
mordrem

"No one's completely unstoppable, Galder..." Matthis replies, but he's grinning. He's used to such things from you.

Matthias is better with a gun, but has learned a few moves from you, yes. Always helps to have a backup plan, of course.

The two of you have returned to the homestead by now, and Alis is in the shed, putting away the tools the pair of you left out.

"Thanks for cleaning up after yourselves..." she comments. She's small for her age, with light brown hair. "Dinner won't be ready for a while."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 04:24 PM