KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dissidia -Final Fantasy-

Dissidia -Final Fantasy-
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Warning Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Seriously? No thread on this game yet? Well here is the Game Informer article about it:

Who would win in a fight: Zidane or Sephiroth? Okay, that was an easy one, but soon Dissidia: Final Fantasy will allow you to set up more challenging bouts between your favorite Final Fantasy heroes and villains. As a way to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the franchise, Dissidia is a battle royale including some of the most popular characters in the series' history.

If the idea of Final Fantasy mixed with fighting games immediately triggers nightmares related to Ehrgeiz, you can rest easy. The gameplay footage indicates that Dissidia is focused on fast, fun battles instead of Ehrgeiz's slow, stupid ones. Characters like Kuja, Garland, and the Warrior of Light will unleash flurries of attacks (complete with gorgeous particle effects) from anywhere in the environement. The ability to scale walls and clash in mid-air looks like it will infuse the combat with the over-the-top sensibilities of Advent Children.

In order to know the complete story, you will have to play through Dissidia with each of the available characters and explore their unique ability advancement. For instance, Kuja can enter his Trance state, and we wouldn't be surprised if a limit break or two made an appearence. Square Enix will probably be unveiling more combatants in the coming months, and we'll be sure to let you know if you favorite makes the cut...unless your favorite is Edward. Sorry to break it to you, but spoony bards are not excellent fighters.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:52 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh..kay.. FInal Fantasy brothers: Brawl?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:57 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Oh..kay.. FInal Fantasy brothers: Brawl?

Super Smash Bros doesn't overpower their characters to the point of godlike abilities like this game will.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:59 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah.

So it's like.. an inferior Final Fantasy Brothers: brawl?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:02 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't really know what to think about this.

I don't see this being as huge a deal as they're making it out to be.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka......

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:28 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

And I thought Mario was getting whored out too much. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:36 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mario cannot really be whored out too much as he was specifically designed as someone who could be fitted into any type of game.

Very much unlike FF characters,

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's natural for companies to whore out they're flagship characters/franchises, though. Nintendo does it, Xbox is beginning to whore out Halo, Sony's biggest things really are Final Fantasy.. so it's only natural.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 10:01 PM
Kumar

anyone know what platforms this is coming out for????

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:03 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sadly...the PSP

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 07:19 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yes I have a PSP, and it's about damn time there was a FF brawl game.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 07:21 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sadly...the PSP

Are you fecking kidding me?

Good job Sony and Enix, you retards. Another waste of a game.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 12:28 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Are you fecking kidding me?

If only I was kidding...if only. Oh well. Easy come, easy go. Screw the PSP. I'll just wait for Final Fantasy IV DS!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 01:28 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

New trailer for the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5qBddbYbzA

quote:
Takahashi: We've currently revealed about 20% of Dissidia as a whole. Aside from the battle system, there are a lot of elements that haven't been shown. I think fans who have played the Final Fantasy series will be comfortable with them.

Takahashi: The original games are RPGs, so conceptually we're aiming for "Action-RPG plus competitive fighting," with the balance being half action and half RPG.

Takahashi: Regarding the battle portion, we're pretty much finished making the main characters themselves. Now we've got to spend a lot of time fine-tuning the combat balance.

Why Jecht over Seymour?

Nomura: Jecht may not have been the final boss (with Seymour being the mid-boss), but going with Sin would obviously not work. (laughs) I thought if we chose Seymour it would be hard to show a proper connection between him and Tidus, and we'd end up having to put Yuna in too. We decided the best choice with a solid relation to Tidus would be Jecht.

Arakawa: The scenes with Tidus and Jecht should be quite an interesting expansion. In the main FF10 story the two only got a chance to talk together in the final scene. This time we're telling the parts of that story that couldn't be seen before.

Are you saying we'll be able to see events that weren't shown in the main stories?

Arakawa: There will be quite a few. But what we're doing is fine tuning the original story details behind the characters' births, relationships, interactions. Tidus has a connection with the heroes, while Jecht is tangled with the characters on the Chaos side.

But there wasn't exactly much dialogue between the Light Warriors and Garland...?

Arakawa: To an extent there are understandable characterisitcs in FF1 and FF3. We really think it's important to give players a taste of our works, but basically if the story takes place in Dissidia we don't see [various series'] characters participating as strange at all. Smile and don't think too much about knowing the original stories.

When you say RPG, do you mean controlling characters as they wander around areas?

