KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015

Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

New Star Wars in 2015

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image) Hopy fvckin' shit! (please log in to view the image)

I am doing an acrobatic pirouette right the fvck off the handle right now!

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 30th, 2012 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Just saw this.

Awesome news!

Good bye EU...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:41 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

This is good news.

Me wants Old Republic era stories to be depicted in films as well.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:43 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Just saw this.

Awesome news!

Good bye EU...

Considering I give no ****s for anything post-movies, I'd be 0k with that.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nephthys
Considering I give no ****s for anything post-movies, I'd be 0k with that.

Yeah, my first thought was hopefully this gets rid of DE, LotF, and Legacy.

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:45 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hoping for a Thrawn trilogy. I've always wanted to get to it, apparently its a highpoint for the EU.

Mark Hamill speaks:

“He talked about doing a VII, VIII, IX,” Hamill began. “You know when I first did this, it was four trilogies. 12 movies! And out on the desert, any time between setups… lots of free time. And George was talking about this whole thing. I said, ‘Why are you starting with IV, V and VI? It’s crazy.’ [Imitating Lucas grumble,] ‘It’s the most commercial section of the movie.’ He said the first trilogy’s darker, more serious. And the impression I got, he said, ‘Um, how’d you like to be in Episode IX?’ This is 1976. ‘When is that going to be?’ ‘2011.’ I defy anyone to add 36 years to their lives and not be stunned. Even an eight year old is like, ‘No, I’ll never be 47.’ So I did the math and figured out how old I’d be. I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do?’ He said, ‘You’ll just be like a cameo. You’ll be like Obi Wan handing the lightsaber down to the next new hope.’ And I’m thinking, ‘I love the guy. If he wanted me to do light yard work at his house, I’d be out clipping the hedges.’ So I went, ‘Sure.’ But I thought he just realized that he’s going to be doing it the rest of his life and he’d rather not do that.”

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:08 PM
Ascendancy

As I said elsewhere, I don't really have a huge desire for post ROTJ films. I will say if they follow the more serious tone of ROTS though I would be more inclined to get excited about them.

That stated, I would much rather see Old Republic-era films. A Bane trilogy, films about Revan, etc would be my cup of tea. There could not be any better framework that what has been presented already for that timeline. Teaser trailer:

"What is thy bidding, my Master?"
"Lord Vader, have I ever told you the story of how the Sith came to be only two?"
*Flashes of the battles and strife of the Sith War*

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Republic era is a terrible and uninteresting era though.

Anyway, yeah.. mixed feelings. Ironically, it'll probably be better than the PT, since Lucas won't be directing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Ascendancy
As I said elsewhere, I don't really have a huge desire for post ROTJ films. I will say if they follow the more serious tone of ROTS though I would be more inclined to get excited about them.

That stated, I would much rather see Old Republic-era films. A Bane trilogy, films about Revan, etc would be my cup of tea. There could not be any better framework that what has been presented already for that timeline. Teaser trailer:

"What is thy bidding, my Master?"
"Lord Vader, have I ever told you the story of how the Sith came to be only two?"
*Flashes of the battles and strife of the Sith War*

Disney's confirmed a post ROTJ trilogy and more films coming on a 2-3 year basis after that. Wouldn't surprise me to see a film based on the Old Republic in about 10 years.

I do hope they steer away from CGI films though. I never bothered seeing the Clone Wars because let's be honest, it was a cash in.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Old Republic era is a terrible and uninteresting era though.

(please log in to view the image)

I certainly agree with you about Lucas not having a hand in it.

Also in agreement with the statement about no CG mess. I watched some of the clone wars jazz because I wanted to see what happened to Maul, but it sucked compared to what it could have been.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If they can get CGI from those guys who did the TOR trailers, I'd orgasm all over that movie.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:42 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Blur Studios. They also did the CGI for the Drago Age: Origins trailer, and the Dawn of War 2 trailer. They're really good.

I think they have a hardon for trailers, though. I've never seen them do any feature length films.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm sure if Disney waved enough cash at them they'd reconsider that propensity.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moved as tradition is that new film news goes in the most 'current' film section, which makes this the first time I've moved a thread for that reason in about a decade.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Moved as tradition is that new film news goes in the most 'current' film section, which makes this the first time I've moved a thread for that reason in about a decade.

Took issue with the first part of your comment then read the rest.

Do you feel old? I thought I had it bad thinking back to 2005 KMC but man..

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I very much feel like I've gone from Ewan to Alec.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Barker
Took issue with the first part of your comment then read the rest.

Do you feel old? I thought I had it bad thinking back to 2005 KMC but man..

2001 KMC, FTW.

Ush, call Raz back again so we can (possibly) merge the OT and PT forums and open new ones for the ST (Sequel Trilogy? What should we call it?).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 10:13 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Renamed to make it the generic 'talk about the new situation' thread.

-

I'll see what I can do Raz-wise when this gets legs.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 10:14 PM
LanceWindu

Will they get Mark Hamill back? Most likely we won't see Leia or Han, but Luke is a very big possibility. He doesn't have a lot of acting work besides his voice-overs right now.

I don't see them not having a Skywalker in a Star Wars movie, but I also don't see Luke being the main character considering age. Will they dip a bit into the Expanded Universe and have Ben be the new protagonist? If it's set before Ben was born, will Jaina, Jacen or Anakin Solo make an appearance? Or will they go a completely different route and create new characters all together?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 10:23 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote