KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cream Of The Crop: Top tiers

Cream Of The Crop: Top tiers
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Cream Of The Crop: Top tiers

ok, lets take the top 10 top tiers from each company. I probably left out some on each side, so let me know if i did. on Dc side:

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

Which side do you feel more confident that they will get the job done? which side is more powerful?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 04:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Marvel by a long shot.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 04:36 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 04:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Looking through the respective lists, it looks like Marvel has more "money on the line" kind of guys on their roster.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:17 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
by a long shot.

This phrase, in defense of either side, is rather naive.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by dmills Looking through the respective lists, it looks like Marvel has more "money on the line" kind of guys on their roster.

what do you mean by that?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:20 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

If we take current (or most recent) versions, Alan and Cpt. Atom might be the class of this fight. In fact, at least Alan certainly is.

Too many variables to say for sure, of course. Big fights are crapshoots. I pick DC though, mainly due to Alan.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:21 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Digi If we take current (or most recent) versions, Alan and Cpt. Atom might be the class of this fight. In fact, at least Alan certainly is. Too many variables to say for sure, of course. Big fights are crapshoots. I pick DC though, mainly due to Alan.

I am using pre flashpoint. and alan scott before the huge power amp. it wouldnt be fair if we used the one that was taking on the jla. still, alan was manipulating time like nbodys bussines.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:25 AM
Uriel005

Swap Wally for Barry imo. Nothing against him but I've always been a Barry fan big grin

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:47 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Prep-Man
what do you mean by that?

Alpha male, win against all odds, balls to the wall guys. Thor, Hulk, Nova, Adam Warlock etc.

DC is overall more powerful though. Probably comfortably so.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:05 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

ok, lets take the top 10 top tiers from each company. I probably left out some on each side, so let me know if i did. on Dc side:

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

Which side do you feel more confident that they will get the job done? which side is more powerful?

It really depends on the task needed to be done.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:07 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by dmills Alpha male, win against all odds, balls to the wall guys. Thor, Hulk, Nova, Adam Warlock etc. DC is overall more powerful though. Probably comfortably so.

you could say the same thing about orion, superman, majestic, and fate. right?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:13 AM
Badabing
Karen

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

I am using pre flashpoint.
Then put it in the OP next time instead of making me think I was ready to answer.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:24 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Who can or cannot survive without air? Because I think this battle ends up in space pretty quickly.

Also, I see a certain grumpy, green guy cheering from the ground.
"Hey guys! Hey guys! Whattabout me? Don't forgetabout me! Throw somebody down here, because I'm the strongest there is!
...um, hello? Guys?!" big grin

Lot's of strength, but the real power-brokers are Fate, Scott and Atom against Surfer, Strange and Quasar. Energy/Magic wise.

Wildcards would be:
Thor and BRB, because of all the whacky stuff they can do, which is definitely not always easy to even put a label on.
And, for DC, throwing a "Flash" in the mix could cause some trouble. Not just a speedster, but an ultra-speedster with abilities that are even beyond the Runner.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 07:22 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Are these lists limited to hero's only? If so, I cant think of any changes I would make, but if not, I'd make the following changes:

On the DC side, I'd substitute Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter for Henshaw and Senestro...

On the Marvel side, Nova, Quasar, and Adam Warlock would be out and I'd insert Morg, Loki, and Firelord...

After said changes, I'd pick the Marvel side to win 7/10...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 08:03 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

DC.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 09:40 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Are these lists limited to hero's only? If so, I cant think of any changes I would make, but if not, I'd make the following changes:

On the DC side, I'd substitute Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter for Henshaw and Senestro...

On the Marvel side, Nova, Quasar, and Adam Warlock would be out and I'd insert Morg, Loki, and Firelord...

After said changes, I'd pick the Marvel side to win 7/10...

I'd only take out Warlock, and add Blue Marvel in his place.

Originally posted by Horrificus
Who can or cannot survive without air? Because I think this battle ends up in space pretty quickly.

Also, I see a certain grumpy, green guy cheering from the ground.
"Hey guys! Hey guys! Whattabout me? Don't forgetabout me! Throw somebody down here, because I'm the strongest there is!
...um, hello? Guys?!" big grin

Lot's of strength, but the real power-brokers are Fate, Scott and Atom against Surfer, Strange and Quasar. Energy/Magic wise.

Wildcards would be:
Thor and BRB, because of all the whacky stuff they can do, which is definitely not always easy to even put a label on.
And, for DC, throwing a "Flash" in the mix could cause some trouble. Not just a speedster, but an ultra-speedster with abilities that are even beyond the Runner.

Although they could fight in space, how often does this happen? The Flash is also pretty much landlocked as well.

Originally posted by abhilegend
DC.

Nah.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Stoic
I'd only take out Warlock, and add Blue Marvel in his place.

Although they could fight in space, how often does this happen? The Flash is also pretty much landlocked as well.

Nah.

Yes, they have the perfect combination of strength, speed, energy projection, energy manipulation, telepathy, magic among other things. Alan makes it a comfortable win for DC.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:20 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Not if Warlock takes his soul away from him he doesn't.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:58 AM
Senor Cage

Warlock isn't the only top tier that could do that. And he doesn't get the Soul gem.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 11:01 AM