KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dishonored

Dishonored
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Dishonored

A 2012 game from Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Along with at least one guy from the Half-Life 2 peoples.

I know anyone who gets Game Informer has seen this game and I can't wait for it.

You play as the ex-royal bodyguard to the queen of a dystopian future society. The queen has been assassinated and you've been made to look like the killer. You've become Dishonored.

You've joined an underground rebellion, and your actions will shape how the world changes around you. Gameplay is broken down into sandbox exploration, stealth, melee combat, and magic.

Everything you do has multiple ways of being completed, and each different way could potentially affect the current situation and several ones after that. For example, you come across a woman being attacked in an ally by some thugs. If you walk by, it might turn out that she was an informant for the resistance and with her death you lost a valuable source of information. If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.

It's shaping up to be a great game from what I've seen, and I honestly can't wait for it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 05:10 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:28 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Looking forward to this one.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 01:29 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'll wait and see on this one.

Looks interesting but what have these guys done before?

They tried to make a cross multiplayer-singleplayer game called the The Crossing but it never saw the light of day.

But I will say that I like the look of the game but that's because it's done by the same guy who was responsible for City 17 in Half Life 2

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 03:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 05:41 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Gorgeous

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 03:39 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Claire63

If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:39 AM
Claire63 is currently offline Click here to Send Claire63 a Private Message Find more posts by Claire63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

I think it's going to be pretty good.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:40 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Claire63
If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.(please log in to view the image)

Why did you copy/paste something from my OP?

And why did you do the same thing in that Spider-Man thread under a different name? Jeffw1999.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 07:51 AM
ares834

Looks like the love child of Skyrim, Bioshock, and Assassin's Creed.

Awesome! Really looking forward to this one.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 07:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 04:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by ares834

Awesome! Really looking forward to this one.

Ditto, I liked Dark Messiah, so I have a feeling I'll like this one as well smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 04:31 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The E3 footage put some really twisted ideas in my mind. Like possessing someone, "blinking" to the roof, then jumping off and leaving their body. Then watch them smack up against the ground.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 08:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Distinguishing itself will be hard. Lots of really good competition for the demographic that this game will appeal to.

The visuals were nice, certainly. Respectable trailer overall. I'd wait for reviews though. Not everything can be the next Bioshock.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 03:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I don't really see the bioshock in this. More like it has more in common with Thief but with a assasin instead.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:03 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This guy was fighting and casting spells and stuff. and taking on groups of enemies at the same time (with tripod mechs among them). Thief is literally about avoiding combat, much more so than most games with stealth elements. I don't see much Thief in that trailer. Acrobatics and surprise don't make it a stealth game, it just makes it a shooter with some unique approaches to combat. Like a steampunk Half-Life or something.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 06:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 11:11 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, the guy who created City 17 has a part in this game so the Half Life aspect is pretty good comparison.

As well, Valve and Arkane Studio had a deal to do a Half Life spinoff.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 12:42 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Jul 11th, 2012 05:05 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

looks pretty cool

Originally posted by Digi
This guy was fighting and casting spells and stuff. and taking on groups of enemies at the same time (with tripod mechs among them). Thief is literally about avoiding combat, much more so than most games with stealth elements. I don't see much Thief in that trailer. Acrobatics and surprise don't make it a stealth game, it just makes it a shooter with some unique approaches to combat. Like a steampunk Half-Life or something.

but the thing is you are suppose to be able to develop your own way to play. You could for all intents and purposes play it in almost entirely stealth....I say almost entirely as I am sure there as some parts that you have no choice but to fight.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 04:02 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote