KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Thing vs Atom Smasher

The Thing vs Atom Smasher
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

The Thing vs Atom Smasher

OK take it easy on me if some think this is spite. I don't know too much about Atom Smasher, outside of what I saw on Justice League Unlimited, so I was wondering which one of these guys would win?

They fight in a 20 foot tall subway tunnel.

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 01:10 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I love Ben but god almighty he gets his rocky backside beat all around that 20ft tall subway tunnel.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 01:13 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm pretty sure even at his largest, Atom Smasher wasn't shown to be as strong as Ben. And I think his heart starts to give out as he gets bigger.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 01:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm pretty sure even at his largest, Atom Smasher wasn't shown to be as strong as Ben. And I think his heart starts to give out as he gets bigger.

He can grow upto 60ft without problems and he is stuck in a 20ft battleground so I don't think he will have any complications.
Also At 60ft he was strong enough to knock out Power Girl with a single stomp, and easily decimated most of the JSA during "Black Reign" (so shown stronger than Ben) also has taken shots at BlackAdam. Can't remember if he did much damage but I remember seeing it big grin

GAMMA GIDEON

Last edited by SevenShackles on Apr 4th, 2013 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 02:02 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I remember the fight against Black Adam. He got wrecked, and Adam felt guilty because they were really good friends.

And him ko'ing Power Girl sounds like PIS. As she's pretty much Superman level, and holds her own and even wins against people in his league. And Smasher isn't in that league.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 02:25 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I remember the fight against Black Adam. He got wrecked, and Adam felt guilty because they were really good friends.

And him ko'ing Power Girl sounds like PIS. As she's pretty much Superman level, and holds her own and even wins against people in his league. And Smasher isn't in that league.

I'll take your account of the fight over mine which honestly is iffy at best. I just know he hit him and it looked like he felt it. Not much to go on I know but I figured I'd bring it up.

I'll see if I can find scans of the fight in question with power girl and JSA but still atom smasher/Nuklon has been shown to be rather capable and even if it's not a stomp he should still win.

Oh he is also openly Jewish, that's as good as another superpower smokin'

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 02:32 AM
Senor Cage

Id say atom smasher.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 02:33 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by SevenShackles
He can grow upto 60ft without problems and he is stuck in a 20ft battleground so I don't think he will have any complications.
Also At 60ft he was strong enough to knock out Power Girl with a single stomp, and easily decimated most of the JSA during "Black Reign" (so shown stronger than Ben) also has taken shots at BlackAdam. Can't remember if he did much damage but I remember seeing it big grin

His strength at base size is about 70 tonnes as I recall. This does increase a little as he get's larger. Even so he isn't IMO stronger than Ben.

He can however strike with blows more powerful than his actual strength because of his other power. Al can alter his molecular density to become intangible or more durable. he can also alter his mass. Thta's how he's able to lay blows on the likes of BA and PG and "rock them". I imagine he reduces his mass while swinging the punch to get more speed and then increases it as it's about to hit to increase the impact/impulse. Sort of like a watered down weaker version of Infinite mass punch ( since it's not infinite). He has punched BA through a skylight in BA's early days as a JSA member. Plus as mentioned his showings in Black reign and 52. he hasn't shown the altering his density bit since his JLA days ( presumably either due to his almost cameo appearances since or just lack of knowledge of writers as nothing has removed it). In his Last JSA run however when BA comes to him to help him with Kandaq BA clearly stated he sensed Al altering his mass ready to strike.

I'd say he can definitely lay some blows on Ben that would do some damage but I doubt he could use it constantly in battle when countering an opponent. It would require hit getting the first blow and keeping Ben on the back foot so to speak. Ben's too experienced a fighter to not be able to react quicker than the type of thing Al can do to put him down if he has time.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 02:46 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

At 20 feet tall, he can grab Ben by the leg and pretty much smash him around until Ben blacks out. Like a big ol' orange flyswatter.

Don't see Ben doing anything about that.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 03:07 AM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Ben has beaten up monsters three times that tall before.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 03:19 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Most if not all those monsters are just that, monster. Atom Smasher is a competent hand to hand fighter and experienced in fighting in his increased size so should give a better fight than any of those monsters. (if not strength wise then in combat skills)

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 03:41 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Atom Smasher. At his best he was wrestling DOV spectre. He is easily stronger than ben at average height.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 06:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Atom Smasher.

Even barring Spectre wrestling, the dude was able to lay a hurting on Black Adam.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 06:38 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

yes

Ben wins

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:01 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Ben gets punted like a football.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Ben will hear some words he is really familiar with.

It will sound something like:

Atom Smash!

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:30 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Ben will hear some words he is really familiar with.

It will sound something like:

Atom Smash!

Then Ben will laugh and say that his Aunt Petunia hits harder than that he'll shrug and he'll then pull a Reed and split an Atom.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:24 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

How long was atom wrestling the spectre?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:49 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by Golgo13
How long was atom wrestling the spectre?

Atom Smasher grows to the height of the hostless Spectre and fights before giving himself to Spectre as a trade that Spectre would leave the land. Spectre then pushes his hand through Atom Smasher and grabs his heart killing him.

Struggling to find scans of atom smasher sadly.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 7th, 2013 04:58 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Then Ben will laugh and say that his Aunt Petunia hits harder than that he'll shrug and he'll then pull a Reed and split an Atom.

Aunt Petunia's feats to validate your statement?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2013 07:01 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote