KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Plastic Man vs Superman

Plastic Man vs Superman
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Plastic Man vs Superman

No sundipping
No T-Vo
No BFR

Who takes it?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 03:37 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hrm.

Much as I love my boy Plastic Man, he's shown a weakness to cold temperatures as it makes him immobile and brittle. Freeze-breath ftw.

Supes' heat vision and strength wouldn't mean much, and PM could probably jump into Kal's nose and do a brain-attack, but Supes might also be able to just fly him into space and let him freeze, then shatter him unless PM anchored himself well.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 5th, 2007 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 03:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hrm.

Much as I love my boy Plastic Man, he's shown a weakness to cold temperatures as it makes him immobile and brittle. Freeze-breath ftw.

Supes' heat vision and strength wouldn't mean much, and PM could probably jump into Kal's nose and do a brain-attack, but Supes might also be able to just fly him into space and let him freeze, then shatter him unless PM anchored himself well.

supes wins

good evening wink

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 03:52 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Superman ftw.

And PM has shown a weakness to heat vision as well.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:07 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by batdude123
Superman ftw.

And PM has shown a weakness to heat vision as well.

Fair enough. I know J'onn's Martian Visions didn't do anything, so I was basing it off of that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:24 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fair enough. I know J'onn's Martian Visions didn't do anything, so I was basing it off of that.

Martian vision has been shown to melt him in the past.His abilities in the burning Arc were PIS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:28 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Martian vision has been shown to melt him in the past.His abilities in the burning Arc were PIS

...because he was fighting your boy? Or because you actually think it was PIS? Because your comments about J'onn leave it in some doubt.

Where did the martian vision affect him? I'm more than willing to concede the point, but I only believe what I've either seen firsthand or when it's reliably cited.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:35 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

In terror Incognita he was struck with heat vision from a white martian and he was melted down and lost the ability to reconstitute himself.I think he is vulnerable to heat as well because during the queen of fables arc when he was blocking some flames his back started melting and it was hurting him.Also in the JLA TPB Justice for all a white martian was threatening to melt him and everyone seemed to perceive it as a legitimate threat.

My main problem with the burning arc was his miraculous immunity to TP.I mean i can gice about 15 examples of Martians using telepathy on him.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:42 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think Batman said something about his transformation to a fully non-organic being was complete. Still, it might've just been BS.

I don't read a ton of JLA (more of a JSA fan myself) but thanks for the info.

Plastic Man still kicks ass, and deserves to be among the DC elite even if he's not quite at the level of people like Supes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:52 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Yeah he does kick all kinds of ass but never really got used to full potential.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 04:55 AM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Yea Plas has shown vunerability in the past but since those instances take place prior to Burning, plus Bruce mentioned something about him evolving or some crap, I don't think heat is too much of a problem.

Ice breath kicks his ass though

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 01:26 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.T. Hun

Obvious victor, but one HELL of a battle!!!

This would totally be a fight worth seeing big grin I'm a big fan of Plastic Man, but right off the bat, I know who the winner would be.

But check this out!!!

Just for fun, if this was a fight to the finish, no holding back, anything goes, though he won't win in the end Plas would definitely give the man of steel a hard time. I'll tell you why.

From what I know, because he is made out of the most versatile, durable-and unfortunately environmentally unsafe man-made industrial substance, he can withstand almost anything and literally bounce back for more!
He is immune to attacks and assaults like gunfire, some energy blasts, electricity, and punches and kicks even coming from the man of tomorrow. His limit to how far he can stretch his body is still unknown and he can turn into virtually anything or anyONE he wants. He can be any shape, size, even COLOR I heard at some points and he is also immune to telepathy because he himself is not an organic being so his brain and other organs are as artificial as his exterior (I find that kinda sad for some reason).
Even when he is torn to shreds or looses any body part, he can actually regenerate his body and replace lost tissue.
Best of all, he is cunning and smarter than he lets on. You definitely need smarts when SUPERMAN is involved in a fight lol
If a lot of you knew all if not most of this though, then I apologize stick out tongue

I think Plas would be a formidable opponent. He would lose eventually but like I said, it would sure be one HELL of a battle!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:34 AM
A.T. Hun is currently offline Click here to Send A.T. Hun a Private Message Find more posts by A.T. Hun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

Plas turns himself into Supes' red undies and clamps down on Clark's gonads for the win.

Supes wouldn't want to freeze breath or heat vision the family jewels.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 03:51 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Plas turns himself into Supes' red undies and clamps down on Clark's gonads for the win.

Supes wouldn't want to freeze breath or heat vision the family jewels.
you do know how superman cuts his hair right? I count him as a hygenic type of person to trim/clean shave. Reduces the bunching up under the tights.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 04:43 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Plastic Man just isnt in Supermans level.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 09:36 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

stick out tongue

Good thing Joe Kelly didn't know that ...

Attachment: plastic aristeia. plastic man versus fernus. jla v1 89. trial by fire. new york titans cover.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:40 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Oh shit, in his face!

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 11:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Plastic Mans inorganic mind was the reason he did well against Fernus, as mental powers was how Fernus dismantled and defeated the rest of the JLA. Mental resistance aside, Superman would demolish Plas in a physical fight.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:54 PM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Superman can't hurt him.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 11:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Superman can destroy moons with his power, so unless Plastic Man is Completely 100% Invulnerable to physical attacks (not to mention heat vision and cold breath) then Superman can definately hurt him.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 11:44 PM