KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ymir vs Surtur

Ymir vs Surtur
Started by: Bouboumaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bouboumaster

Ymir vs Surtur

Who take it?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:19 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

surtur wins

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Re: Ymir vs Surtur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Who take it?

ice v fire,surtur ftw

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 07:18 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Honestly I think that they would cancel each other out, because neither is more powerful than the other. If one was greater than the other they would have settled the score long ago, but the fact that they existed for thousands of years means that neither could claim a solid victory. If Surtur fought Ymir he would more than like be mortally wounded, the same goes for Ymir.

Stalemate.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 08:04 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

On KMC I'd give Surtur a strong majority, but in the comics they always stalemate and team up.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 11:36 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

fire always melts ice. but seriously surtur has higher feats and has been shown to be a bigger menace than ymir ever could be. surtur wins this hands down imo.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:10 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by llagrok
On KMC I'd give Surtur a strong majority, but in the comics they always stalemate and team up.

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:03 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

BUMP.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I remember them attacking each other once in a Defenders issue, Surtur had his sword and Ymir had his club. They struck each other and the backlash knocked each of them back to their home dimension.

Why do people say Surtur wins as if he's that much more powerful than Ymir?

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 08:50 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by zopzop
BUMP.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I remember them attacking each other once in a Defenders issue, Surtur had his sword and Ymir had his club. They struck each other and the backlash knocked each of them back to their home dimension.

I think they'd fight to a dead draw; my honest opinion of course...

Surtur does have more appearances and better feats as a result though; on the strength of that, I do understand why peeps think Surtur would win however...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 08:55 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Stalemate or Ymir if they get Ts/CoAW respectfully

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 09:08 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Tie

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 10:41 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

They're both ancient elemental forces that have proven to be threats to Odin and all of Asgard multiple times. By all rights, they should draw, but Surtur does have the benefit of more appearances and feats and is generally the more persistent threat.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 01:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'm just wondering what people consider the better artifact the casket or twilight?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 01:52 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Casket of Ancient Winters is better in a straight up fight. Twilight Sword has greater potential (ie. mass reality warping or universal destruction) when used properly.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 02:01 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by zopzop
BUMP.

You mean this.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

It was in Avengers#61 BTW!

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 04:57 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote