KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

"Welcome Lord Vader" Scene
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jmoul

"Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

In RotS, when Vader enters the Separatist's lair on Mustafar, Viceroy Gunray says "Welcome Lord Vader. We've been expecting you." My problem with this is that Sidious never told the Separatist leader that Anakin was Lord Vader in the movie, and nearly every Separatist leader knew what Skywalker looked like. So wouldn't they all have been at least slightly surprised to see who Vader was, or could they just not see him well enough to recognize him as Anakin?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2014 08:33 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's almost like that movie... didn't make any sense.

Or it was because he had a hood up. Really obscures your identity, as Sidious can well attest to. And that's only because the movie doesn't make any sense.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Even if the separatists did recognize Vader was Anakin. So, what?
Why would separatists care if anakin turned sith....

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 04:02 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

I'm just saying that they would be at least slightly suspicious if one of their most troublesome enemies suddenly showed up as an "ally," or they would've been at least shown some excitement that they just got such a powerful "ally," who would've turned the tide of the war in their favor until he started hacking them to pieces.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 05:50 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jmoul
I'm just saying that they would be at least slightly suspicious if one of their most troublesome enemies suddenly showed up as an "ally," or they would've been at least shown some excitement that they just got such a powerful "ally," who would've turned the tide of the war in their favor until he started hacking them to pieces.
That would be the "logical" thing to have happen...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Separtists trusted Sidious....

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 02:51 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

^Clearly a rather stupid decision on their part, and had they known anything about the sith, they would never have trusted Sidious.
Back to the topic, they trusted Sidious, but not Anakin, in fact, they probably hated Anakin. They were, in my opinion too cordial toward Anakin, even if Sidious had told them who Lord Vader was.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 03:55 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

If they trusted sidious, then they trusted his apprentice by default. Also, Remember sidious told grievous "soon I'll have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful". Clearly, grievous was aware that sidious was a manipulating sith that could turn a Jedi to evil. Nute gunray was the head of the separatists so he probably was aware of this like grevious was.

Similar to dooku

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 05:18 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 05:10 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why DID Gunray trust Sidious anyway? The Naboo thing was a big fiasco…

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 02:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: "Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

In RotS, when Vader enters the Separatist's lair on Mustafar, Viceroy Gunray says "Welcome Lord Vader. We've been expecting you." My problem with this is that Sidious never told the Separatist leader that Anakin was Lord Vader in the movie, and nearly every Separatist leader knew what Skywalker looked like. So wouldn't they all have been at least slightly surprised to see who Vader was, or could they just not see him well enough to recognize him as Anakin?

What if...and this might blow your mind....

What if...Darth Sidious...said, in a broadcast, he was sending his new apprentice very similar to the scene in Phantom Menace with Maul...but it doesn't appear on screen because it is redundant and wastes screen time?

As a director, redoing those scenes and putting them on screen is like beating over the head and adult how to say their ABCs: it would be amateurish, at best, and a waste of screen time, at worst.

If you start making issues of these, then you can turn any movie into a derp fest. For instance, what happened to every single X-wing in every fight, ever? How did all of them change positions in relation to the other X-wings, from scene to scene? We never saw that on screen. I mean, we can assume they maneuvered off screen but we just don't know.

Originally posted by queeq
Why DID Gunray trust Sidious anyway? The Naboo thing was a big fiasco…

He didn't. They both expressed distrust and fright after Sidious said he was sending his apprentice, Darth Maul.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 06:34 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Re: Re: "Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

Originally posted by dadudemon

If you start making issues of these, then you can turn any movie into a derp fest. For instance, what happened to every single X-wing in every fight, ever? How did all of them change positions in relation to the other X-wings, from scene to scene? We never saw that on screen. I mean, we can assume they maneuvered off screen but we just don't know.

That's right. Shouldn't analyze these things from a irrelevant question

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 09:28 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Re: Re: "Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

Originally posted by dadudemon
What if...and this might blow your mind....

What if...Darth Sidious...said, in a broadcast, he was sending his new apprentice very similar to the scene in Phantom Menace with Maul...but it doesn't appear on screen because it is redundant and wastes screen time?

As a director, redoing those scenes and putting them on screen is like beating over the head and adult how to say their ABCs: it would be amateurish, at best, and a waste of screen time, at worst.

Thank you for this.

I was also going to make a point about having Luke & Leia born even though we never saw Padme & Anakin....you know.....

But this about covers it all. Nice to have that occasionally. wink

We all forget the bottom line sometimes......"it's just a movie." Star Wars is supposed to be about letting go and having fun. It's too bad when people over-think something to the point where they can't enjoy it.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2014 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

It isn't that I overthink things in Star Wars, that scene just bothered me.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2014 08:20 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That one scene? Of all the scenes in that film the deserve to be questioned, you pick the one that has a reasonable explanation.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 03:34 AM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 03:37 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

It isn't the only scene that bothered me, it was the only one that I thought people would be able to answer, but whatever.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 08:08 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It isn't the only scene that bothered me, it was the only one that I thought people would be able to answer, but whatever.
lawl

Take a gander at the rest of the film. If nothing else bothers you... well, congrats, I guess.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2014 08:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Re: Re: Re: "Welcome Lord Vader" Scene

Originally posted by Sith Master X
We all forget the bottom line sometimes......"it's just a movie." Star Wars is supposed to be about letting go and having fun. It's too bad when people over-think something to the point where they can't enjoy it.

When it comes down to the PT it kinda forces you to think with all these WTF-moment. wink

Old Post Mar 1st, 2014 07:51 AM
MicCheck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahahaha dafuq?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 01:40 AM
Click here to Send MicCheck a Private Message Find more posts by MicCheck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud Yup…

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 06:21 AM