KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Wedge Antilles?

Wedge Antilles?
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Wedge Antilles?

http://www.digitalspy.ca/movies/new...~oEicAbHOnuTkXA

Is he too proud or something? Too bad he wont show up, even though people liked him for his few small scenes in the OT....

Old Post May 15th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Too proud? Why? He had a minute part in the OT, he grew to be a bit of a cult character. But if he just has a few lines again, why would he turn up?

My fear of SW7 turning into an homagefest like Super8 and ST:ID is not diminishing with such casting requests…

Old Post May 15th, 2014 07:18 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Reading that article though, it does irk me the "I'm too good for this" attitude some of these actors take.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has every right to turn it down. You just think he would be more humble about it instead "oh, this is going to bore me."

He was a part of something that turned out to be bigger than anyone ever expected. If that were me, I'd have been thankful to be a part of it honestly.

I'm actually quite surprised Harrison Ford is involved at all after he spent years trashing Han Solo's character. Guess people will do anything if the price is right.
Or maybe he turned over a new leaf about SW.

Rant of the day....check. wink

I like George.

Old Post May 15th, 2014 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good rant though!

Old Post May 15th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah. It was kinda weird that they even considered to put him in for sw7 for a small cameo type role. Jj May trying to hard to bring back the OT atmosphere, when he probably shouldn't to an extent. To make sw7 a success, in my opinion, is to have some great aspects from the originals, but also needs to wow us for something never been done that is special.....

Old Post May 16th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree, he needs to make SW move forward and not just linger on nostalgia. That is where Super 8 and ST:ID failed miserably.

Old Post May 18th, 2014 01:10 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah, Might be too much to ask....no pressure....
We expected alot from the PT....if you recall

Heres a clip from Lucas after he retired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xWQPq0fuk

I've found that Lucas always has something strong (relevant) to say. He's got some good points, but I cant help to think that this relates to his accomplishments of star wars, and perhaps what it is now...

Last edited by JediRobin23 on May 19th, 2014 at 02:29 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2014 02:26 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes, he did. Especially if you read The Making of Star Wars and The Making of Empire Strikes Back, what you get to see of Lucas is a visionary. A visionary who didn't know exactly HOW to do things, so he let other figure things out, invent things etc. I do believe a lot of people helped Lucas make SW - from actors ("You can write this sh!t, george, but you can't say it") to the tech people. But Lucas' vision was the driving force.

During ROTJ you can see that chemistry dilute… Lucas starts pushing his own ideas (justified, he paid for everything) which weren't always grab (Ewoks). And that way of work reached it peak with the PT. The vision as well as the WAY tot do it, became Lucas' solo activity. And we can see the result: Lucas' vision is great, but he is no Stanley Kubrick or even Steven Spielberg. I don't think Lucas is great at translating his visions to a good film on his own…

So yeah, there's pressure for Abrams. But no one forced him to do it. I hope he gives us a MOVIE… not a toy commercial.

Old Post May 19th, 2014 06:28 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

They released a letter Abrams wrote to all the actors on Episode 7 today.

Based on reading that, it seems like his heart is really into delivering a great film.

I have a good feeling about it, but I'm still keeping my expectations in check.

At the end of the day, I will be perfectly happy with a movie that entertains. Doesn't need to change my life.

Time will tell. wink

I like George.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Same here, dude… same here.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 08:00 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I hear you guys.

This is kinda cool with the muppet.

http://youtu.be/XfNiC9iKM0Q

He does seem to be hinting less cgi..

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:00 AM
queeq
Chaos

So does the alien passing by… hehehe

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 06:47 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The alien muppet looks sleepy. Can barely keep his eyes open

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 06:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's warm out there.

So we get yet another set of Tatooine scenes you think? I wonder why...

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 08:21 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah really, must be something new. Luke's home got destroyed, Jabbas dead. Although, Luke's grandma shmis grave is probably still there. Not sure if uncle Owen or ante Beru got a grave.....

Maybe Luke took up pod racing if they still do it....but that would be kinda lame for an old man

Or hang out at cantina.....

Or Luke goes back to pick up a t16 and bullseyes some Wamprats using the force to be super accurate

Last edited by JediRobin23 on May 22nd, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 10:37 PM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehehe…

I have seen too much of Tatooine to be honest. The planet that is farthest from the bright centre of universe is central station of SW. In ROTJ - fine, Luke got forced to go back there. But in the PT no one seems to stay away from Sand Planet… It kinda ruins the back water image of Tatooine.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 07:54 PM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

They need to make a movie about wedge Antilles and use all of the OT technology from the 70's no cgi

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 25th, 2014 02:26 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe… I think filming models with camera's and compositing them with optical printers is probably way too expensive these days.

Old Post May 25th, 2014 07:05 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

well, I'm not going to pay money to watch a Wedge Antilles movie....That is ridiculous...
It might have been cool to have him in the new movies...but, every other character related to star wars no where near denied being a part of SW7...
Wedge can kiss my a$s for being that way.......

Old Post May 25th, 2014 11:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

Wedge is hardly a crucial character. He always was a cameo.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:33 AM