KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs Judge Dredd

Captain America vs Judge Dredd
Started by: Etrigan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etrigan
?

Captain America vs Judge Dredd

Cap has his shield, and all resources open to him. Dredd has his gun and bike, and all resources as well.

Fight takes place in New York, at night, and each man has an hour prep, as they start on either side of the city.

Who wins? Remember, Dredd is probably just about as skilled in h2h as the Captain.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 04:40 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Bumpity bump.

Come on guys, good fight!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 05:14 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Re: Captain America vs Judge Dredd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Etrigan
Who wins? Remember, Dredd is probably just about as skilled in h2h as the Captain.

No he isn't. Dredd is good, Captain is better (and I love Dredd, but I know when he bites the dust).

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 05:42 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

That's true, but does Dredd have any H2H feats to boast? He is a skilled combatant, that is for sure.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 06:50 PM
streekz
King of Otherworld

cap would win this in hth but dredd with his gun and bike makes it a different story unless cap did somethin to stop dredd using his gun and bike he would lose..

i think cap would pull it off..

Respect Judge Dredd

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 07:58 PM
streekz is currently offline Click here to Send streekz a Private Message Find more posts by streekz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Cap could deflect Dredd's gunshots for the most part, and avoid rushes with the bike. He would probably be able to knock Dredd off the bike easily enough, and then the two would engage in a h2h/shootout style battle. Cap could take it, perhaps, but it depends on the circumstances of how well he got off to a start.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:03 PM
systemshock2

Good fight. Other than Batman, Captain America is the only other superhero that I would consider the best hand to hand combatant. Cap could easily block and avoid Dredd's gun assault's long enough to engage him in some h2h combat, and then Dredd is just history.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 07:09 AM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Cap will kick his arse.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 07:11 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

I can just see it now. Dredd is about to yell to Cap that he's under arrest when Cap simply uses his lighting reflexes to slam the edge of his shield on Dredd's throat. End of fight lol.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 07:34 AM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Cap owns Sylvester Staloone stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 02:47 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Cap dodges bullets like it's his job. And he can run at nearly 60 miles per hour, meaning he could probably sprint a bit faster, making the bike Dredd is on almost useless. Unless Dredd decides to go over sixty, at which point it would become fairly difficult to aim that gun(no matter what the action movies say, it's HARD to hit a moving target. It's even harder to hit one when YOU are moving as well.)

Combine this with the fact that Captain America has been able to hit missiles in the air? I think he would be able to decapitate Dredd with his shield, before he even gets his gun unholstered.

And if it came down to hand to hand, this goes to cap in an even larger curbstomp.

CA, 10/10.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 03:34 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
Cap dodges bullets like it's his job. And he can run at nearly 60 miles per hour, meaning he could probably sprint a bit faster, making the bike Dredd is on almost useless. Unless Dredd decides to go over sixty, at which point it would become fairly difficult to aim that gun(no matter what the action movies say, it's HARD to hit a moving target. It's even harder to hit one when YOU are moving as well.)

Combine this with the fact that Captain America has been able to hit missiles in the air? I think he would be able to decapitate Dredd with his shield, before he even gets his gun unholstered.

And if it came down to hand to hand, this goes to cap in an even larger curbstomp.

CA, 10/10.

Hit missiles , Soljer Cap friggen DISSECTED a damn truck with his shield.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 03:38 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by grey fox
Hit missiles , Soljer Cap friggen DISSECTED a damn truck with his shield.

But a missile flies MUCH faster than a truck, and at higher altitudes. I was trying to show Cap's meticulous aim and projection capabilities, not the strength of his throw.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 04:11 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
But a missile flies MUCH faster than a truck, and at higher altitudes. I was trying to show Cap's meticulous aim and projection capabilities, not the strength of his throw.

Ahhh , ok.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 04:28 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

With the bike I think this would be a solid Dredd win.

There's no reason for Dredd to be on the bike, he'd probably be better off using it as a diversion, or for covering fire, or order it to wheel around cap to facilitate some kind of flanking maneuver.

Cap ordinarily being able to dodge gunfire doesn't really mean anything concrete here either, Dredd is not a normal crook, he has pretty much superhuman skills with a gun (able to draw aim and fire his gun in a ludicrous 1/600th of a second according to one story), unless Cap is like Neo I think he would have difficulty here, Dredd could cover the whole area in well-aimed bullets in a second.

The Lawgiver is also a versatile weapon, If Cap uses his shield Dredd could switch to Ricochet and alternate between frontal and bounce shots.

If Dredd swaps to Hi-Ex and Cap blocks it shouldn't he be thrown backwards anyway? that would pretty much lead to him being dead too.

I'm not really even sure how it would end in straight hand to hand, Dredd is pretty damn resilient, he's taken multiple super-human level punches before, and was skilled enough to fight batman to a draw (though honestly I think Captain would take the majority here, his stamina is too good and he's most likely noticeably stronger than Dredd).

The biggest danger is the shield throw I think, that could well take out Dredd decisively, and quickly, though a miss, or serious but non-fatal injury on Dredd would probably result in Cap being dead (and heck, the bike providing cover could probably cut the feasibility of using this attack anyway).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 11:51 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Isn't Cap full on Superhuman now?

So .... SPite THREAD!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 11:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Etrigan
That's true, but does Dredd have any H2H feats to boast? He is a skilled combatant, that is for sure.

He beat the deadly assassin, Stan Lee, also known as the Deathfist for his martial arts skills.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 01:18 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't Cap full on Superhuman now?

So .... SPite THREAD!

He can take explosions and move at Superman speed now?

Maybe the Cap should be counted as being his earlier incarnation then, being that this is a pretty old thread.

Originally posted by Q99
He beat the deadly assassin, Stan Lee, also known as the Deathfist for his martial arts skills.

The Batman fight is also cannon (for Judge Dredd at least).

Judge Anderson had a premonition of a Bat saving MegaCity 1 in the normal 2000ad strip, a premonition that is subsequently mentioned in Vendetta in Gotham (the crossover with the main Batman/Judge Dredd fight), she was in space prior to that crossover and the writer was told that he had to end his story early so that she would be back in MegaCity 1 in time for that crossover to take place. Deputy Chief Judge Herriman also dies in the "Die Laughing" crossover, 2000ad readers had to buy that book to actually know what had happened to him.

Judge Hershey becomes Deputy in the Judge Dredd Megazine due to the Herriman murder in Die Laughing, so you could say that her rise to eventually becoming Chief Judge of MegaCity 1 was helped along by one of the Joker's inventions.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 01:54 AM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
He can take explosions and move at Superman speed now?

No, he's still just running the same super soldier serum, they just tend not to pretend that's still within human limits any more.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:00 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Q99
No, he's still just running the same super soldier serum, they just tend not to pretend that's still within human limits any more.

Dredd's not really in human limits either though is he?

No human could ever even remotely survive getting punched in the head this hard

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:11 AM