KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Reasons Behind The Kidnapping Of The Chancellor

Reasons Behind The Kidnapping Of The Chancellor
Started by: Stunrun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Reasons Behind The Kidnapping Of The Chancellor

I thought this was a very interesting point as to why Dooku and Palps staged the whole kidnapping, when they knew perfectly well the Republic would win the Clone Wars. Was this a last ditch attempt?

plus i was wandering whether Dooku knew that Palpatine wanted replace him with Anakin. Did Dooku purposely loose? maybe Palps wanted to use Dooku as a pawn, to bring Anakin to the darkside?

your thoughtswink

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

they WANT the republic to win confused after all, the Republic turns into the Empire.

maybe it was an elaborate way to get the jedi to finish of Grievous? confused got me

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

I'm not sure that Palps and Dooku are on the same side at this point. I don't think Dooku has made the connection yet that Palps is Sidious. I do however believe that Sidious commands Dooku to kidnap Palpy. This is to set up the duel between Anakin and Dooku so that Anakin can kill off Dooku leaving the position of apprentice open for himself however unaware he may be.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:05 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESP07
Sweet Ax

Figure, Palpatine needed to find a way to get rid of Dooku, so Anakin could be set up to take his place, destroying much of the separatists in the process. Entice one of the Jedi to try to assasanate him (Mace), all the while luring Anakin closer to the dark side. Once Mace is dead, proclaim that the Jedi are traitors and need to be dealt with, but due to the huge security risks the republic needs to become an Empire with only one person in charge.....him.

OR He tells told Dooku that with this scheme, they could make like Palpatine was killed, throwing the republic in disarray, which in turn would give the separatists a huge advantage and probably victory over the Jedi and the republic. Out marches Sidious(who no one but Dooku knows is really Palpatine) who proclaimes himself emperor.

Either way, Palps wins this one.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:13 PM
Click here to Send ESP07 a Private Message Find more posts by ESP07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

quote:
Originally posted by jedijunky1138
I'm not sure that Palps and Dooku are on the same side at this point. I don't think Dooku has made the connection yet that Palps is Sidious. I do however believe that Sidious commands Dooku to kidnap Palpy. This is to set up the duel between Anakin and Dooku so that Anakin can kill off Dooku leaving the position of apprentice open for himself however unaware he may be.

But Dooku says "What if I were to tell you that the Senate was now in control of the dark lord of the Sith?" or something along those lines, in Episode II. So Dooku knows very well who Sidious is, and who Palpatine is.

As for the reason behind the kidnapping, I think this is how it stands:

Dooku and Sidious talked and Dooku thinks that with the ease of capturing Palpatine (since obviously he won't put up a fight if he's part of the plan), that'll create a crushing blow to the Republic, and will create disarray within their ranks and whatnot.

Palpatine on the other hand, knows that this will be foiled, and uses this as his chance to finish the war in certain senses, and test Anakin vs Dooku.

Grievous, has nothing to do with this. He's completely out of the inner plans.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:14 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

quote:
Originally posted by NoFate007
But Dooku says "What if I were to tell you that the Senate was now in control of the dark lord of the Sith?" or something along those lines, in Episode II. So Dooku knows very well who Sidious is, and who Palpatine is.

As for the reason behind the kidnapping, I think this is how it stands:

Dooku and Sidious talked and Dooku thinks that with the ease of capturing Palpatine (since obviously he won't put up a fight if he's part of the plan), that'll create a crushing blow to the Republic, and will create disarray within their ranks and whatnot.

Palpatine on the other hand, knows that this will be foiled, and uses this as his chance to finish the war in certain senses, and test Anakin vs Dooku.

He says that the senate is in control of the DLotS but he thinks that Sidious is Controlling Palps. IMHO of course.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:24 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mandalorian_war
i used 2 b Grievous_90210

maybe palps will talking to anakin to strike down dooku and all that jazz like he does to luke in rotj you know edging him on more

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:35 PM
Click here to Send mandalorian_war a Private Message Find more posts by mandalorian_war Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

quote:
Originally posted by NoFate007

I think Grievous is part of this. Palpatine knows both Anakin And Obi Wan are going to come, but it would be very tricky to get Obi Wan away from Dooku to see if Anakin could defeat Dooku. So I think They gave Grievous a part to come in to get Obi Wan away from Dooku and let Anakin alone defeat him.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:46 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm sure Grievous has something to do with this. After all, Palpy is being held hostage on Grievous' ship in the first place.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

LOL at thinking Dooku dosnt know Sidious is Palpatine

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goberlick

Hasn't it something too do with the fact that Yoda finds later in the movie finds out that if you kill the sith master the apprentice will die. Like the master gets somesort of life force from his apprentice. If Dooku kills pappy then he will die... Does he know this....

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:18 AM
Click here to Send goberlick a Private Message Find more posts by goberlick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

quote:
Originally posted by goberlick
Hasn't it something too do with the fact that Yoda finds later in the movie finds out that if you kill the sith master the apprentice will die. Like the master gets somesort of life force from his apprentice. If Dooku kills pappy then he will die... Does he know this....

What! Is this some EU kind of thing?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:29 AM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I really hope he doesn't put that in the script, cause thats a horrible idea, and it'll make people think that whenever the master dies, the apprentice dies too and thats why Vader died in ROTJ...that's a horrible, horrible excuse.

What I meant by Grievous not having anything to do with it, isn't that he isn't involved at all, because that being his ship and him being the general of the droid army obviously means he is involved, but I mean Palpatine has no specific plan to backstab him or anything during this mission, its purely Dooku and Anakin.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 01:11 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

It makes sense to me that Palpy planned his kidnapping, in order to lure Anakin to come and rescue him. As they are close friends, Palpy knew that Ani would be entrusted with the rescue attempt. From Dooku's perspective, this kidnapping plot allows Anakin to come and for Dooku to battle and finally kill him. (ala Clone Wars cartoon where Dooku hires Ventress to chase and kill Ani, under the orders of Sidious [Palpy] And Yes I know this isnt canon info) Dooku is jealous of the stature of Ani, because of his "hero" status he adopted during the war and wants him dead. Dooku doesnt know that Palpy has planned to get rid of him, by using Ani. Dooku believes that Sidious wants him to kill Ani. Dooku's part in Palpy's plan is over and now he must be gotten rid of. In order for the threat of the separatists to be over, the leader must die. Palpy figures that if Dooku lives and figures out he is being deceived, that he will spill the beans on his master plan for galactic conquest. The Jedi would interrogate Dooku and eventually find out everything they will eventually find out about Palpy being a Sith Lord.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 01:46 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

why not keep dooku alive a bit longer and smash coruscant first. THEN let anakin kill dooku. bah. im confused. *falls asleep waiting for new ep3 info*

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:24 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theshakl

what i want to know is that if in the cartoons they are gonna make it look like a kidnapping... or if Palps is voluntarily going to get kidnapped since it is after all part of his plan...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:30 AM
Click here to Send theshakl a Private Message Find more posts by theshakl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

quote:
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder
I think Grievous is part of this. Palpatine knows both Anakin And Obi Wan are going to come, but it would be very tricky to get Obi Wan away from Dooku to see if Anakin could defeat Dooku. So I think They gave Grievous a part to come in to get Obi Wan away from Dooku and let Anakin alone defeat him.
Grievous does not lure Obi-Wan away from the duel. Dooku injures Obi-Wan, he is knocked out during the battle. Anakin kills Dooku while Obi-Wan sleeps. He will be in the same chamber with the others.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:33 AM
Hazardous

so wheres grievous? hopefully something will be mentioned in the 5 part comic lead in (which I have just purchasd part 1 - OBSESSION) . come on baby....

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:41 AM
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

I think he flees the ship.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:54 AM
Hazardous

wimp. i hope obi wan kicks his a$$ so hard for that. just like anakin kicks dookus a$$ for the geonosian fight.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 03:17 AM