Arakawa: The main focus is more on character building, with customization as a key point. This game is to show our appreciation to players who've enjoyed previous Final Fantasy titles, so with their interest in mind even gamers who aren't into action gaming can enjoy [Dissidia].

This isn't like Kingdom Hearts, where you walk around locations and find yourself in combat. This also isn't that same mechanic of action-based fighting in continuous encounters. It's more like "Should I take this guy on next? Nah, maybe I'd better go with this one instead..."

Arakawa: Like a level 80 Squall fighting a level 20 Light Warrior, even if there's a difference in levels it's possible to pull an upset on the opponent.
Nomura: Choice" is very important.

Arakawa: We're also thinking about a community around Dissidia. Going forward we're looking more and more to incorporate a lot of original ideas into a Dissidia-suited communication system. Things like battle strength/ranking will be included, but basically we want to include a system where countless users can participate in one imagined "Battling Community", a world not about wins and losses but simply being connected to others trying to discover their own merits. Players who got together and can be excited about Final Fantasy.

Takahashi: Where you can learn to pull off really difficult challenges, and feel like "Getting to level 100 is where things just get started! (laughs)

Arakawa: Stories have their ends, but that's not necessarily true when you've played a game. After finishing one you can think "It's not over yet!", there's still this part of the game to do, still that to do...

Arakawa: Mr. Nomura has been at all the voice recordings, and the script is double the length of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

Nomura: We have a release time in mind, so now we've just got to work hard on the development. I'm positive it's not far off, so please keep an eye out in anticipation. We plan on giving a solid release date at an event in August.

Source: Apocalypse, translated by Mistwalker.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modu...r=0&thold=0

To all the haters, don't really care what you say, if you don't want to enjoy the titles that are on the PSP, good for you. I own a PSP and am glad to see the flow of good titles continuing with this and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. This looks like it could be really fun and I'm all for ridiculous crossovers.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 04:03 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by JKozzy
New trailer for the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5qBddbYbzA

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modu...r=0&thold=0

To all the haters, don't really care what you say, if you don't want to enjoy the titles that are on the PSP, good for you. I own a PSP and am glad to see the flow of good titles continuing with this and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. This looks like it could be really fun and I'm all for ridiculous crossovers.

glad to see you back Jkozzy!!!

I agree, the PSP it's in dire need of exclusives titles, this one sounds like a great game (hopefully it won't be a Ehrgeiz)... and I love FF, and now I own a PSP... so it's all good for me happy

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 05:18 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I'm glad to see Garland and the Warrior of Light looks awesome, but they have yet to announce any FFV(favorite)-VI(best) characters.

In FFV, they could use either ExDeath(ironically hilarious) or Gilgamesh(Clash on the Big Bridge please) because they're both awesome. The Hero would most likely be Bartz, but I wouldn't mind Galuf or Faris either, as long as the heroes have their now signature Finisher!. I would like to see Terra get in as far as FFVI is concerned.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 07:09 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so ... this will be 'lolmashXbutton' like kingdom hearts? I if they put too much rpg elements there wont be any skill involved

is this even a player vs player fighter? or is it just 1 player.. I play the game til I achieve god-mode?

cuz I've wanted a fighter since Ergheiz / bushido blade.. but it seems like square doesnt care much to dabble in that area anytime soon

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 09:24 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

This game is going to be packed with FF7 characters and like 1 or 2 (good and bad) characters from other titles.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 12:31 AM
Csdabest

it doesnt seem like that. It seem their are actually balancing the character. Also....Wow at My homie Squall going toe to toe with Sephiroth.

But cloud better be the hero of FVII. They might pull a twist and bring in Zack.(if theire is ahidden characters i wouldnt mind a zack being hidden for FVII and Seipher for VIII))

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 05:17 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by ESB -1138
This game is going to be packed with FF7 characters and like 1 or 2 (good and bad) characters from other titles.
Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up on the game... they're only pulling two main characters from each series title. And so far only Sephiroth has been announced from VII. Note how they comment how they "chose Jecht instead of Seymour for X's second character." Because they're limiting the number of characters from each title. Maybe a hidden and unplayable character from each in addition. But it's all equal, so I don't understand the unprovoked hate for VII... huh

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so ... this will be 'lolmashXbutton' like kingdom hearts? I if they put too much rpg elements there wont be any skill involved

is this even a player vs player fighter? or is it just 1 player.. I play the game til I achieve god-mode?

cuz I've wanted a fighter since Ergheiz / bushido blade.. but it seems like square doesnt care much to dabble in that area anytime soon
Sounds like it will be both, from the interview above.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 11:44 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote