KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » I wonder why kojima does'nt remake Metal gear 1 and 2?

I wonder why kojima does'nt remake Metal gear 1 and 2?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

I wonder why kojima does'nt remake Metal gear 1 and 2?

I mean He remade Metal gear solid, new voice overs and everything. I wonder why he doe'nt remake the original 2 metal gears into something spectacular.

The story is basically already written.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 02:41 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Why doesn't Nintendo remake Super Metroid?

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 07:03 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

revisiting takes away some of the nostalgia IMO... the upsides are that it introduces people to those games on a more modern level and possibly creates a new set of fans for the series..

but thats not to say it doesnt cost a mint amount of money and a good dev team to pay the game the respect it deserves

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 10:53 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Because he spends to much time on each new Metal Gear game. Maybe when the series is complete (if that even happens) we'll see some remakes.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 10:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

mgs is amazing, easily one of my favorite gaming series out there. up at the top with final fantasy,zelda smile

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 08:59 PM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Infinity
mgs is amazing, easily one of my favorite gaming series out there. up at the top with final fantasy,zelda smile

Different game...

MG was actually just impossible.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:07 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I guess He already kinda did remake the original Metal gear with MGS. IT had everything the original had.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 03:42 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

If he doesn't kill Raiden in some absolutely wonderfully horrific manner in 4, and Snake does indeed retire/suicide. I'm sure he'll do something else to expand the series.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 04:36 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I guess He already kinda did remake the original Metal gear with MGS. IT had everything the original had.

Different.Game.

Metal Gear 1 & 2 are in the Subsistance dual disc pack.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 04:36 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I agree completely! I've been saying for years that the NES Metal Gears should be completely redone in 3D with all the voice acting etc.

They are very important to the story and it'd be nice to be able to play through them all in the same manner.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 03:41 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I've always had the balls to say what no one else will. The first metal gear sucked anyway

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 11:02 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Darth Jello
I've always had the balls to say what no one else will. The first metal gear sucked anyway

Your talking about the NES first Metal gear right? If so then I agree with you, its not very good.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 05:14 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree he should remake both games into single expanded version with much bigger screenplay, more cinematic and upgraded gameplay. Each one can be its own chapter, like \Plant and Tank chapter in MGS2.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 5
Metal Gear 1+2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Then he will just have to do story before MGS3 with the Boss, and story in between 2 and 4 and the saga will be complete.

Portable Ops should also be made prologue to Rising, that was EVERY Game can be awesome. Metal Gear 1+2, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Peace Walker, Metal Gear Rising reveangance and then the other two games. That will end series with ten games and all ten AWESOME.

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Last edited by Darth Ray Park on Jun 6th, 2012 at 06:13 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 06:08 PM
Darth Ray Park is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote