KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Started by: Mandrag Ganon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The trailer was just launched at E3...

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/46484/E3-...meplay-Trailer/

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:41 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Meh.

Metroid please.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Meh.

Metroid please.

thumb up

funny how they have problems trying to play the game on the show.
That made my day

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 05:55 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hopefully everything will work together nicely for it... It looks like it will hopefully be great when released.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:01 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm. Does look a bit underwhelming right now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Looks like it's unfinished. stick out tongue They've still worked a lot of neat stuff into it, and it appears some of the rumours are true. There might be flight, for example.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:42 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'm impressed. A lot of new elements in the gameplay. I also believe I spied a sprinting feature. Finally.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:43 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Looks like it's unfinished. stick out tongue They've still worked a lot of neat stuff into it, and it appears some of the rumours are true. There might be flight, for example.

What rumors?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 06:47 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'll buy it because I do like Zelda games.

But I'll be surprised if it strays to far from the Zelda formula.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 07:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, for sure I'll buy it. I was just hoping for a trailer that would amaze me. And it is indeed time for Zelda to try something new- say what you like about Metroid, but they are certainly tinkering.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 09:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

At least it's not cel-shaded. But I won't care much about it until I see reviews. Only 1st party Nintendo franchise I care about now is Metroid.

I liked the scorpion boss, though.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 09:58 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
At least it's not cel-shaded. But I won't care much about it until I see reviews. Only 1st party Nintendo franchise I care about now is Metroid.

I liked the scorpion boss, though.

I like the graphical appearance, I am really looking forward to this. big grin

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 10:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh, for sure I'll buy it. I was just hoping for a trailer that would amaze me. And it is indeed time for Zelda to try something new- say what you like about Metroid, but they are certainly tinkering.

They are certainly doing that.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 10:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

This is is so far one of three places out of six different place that don't involve fans bitching about the graphical change like SoT fanboys on PoP '08. Sure it looks a bit campy, but the combo gives it better textures than TP and better-rendered character models than WW. Graphics have become the last thing I give a floater for unless they're either game-disabling or are just remarkably bad or unimpressive on a technical level (ie, Prototype).

Although I must say that I wonder if they'll work on giving Link different animations; it's beyond obvious that they're the exact same ones as TP Link's animations (not counting the remarkable similarity in appearance, but then again, let's not forget how many Toon Links there are).

I also kinda wished they showed the demo in a better way than just a square in the corner of the screen, but whatever...

Frankly, a part of me had been hoping from the very start that they'd delay the game's release regardless of how the game was gonna be, so I'm not surprised, nor particularly disappointed that they did. In the end you can only gain so much from a demo that doubles as an unveiling of a game that's built to be one of the console's flagship games. As for that technical interference midway through the demo, I think it's best to wait for the gaming sites to give their word on the demo lest we assume it's to be a consistent issue among the vast majority of copies.

Oh, and sprinting ftmfw

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 15th, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 11:13 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
This is is so far one of three places out of six different place that don't involve fans bitching about the graphical change like SoT fanboys on PoP '08. Sure it looks a bit campy, but the combo gives it better textures than TP and better-rendered character models than WW. Graphics have become the last thing I give a floater for unless they're either game-disabling or are just remarkably bad or unimpressive on a technical level (ie, Prototype).

Although I must say that I wonder if they'll work on giving Link different animations; it's beyond obvious that they're the exact same ones as TP Link's animations (not counting the remarkable similarity in appearance, but then again, let's not forget how many Toon Links there are).

I also kinda wished they showed the demo in a better way than just a square in the corner of the screen, but whatever...

Frankly, a part of me had been hoping from the very start that they'd delay the game's release regardless of how the game was gonna be, so I'm not surprised, nor particularly disappointed that they did. In the end you can only gain so much from a demo that doubles as an unveiling of a game that's built to be one of the console's flagship games. As for that technical interference midway through the demo, I think it's best to wait for the gaming sites to give their word on the demo lest we assume it's to be a consistent issue among the vast majority of copies.

Oh, and sprinting ftmfw

Agreed. yes

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 11:31 PM
Impediment
Endless

Very underwhelming.

I do hope that future trailers offer more than this. I expect that they will. After all, it is just a teaser.

Also, is anyone else wondering why in the hell is Link still using the damn slingshot?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 11:52 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Impediment
Very underwhelming.

I do hope that future trailers offer more than this. I expect that they will. After all, it is just a teaser.

Also, is anyone else wondering why in the hell is Link still using the damn slingshot?

Maybe he just likes slingshots.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 12:41 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I'm more excited by the sword beam at any time than anything else. I always hated needing full health. Anyway, I think it looks good so far.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 01:15 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
At least it's not cel-shaded.
Yes it is. Combines the realism of TP with the cel-shading of WW.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 01:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote