KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Age 2

Dragon Age 2
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Dragon Age 2

BioWare's sequel to Dragon Age Origins was just announced.

The release date is set at March 2011, for PC, PS3 and X360. The first trailer will see the light of day on August 17th.

BioWare had this to say on the game in general:

quote:

“Last year’s launch of Dragon Age: Origins was one of the most successful in BioWare’s 15-year history and one of the most successful new IP launches in the 28 year history of EA,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Senior Vice President of Electronic Arts and co-founder and Group General Manager of BioWare. “Dragon Age 2 will simultaneously deliver an epic story and set a new bar for intense action in the genre. We’re very excited to deliver this next bold evolution in the Dragon Age franchise to our fans.”

“With Dragon Age 2 we are creating an exciting new entry point into the Dragon Age universe while ensuring that fans of the original game retain a sense of satisfaction and familiarity in the world,” said Dragon Age 2 Executive Producer Mark Darrah. “We are amplifying the things that made Dragon Age: Origins such a huge success while introducing a more dynamic combat system, improving the graphics, and telling the most important story in our world.”

and on the story:
quote:

Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.

Very much looking forward to this game as I loved Origins, hopefuly they will move on to other parts of the world instead of revisiting Ferelden, like what the Elder Scrolls do.

Source: http://epicbattleaxe.com/dragon-age...details-emerge/

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 08:05 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Looking forward to this, and can't wait to see what they do with the gameplay changes. While i had expected a continution of the first game character I am fine with a game about somone else, aslong as the stuff fro mthe first game shapes the aspects of the world.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 08:46 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Hm, so I assume the Origin stories are being taken out as well?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 10:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yea you play a human named Hawke from a set city

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 10:35 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm getting a kind of Shepard vibe from Hawke, like Biowares trying to pull that off again. Cool name though.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 10:48 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

they are

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 10:56 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Visiting the DA2 forums revealed that a lot of people speculate that Hawke is Morrigan's child, however if choices from DA:O will carry over, what happens if you chose to not let Morrigan get laid?

Last edited by Morridini on Jul 9th, 2010 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 05:47 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

would the childreally be considered a survivor of the blight being born after it was over though?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 06:02 AM
Morridini
Morridini

You're correct, some more skimming found a BioWare post saying it's not the child of Morrigan, so nvm my previous post.

Someone made a thread about what is known so far from BioWare representatives on the forum; http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...-3064634-1.html

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 06:04 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Finally we have a fully voiced character.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 02:28 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I see a bunch of dickheads whining about how everyone is afraid of change because they want to play as their own character instead of Hawke in the second game.

It isn't about change; it's about resolving one story before starting the next. If they do that, i'll happily buy #2. If not, i dunno...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
Finally we have a fully voiced character.

Ditto. I dislike the soulless shells that are create-your-own-characters.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 01:11 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I suspect you can create your own character.

Dragon Age had that. Same with Mass Effect.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 02:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

They better get someone who can make the dialogue sound as hilarious as male Commander Shepard.

Preferably also a goofy ass smile.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 11:25 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I just bought Origins four days ago and it's just plain awesome. Now that I know there will be a sequel, Im even more excited. Hope Shale gets ported into the sequel, I like having that golem around.

What I hope gets fixed is the dialouge options. I see options with the word "(Persuade)" in them and that makes me think I earned enough cunning points but when I select it, the characters act all negative-like. In the sequel, if I earn enough cunning points, then the persuade option will open kinda like how if you're good or bad enough in Mass Effect, optional dialouges get highlated in blue or red meaning you can select it without people telling what you don't want to hear. Also, for the love of the Maker, won't Bioware make the protagonist talk? I find it rather ridiculous that in character custimization, there are voice options but the protagonist barely speaks.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 04:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

You need moar then cunning points to be good at persuasion.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 04:36 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You need moar then cunning points to be good at persuasion.

Such as?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 04:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Uh.

Cranking up your Persuasion talent? =/

Seriously, persuasion breaks the game. It makes you comparable with ****ing Hitler in terms of charisma.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:01 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Cranking up your Persuasion talent? =/

Seriously, persuasion breaks the game. It makes you comparable with ****ing Hitler in terms of charisma.

I'm just trying to find a way to get the Lady of the Forest to let me kill the elves and have the Werewolves join the fight against the Darkspawn.

Uh, what?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:46 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Go look up how on the interwebz.

Hitler was one of the most charismatic people in history.

The moar joo know

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 05:56 AM