KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prototype 2

Prototype 2
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Prototype 2

Can't say I'm surprised that Prototype would get a sequel although I am surprised that someone else will be taking Mercer's spotlight since it appears that he will be the main antagonist of the sequel, Prototype 2.

Turning into a giant looks interesting.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 06:47 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

This looks like it won't be very different from the original =/ Fun at first, but a few hours in and you've done everything fun there is to do ten times over.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 07:52 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Never went near the first one i guess i'm not missing much.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 08:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General_Iroh
This looks like it won't be very different from the original =/ Fun at first, but a few hours in and you've done everything fun there is to do ten times over.

Yeah, makes me think of TFU 2 as far as that goes.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 08:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

I believe that the core gameplay for Prototype was awesome. Alex Mercer was a really cool character and was fun to play as. But the game was brought down because of how underbalanced his powers were. His claws were pretty much useless after you got anything else. And they needed way more enemy types. Only 2 enemies were challenging, Those big pink things and the super soldiers. Otherwise tanks and helicopters were not fun to engage.

Also, the place itself was bland. Just streets and blocks you could run on. It would be better if you could play alex in the Just cause 2 city (panau).

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 09:44 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

indeed, free roam in the city has been done time and time again and it just isn't that fun anymore. Not to mention that in the first prototype when you get late in the game you have an endless amount of helicopters that you have to fend off at all times erm

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 08:01 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. That was capital B Boring.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 09:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

nah prototype's fun. It had ps2 lookin graphics but everything else was good. I never became bored with game.

Play it in 3d..

I'll check out prototype 2.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 10:35 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I kinda like the turn they took with the plot--introducing a new, semi-sympathetic protagonist out for revenge against the last game's protagonist makes for a cool twist that could really make things alot less black and white on the moral scale, and that's always good imo, because it can open up for more interesting discussions as to whose side you're on as the player watching the story.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 08:22 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

First one didn't do much for me. The first few hours were fun but like everyone else has stated, the game just became monotonous and frustrating.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 02:14 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I didn't like the first game for a variety of uncommon reasons. Mercer is supposed to be a hero yet could indiscriminately kill innocent bystanders, I mean where is the tension controlling a hero with no conscience?

There's supposed to be something that's in jeopardy in a super hero game. The rest of his powers were ok, but certain aspects of targeting were off. Also there needed to be a more visceral feel to hitting things.

If I hit a 180 to 250 pound man I want to feel it, the sense of weight at hitting such a body as I send him flying 50 m away would've added to combat in a minute but quite significant way. That sense of impact would've obviously gone up with the bigger targets (vehicles and monsters).

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 03:28 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't think he was ever supposed to be a hero, and he certainly wasn't trying to be one.

I like the story and Alex's powers, but the one thing that became frustrating was the never ending stream of choppers and tanks when all hell breaks loose.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 15th, 2011 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 02:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

His story at least in the beginning set him up as a hero. A man with amnesia stuck in a city infected with monsters, while possessing monstrous abilities of his own.

He's not a werewolf that can't control his powers, he's fully in control of his abilities, there's no reason why he'd treat innocent bystanders like cattle. Hell, most of us treat cattle better.

The game lacked a sense of tension, as nothing was put in jeopardy, everything was game. So the unending military enemies got boring quick, as did the nondescript monsters.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 05:04 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 10:38 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

That was an oddly beautiful thing. Still, need more vids.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 11:26 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Not much we didn't already know.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 05:07 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 09:17 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I know its a abit all but.

A very chilling trailer.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 10:02 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I liked the first game a lot. I don't think it got boring and it was always fun to just go around killing things.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 02:57 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 01:42 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote