KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Syndicate

Syndicate
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Syndicate

Another old PC game reborn as a First Person Shooter

Starbreeze is involved so it should turn out alright.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 08:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It looks really, really good.

I never understand the backlash with old games being reinvented into a new genre.
Is it cash grab to make people buy the game based on title alone? Maybe, but as well, consumers generally will buy a FPS over an isometric tactical strategy game.

In the end, if the developers can get the same feel and atmosphere the original can, I think it's a good thing.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 11:55 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks really fun.

Like a more over the top Deuce Ex.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 05:01 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I think it's a pure shooter though. Looks great and I do like Starbreeze games.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 08:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I played the original game on the Amiga 600, and loved it to death. I don't mind them making it a shooter, but they have to preserve the atmosphere I feel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 11:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That I agree with.

Similar to how Fallout 3 was received. Yes, it was basically a Bethesda game and an FPS view, people shat their pants but it felt like a Fallout game and nobody cared after that.

I never played the original so I can comment but in terms of potential customers, what's the ratio between new players and gamers who played the original? 70-30?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 02:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I remember playing Syndicate Wars on a demo disc off a magazine, Not sure what i was ment to do but i was just going around blowing shit up.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 07:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
That I agree with.

Similar to how Fallout 3 was received. Yes, it was basically a Bethesda game and an FPS view, people shat their pants but it felt like a Fallout game and nobody cared after that.

I never played the original so I can comment but in terms of potential customers, what's the ratio between new players and gamers who played the original? 70-30?

Probably, if not higher.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I remember playing Syndicate Wars on a demo disc off a magazine, Not sure what i was ment to do but i was just going around blowing shit up.

There were some levels where you could do that. Some where you couldn't. It had some very nice mechanics though, and a small level of good customisation.

Say, do you bring an extra clip, or do you bring a mini-brainwashing machine that will turn civilians in to your bodyguards? Awesome stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 08:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 11:34 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks like the game is going to be ****ing brutally violent.

I like the game play video they had. I was impressed with how the shooting was much slower and less frantic than other shooters.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 01:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Interesting... I'll be giving it a look.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 01:32 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think EA should release a demo for this game. A good demo would get a lot of people interested in it.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 03:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think EA should release a demo for this game. A good demo would get a lot of people interested in it.

Agreed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 03:21 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 06:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks really good.

The type of game I always enjoy. Butcher's Bay was an awesome game.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 03:31 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game has got the banned treatment in Australia....no expression

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...stralia-UPDATED

quote:
the game is too intensely violent for kids and thus should be played by no-one

*Face palm* jeez our classifiction board are living in fantasy land would've thought they have realised by now its not just kids that play games with all the polls that have been done.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 02:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If it's anything like the old game, I honestly am not surprised one bit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 06:59 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They mentioned blowing limbs off with guns and seeing bone and what not

Uhhhhh....we got allowed Soldier Of Fortune, Just no consistancy with the games over here, Allow a select few in and then ban the next one and its not much different to the other ones.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:15 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wonder if the "human shield" mechanic will be in this one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:17 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

With your "brain chip" being able to take over peoples motor functions, you can probably get them to be meat shields for you.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 10:02 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote