KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Man behind the shield

The Man behind the shield
Started by: Hulkbuster1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hulkbuster1

Love The Man behind the shield

Usually in versus forums the character with the biggest feats and power wins usually with some abilities that appear to be out of character or not within the characters usual psyche. But in comic book battles victory is not always about brute force and abilities but about other factors like sheer will, determination and preserving in battle for example spider man though not the strongest always finds a way through will and determination. Well in this thread I would like to peer into the mind of Superman/clerk and get to know him more including other feats that are neglected, for example winning without brute force, and such.
WELL HERES THE LIST OF QUESTIONS ID LIKE ANSWERS TO:
1. Has superman defeated villians by other means? example: outhinking, talking a foe out of fighting and winning without his powers.
2.Is superman truly a fighting warrior or would he rather take a more paceful approach to things?Has he ever thought of quiting the superhero routine for any reason or reasons?
3.what is the nature of kryptonians are the warriors, scientist, friendly, aggressive or all?
4. How did native kryptonians view other civilizations including ours?
5. Is superman proud of his heritage or are there conflicting issues?
6.Does superman/clerk have any inner demons,regrets or struggles?
7.Did he ever have doubts about whether he'd win or not?
8. Has superman done something he regrets like killing someone?or had thoughts of giving up or being evil?
9. what is the context nature of superman? what motivates him to fight, does he bring any other mental handicaps like holding back out of fear, usual approach to battles and such?
10. How strong is supermans will to fight even when he knows he probably might not win?

Note: You can answer one or all pf the questions.

Last edited by Hulkbuster1 on May 7th, 2012 at 09:41 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2012 09:38 PM
Hulkbuster1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hulkbuster1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hulkbuster1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

1. Yes. For example, when he defeated Amazo (admittedly, Atom's idea).
2.He'd rather take a peaceful approach, imo.
3. Mostly scientists, they seemed to look down on Zod.
4. Probably insects.
5. Proud
6. All the time
7. Yes
8. Yes, but no to being evil - I may be wrong on this one though.
9. Pass, for now.
10 Extremely strong.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 09:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Re: The Man behind the shield

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Usually in versus forums the character with the biggest feats and power wins usually with some abilities that appear to be out of character or not within the characters usual psyche. But in comic book battles victory is not always about brute force and abilities but about other factors like sheer will, determination and preserving in battle for example spider man though not the strongest always finds a way through will and determination. Well in this thread I would like to peer into the mind of Superman/clerk and get to know him more including other feats that are neglected, for example winning without brute force, and such.
WELL HERES THE LIST OF QUESTIONS ID LIKE ANSWERS TO:
1. Has superman defeated villians by other means? example: outhinking, talking a foe out of fighting and winning without his powers.
2.Is superman truly a fighting warrior or would he rather take a more paceful approach to things?Has he ever thought of quiting the superhero routine for any reason or reasons?
3.what is the nature of kryptonians are the warriors, scientist, friendly, aggressive or all?
4. How did native kryptonians view other civilizations including ours?
5. Is superman proud of his heritage or are there conflicting issues?
6.Does superman/clerk have any inner demons,regrets or struggles?
7.Did he ever have doubts about whether he'd win or not?
8. Has superman done something he regrets like killing someone?or had thoughts of giving up or being evil?
9. what is the context nature of superman? what motivates him to fight, does he bring any other mental handicaps like holding back out of fear, usual approach to battles and such?
10. How strong is supermans will to fight even when he knows he probably might not win?

Note: You can answer one or all pf the questions.

I'm not a Superman expert but I'll give you my input for what I have read in comics.

1.- Yes, He has. On the top of my head Dominus. With out powers? He has also defeated enemies with out hos powers, Parasite comes to mind I think there is this other guy called Mammoth which He outsmarted with out powers

2.- I think He is more of a peaceful guy but He is no stranger to violence, I think once He thought about quitting when his parents got endangered, but mostly to protect them. IIRC

3.- Scientist on the late era of Krypton

4.- They though of earth as a backward planet, not sure what they thought about other civilizations, but IIRC the were isolationists.

5.- I'm not Superman to answer this, but He is more proud of being "Human" than Kryptonian. And Superman is technically HUMAN as he was born on earth, He was conceived in Krypton but the chamber matrix made him born on earth. So he is technically earth born with Kryptinian heritage. And yes there are conflicting Ideas between Kryptonians and Humans.

6.- He tries to be as human as He can and he has placed mental blocks to achieve this (according to batman anyway) He has says He does not uses his full force most of the time (according to comics this has only happened twice)

7.- Yes He has.

8.- He has killed in the past and He regrets it, but if pushed enough He will kill again.

9.- He fights because his parents thought him to protect the weak and the innocent. He usually measures his opponents by allowing the a few free shots and starts increasing according to his enemy, because He does not wants to kill his opponent but subdue him.

10.- He has challenged/refused reality from reality manipulator's will at least on 3 times, this was done while knowing He cannot win the fight.One one occasion even Hal's will was compromised while Superman kept fighting

This is based on what I remember

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post May 7th, 2012 10:11 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulkbuster1

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
1. Yes. For example, when he defeated Amazo (admittedly, Atom's idea).
2.He'd rather take a peaceful approach, imo.
3. Mostly scientists, they seemed to look down on Zod.
4. Probably insects.
5. Proud
6. All the time
7. Yes
8. Yes, but no to being evil - I may be wrong on this one though.
9. Pass, for now.
10 Extremely strong.
I believe I read somewhere about kal l meeting his parents and when he tried hugging his mother she didn't want him to touch her because she found him disgustful and they couldnt believe he had hair. afterward krypton exploded and he survived it. Superman has been getting more complex, peter parker almost type of turmoil complexities. I wish I read superman fallen god I believe was title. The multiverse, don't know if canon, offers variant complexities and versions of superman sort of a what if? I liked Kingdom come as superman inner turmoil of peaceful approach vs. fighting became more conflicting to the point that he retired heck I like that route they took him in. His personality kinda reminds me of megaman x.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 11:17 PM
Hulkbuster1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hulkbuster1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hulkbuster1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulkbuster1

Re: Re: The Man behind the shield

Originally posted by biensalsa
I'm not a Superman expert but I'll give you my input for what I have read in comics.

1.- Yes, He has. On the top of my head Dominus. With out powers? He has also defeated enemies with out hos powers, Parasite comes to mind I think there is this other guy called Mammoth which He outsmarted with out powers

2.- I think He is more of a peaceful guy but He is no stranger to violence, I think once He thought about quitting when his parents got endangered, but mostly to protect them. IIRC

3.- Scientist on the late era of Krypton

4.- They though of earth as a backward planet, not sure what they thought about other civilizations, but IIRC the were isolationists.

5.- I'm not Superman to answer this, but He is more proud of being "Human" than Kryptonian. And Superman is technically HUMAN as he was born on earth, He was conceived in Krypton but the chamber matrix made him born on earth. So he is technically earth born with Kryptinian heritage. And yes there are conflicting Ideas between Kryptonians and Humans.

6.- He tries to be as human as He can and he has placed mental blocks to achieve this (according to batman anyway) He has says He does not uses his full force most of the time (according to comics this has only happened twice)

7.- Yes He has.

8.- He has killed in the past and He regrets it, but if pushed enough He will kill again.

9.- He fights because his parents thought him to protect the weak and the innocent. He usually measures his opponents by allowing the a few free shots and starts increasing according to his enemy, because He does not wants to kill his opponent but subdue him.

10.- He has challenged/refused reality from reality manipulator's will at least on 3 times, this was done while knowing He cannot win the fight.One one occasion even Hal's will was compromised while Superman kept fighting

This is based on what I remember

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:57 AM