KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blue Marvel Challenge

Blue Marvel Challenge
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Blue Marvel Challenge

So in Blue Marvel's limited appearances he seemed very impressive & powerful. (I really like the character and wish they do more with him). Anyway it's pretty clear that he is one of Marvels top guns. So for this thread I'm curious to see how KMC thinks he would do against the other top heralds in comics.

This ISN'T A GAUNTLET. just want to know how BM does against each opponent.

1. Thor
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4. Captain Marvel
5. Nova Prime
6. Hal Jordan
7. Silver Surfer
8. Wonder Woman
9. Gladiator
10. Martian Manhunter

How would he do in a fight against these guys?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:41 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

They all beat him.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:43 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
They all beat him.

Pretty much, yeah.

Some fights are closer than others, and some I can see Blue Marvel pulling out an upset, but for the majority, they should all beat him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:45 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

So a guy who one shorted Sentry can't beat any of these guys?

Sounds racist

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:52 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by byrdgang21

Sounds racist

laughing out loud

Most of these guys, under the same conditions, could flash KO Sentry as he was portrayed in that mini. You also have Namor directly comparing his strength to Hulk and Thor (not above it, which is important) and the fact that his creator clearly intended Blue Marvel to be at the top tier level, not above it.

That in turn forces us to look at feats in addition to intent and overall portrayal. To that end, he's not going to beat anyone here for the majority. I don't see him being stomped or beaten easily, though.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:55 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Nothing but racism.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:56 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Most of these guys, under the same conditions, could flash KO Sentry as he was portrayed in that mini. You also have Namor directly comparing his strength to Hulk and Thor (not above it, which is important) and the fact that his creator clearly intended Blue Marvel to be at the top tier level, not above it.

That in turn forces us to look at feats in addition to intent and overall portrayal. To that end, he's not going to beat anyone here for the majority. I don't see him being stomped or beaten easily, though.

So you're not giving him any wins soley on lack of feats?

I really wish they would bring him back. He seems to have so much potential.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 09:58 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Sounds racist

He managed a brief BFR and Sentry came back the next paged and tko'd him. He has 5 appearances... and none of them have the feats to suggest he could take the clear majority against any of these guys,

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:01 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

(please log in to view the image)

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:03 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

So you're not giving him any wins soley on lack of feats?

I really wish they would bring him back. He seems to have so much potential.

He does have good feats such as beating Anti-Man, his fight with the Mighty Avengers, and beating King Hyperion, and it's clear he's meant to be a physical peer to the likes of Hulk and Thor, but that doesn't mean he can beat them. I have no doubt he could give everyone on the list a fight, possibly even a stalemate, but I don't see him outright defeating anyone.

He is a good and well thought out new character, though.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:07 PM
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Originally posted by Mindset
(please log in to view the image)

LOL

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:10 PM
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

He does have good feats such as beating Anti-Man, his fight with the Mighty Avengers, and beating King Hyperion, and it's clear he's meant to be a physical peer to the likes of Hulk and Thor, but that doesn't mean he can beat them. I have no doubt he could give everyone on the list a fight, possibly even a stalemate, but I don't see him outright defeating anyone.

He is a good and well thought out new character, though.

Idk why they wouldn't at the least have him join the avengers. He can be their big gun and replace Sentry. Also with his military background, they may be able to use that to create a nice dynamic with him & Cap. There is really so much they can do with him. And with the way Thor has been treated lately the Avengers can definitely use another big gun.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:14 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Idk why they wouldn't at the least have him join the avengers. He can be their big gun and replace Sentry. Also with his military background, they may be able to use that to create a nice dynamic with him & Cap. There is really so much they can do with him. And with the way Thor has been treated lately the Avengers can definitely use another big gun.

He was used briefly in the Heroic Age by his creator, Grevioux (sp?), but outside of that, not much has happened.

I'd like to see him further fleshed out on his own, though it's more likely if we do see more of him it will be on a team.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:16 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He'll probably show up and get Worf'd by the next Superman expy Marvel creates/

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:20 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He'll probably show up and get Worf'd by the next Superman expy Marvel creates/

Probably.

I have no doubt that his purpose on a team would be to look impressive and formidable for a few issues to establish him as a top tier powerhouse, only to get Worf'd by the threat of the month. And I don't think he'd sustain an ongoing on his own.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:26 PM
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

He was used briefly in the Heroic Age by his creator, Grevioux (sp?), but outside of that, not much has happened.

I'd like to see him further fleshed out on his own, though it's more likely if we do see more of him it will be on a team.

Yea I know but that was just a feature. I'd like to see him in a more permanent role. I agree with you that he should be featured as a solo character but I highly doubt Marvel would do that

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:26 PM
basilisk

At the moment, yeah he would lose the majority to pretty much all these guys, some more than others though not by stompings.

If they do bring him back they probably need to tone him down a bit. The author kind of made him to much of a 12 year-old fanboy's character (in fact I think he created him while he was a kid, and it shows). Making a character who is as strong as Thor or Hulk, can fly and has antimatter powers etc, and he's a top genius and scientist, and he's a decorated military guy, and he's friends with the Watcher, and Sub-Mariner, and he was an important historical figure, and he was friends with the President, and he beats down King Hyperion - all in his first two appearances - it's just too much. I'm not surprised they haven't used him again outside of What If. There's almost nowhere for a character like that to go.

Actually these days he'd probably beat Thor like everyone else does.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:51 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by basilisk
At the moment, yeah he would lose the majority to pretty much all these guys, some more than others though not by stompings.

If they do bring him back they probably need to tone him down a bit. The author kind of made him to much of a 12 year-old fanboy's character (in fact I think he created him while he was a kid, and it shows). Making a character who is as strong as Thor or Hulk, can fly and has antimatter powers etc, and he's a top genius and scientist, and he's a decorated military guy, and he's friends with the Watcher, and Sub-Mariner, and he was an important historical figure, and he was friends with the President, and he beats down King Hyperion - all in his first two appearances - it's just too much. I'm not surprised they haven't used him again outside of What If. There's almost nowhere for a character like that to go.

True. He beats Gladiator for sure though eek!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:56 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Originally posted by basilisk

That's really not that much different than Sentry having every power imaginable. They should just bring BM & Sentry/Void back and just have Bob be a straight up Villain & have BM be his main adversary.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 04:17 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Blue Marvel was an interesting character whose existence didn't drastically alter or shit on other character's established canon like Sentry did. And Marvel was never intended to be > than the top tiers in comics, just a peer among them. Sentry, on the other hand, was intended to be the single greatest hero of all time and got ridiculous feats to attempt to justify it.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:34 PM