KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !

Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !
Started by: Van Hoe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Van Hoe

Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !

When Palpatine reveals to Anakin the sith legends, he said that Darth Plagueis could manipulate midi-chlorians to create life. It rang a bell to me, it's a too big coincidence. Did that mean that Plagueis or Sidious create Anakin ?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Van Hoe a Private Message Find more posts by Van Hoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Merc
Paid to Kill

the force is anakins father, there are other threads related to this

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Merc a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Merc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

I certainly think it's suggested, especially since Palpatine gives Anakin that meaningful look after saying it.
Whether "suggested" means suggested by Lucas as the truth or suggested by Palpatine in order to further bait Anakin will probably never be resolved - I' m looking forward to anything Lucas will say about this in future interviews.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:20 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I made a thread on this in EU section noone could agree.....but this is something that will have to be answered in official EU someday...its open for that....no doubt

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I didnt tought about none of that when he was telling Anaking the story, i did tought that Darth Plagueis apprentice was Palpatine.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that may be, Vicious

anyway, I rather think it was a trick to further lure Anakin to the dark side

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:15 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

it was concerning creating life to stop death in the context.
and plus it was discussed before, either one of those guys would have taken anikin to be trained by birth. They would have had the woman in custody right at conception

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:17 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

1. Darth Plagueis was Sidious's master. It was Sidious who killed Plague.
2. Anakin was born from the force, and Sidious had nothing to do with his birth.

Objective answers are the best.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
1. Darth Plagueis was Sidious's master. It was Sidious who killed Plague
and this info comes from?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

It comes from the novelezation, after Sidious tells Anakin he's a Sith, Anakin asks if Plagueis was his master and he says yes, but you don't even need that. It comes from the theatre scene, when Palpatine is telling the story of how his apprentice and he gives a wickedly evil, reminiscent look when he says he was killed in his sleep.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orli43

In The Making of Star Wars Episode III book it said that originally Palpatine was going to tell Anakin that he was the one who manipulated the midiclorians to create Anakin, but this was taken out before filming began.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Orli43 a Private Message Find more posts by Orli43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

that may just as well have been a lie in any case

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Merc
the force is anakins father, there are other threads related to this

I wondered about this but then I thought... Nah, one dollop of cheese to many. I don't actually read EU so maybe some one can fill me in on this. I don't like the idea though. As for Sids as Ani's Daddy, well maybe GL toyed with the idea and then quit. For me that would be one parallel with the OT to many. To lazy and predictable.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Why say the DP learned how to manipulate the midichlorians to create life and that his apprentice learned everything, including that if Palpatine DIDN'T create Anakin??? C'mon peeps. There is NO reason to mention it!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Sidious couldn't have created Anakin through the Force. He told Anakin that only Plagueis had mastered the technique for creating/saving life..but that together they might be able to.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Creating life is different than saving life...

Besides...he is talking about discovering the secret to cheating death together.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:23 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Sorry, pumped Shmi full of midichlorians, I did!!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Delta 62
Sidious couldn't have created Anakin through the Force. He told Anakin that only Plagueis had mastered the technique for creating/saving life..but that together they might be able to.

Well he also said Plagiues taught him everything he knows.... but I do NOT believe either of them created Anakin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:44 AM
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Lazer!!!!! Is it on again????

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I'm so sick of arguing about whether the Sith created Anakin....

hold up.... beer beer beer beer

ok bring it on

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:07 AM