KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin/Thor vs Galactus

Odin/Thor vs Galactus
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Odin/Thor vs Galactus

Odin gets the Odinsword, the Destroyer Armour, and the norn stones. Thor is also on Odin's team.

vs

Galactus who just ate one planet.

No BFR

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:32 AM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin summons Mjolnir and proceeds to beat the shit out of Galactus.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:39 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

I'm torn. I honestly believe that Galactus belongs at the top of his tier, but they keep writing him into jelly! It really sucks.

And, anybody who can be honest, must admit that Odin has been written waaay above his original position. He is fast becoming "The Boss", like it or not. Odin is the "World Breaker Hulk" of the Skyfathers / Elder Gods.

I take the 5th.

Last edited by Horrificus on Apr 5th, 2013 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:46 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm torn. I honestly believe that Galactus belongs at the top of his tier, but they keep writing him into jelly! It really sucks.

And, anybody who can be honest, must admit that Odin has been written waaay above his original position. He is fast becoming "The Boss", like it or not. Odin is the "World Breaker Hulk" of the Skyfathers / Elder Gods.

I take the 5th.

Not sure if serious.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:50 AM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Not sure if serious.
which part?

Mourning the fact that Galactus gets treated poorly, with some sad showings?

Pointing out that Odin has VERY high-level feats, with some of them being above his tier?

Or that I don't want to get caught in the middle of this one?

In my opinion, Galactus SHOULD be walking around, kicking a$$es and taking names, on a constant, consistent basis.

But, quite often, that is not what happens. confused

Last edited by Horrificus on Apr 5th, 2013 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:13 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

which part?

Mourning the fact that Galactus gets treated poorly, with some sad showings?

Pointing out that Odin has VERY high-level feats, with some of them being above his tier?

Or that I don't want to get caught in the middle of this one?

In my opinion, Galactus SHOULD be walking around, kicking a$$es and taking names, on a constant, consistent basis.

But, quite often, that is not what happens. confused

Galactus hanging with Celestials and beating Odin isn't bad treatment. He's actually been treated well recently. Don't be sad.

Odin is not as he was in the silver age, so...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:19 AM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Galactus hanging with Celestials and beating Odin isn't bad treatment. He's actually been treated well recently. Don't be sad.

Odin is not as he was in the silver age, so...
People think I am an Odin fan. I am actually more of a Galactus fan. Because of what he is, and the role he plays, there should be very few real threats to him.

As far as Odin goes, personally, I think he has feats and showings that place him above Skyfather level.

IMHO.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:26 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Just recently, Odin casually warped the destructive energies of Surtur, which would have destroyed the universe if left unchecked.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

In theory Skyfather level should be in "galaxy destruction" level.

Galactus with no energy destroyed a galaxy. Galactus after 1 planet should be above a Skyfather.

In the Thor Annual, Galactus and two others entities was about to destroy the entire 616 universe.

But to be honest...im not sure if Odin should have power at universal scale, or Galactus at mutiversal scale...(destroy the entire multiverse ?)

Last edited by eaebiakuya on Apr 5th, 2013 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:31 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

People think I am an Odin fan. I am actually more of a Galactus fan. Because of what he is, and the role he plays, there should be very few real threats to him.

As far as Odin goes, personally, I think he has feats and showings that place him above Skyfather level.

IMHO.

It's actually a good time to be a Galactus fan. He's outlasted just about every flavor of the month character who's supposed to be more powerful than him.

Beyonder - retconned
Odin - beat him
Celestials - portrayed as more powerful than one
Chaos King - forgotten

I reckon this trend will continue.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:33 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Galactus wins.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 10:19 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Galactus wins

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 12:37 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Big Purple Pimp Hand > Greybeard and his toys

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 12:54 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You guys seriously believe that Galactus would have beaten Odin in their fight if he was armed with Ragnarok, the Destroyer and Mjolnir?

Jesus. Well, whatever, agree to disagree I guess.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 01:48 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

It's a hard fight every time but I don't see any wins going Odin's way.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 01:55 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Ragnarok: Melted.
Destroyer: Slagged.
Mjolnir: Crushed.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:14 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You guys seriously believe that Galactus would have beaten Odin in their fight if he was armed with Ragnarok, the Destroyer and Mjolnir?

Jesus. Well, whatever, agree to disagree I guess.

The 2000ft Destroyer with the Odin Sword couldn't do anything to a Celestial and Thor was of ZERO help. This event was referenced as late as 2007-2008 during Secret/Sacred Invasion so it's still valid.

Galactus has recently been shown to be AT LEAST the equal of a Celestial when fed off one world.

So what chance does just Odin in the DA have with Thor as backup if Galactus is fed? None.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Basically this.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:33 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by zopzop
The 2000ft Destroyer with the Odin Sword couldn't do anything to a Celestial and Thor was of ZERO help. This event was referenced as late as 2007-2008 during Secret/Sacred Invasion so it's still valid.

Galactus has recently been shown to be AT LEAST the equal of a Celestial when fed off one world.

So what chance does just Odin in the DA have with Thor as backup if Galactus is fed? None.

Well, we recently saw Odin fight a fed Galactus, and while the World Eater ultimately was the last man standing, Odin was definitely on the same level of power.

The Celestial arc while pivotal, is not the only bit of evidence we have to compare these two. Not to mention at the time the Celestials were above any Cosmic, that was their high point.

Alright, sure. Odin gets stomped. That's clearly what would have happened if Galactus had continued to fight Odin when he entered the Destroyer. I'm not going to waste time on you if you aren't going to be reasonable unless it's a battle zone. Agree to disagree, carry on.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 5th, 2013 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:01 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not going to waste time on you if you aren't going to be reasonable unless it's a battle zone.

I'd be game. Any stips you have in mind?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:26 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by TheGodKiller

thumb up
Sword gets dislodged again too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:46 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote