KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes Website.

The Cosmic Cube is a device of untold power capable of changing the very fabric of reality at the whim of its possessor. The brilliant but malevolent Dr. Doom has the Cube, and with it he aims to reshape the world in his own image. Determined to succeed where the Cube's previous wielders have failed, Doom has lined up villainous allies to prevent the super-heroes from interfering. Can you unravel Doctor Doom's sinister plan and stop him before it's too late?

Marvel Heroes is a free-to-play MMO Action RPG created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and a team of industry veterans assembled specifically for this project.

Marvel Heroes combines core gameplay elements of Diablo with the expansive library of characters from the Marvel Universe.

Engage in Action-RPG-style gameplay, but in an MMO world.
Team up online with your friends, or play solo.
Randomly generated environments are different every time you play.

Collect and play as your favorite Marvel Super Heroes including Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, Wolverine, Hulk, and many others.

Choose from a list of fan favorites from the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and every corner of the Marvel Universe.
Build your character using a library of spectacular powers appropriate to your hero.
Customize your character with a library of costumes from Marvel’s rich history.
Discover an endless variety of gear to increase your hero's power.

Explore the Marvel Universe in a story crafted by comic book super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

Visit famous locations from the Marvel Universe, from Avengers Tower to Mutant Town to the Savage Land.
Smash through hordes of iconic Marvel enemies, such as the dreaded Purifiers and the legions of HYDRA.
Face off against dozens of super-villains (soon to be revealed).

And it's all FREE-TO-PLAY with Marvel Heroes!

Old Post May 25th, 2012 09:19 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 25th, 2012 09:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think I might actually try this. It looks cool for a free to play game.

Old Post May 25th, 2012 09:32 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Basically a super version of marvel ultimate alliance. Which is all I really want anyway

Old Post May 25th, 2012 09:34 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Brian Michael Bendis is thought the story up for this MMO.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 02:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Brian Michael Bendis is thought the story up for this MMO.

Shut up! We are only talking about the good stuff.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 03:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bendis is okay sometimes with his writing.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 03:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Of course the guy with the Mephisto avi would say that.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 03:59 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And i said only "Sometimes".

Old Post May 26th, 2012 04:03 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

More like he was good twice

Old Post May 26th, 2012 04:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

When was that for you?

Old Post May 26th, 2012 04:38 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Probably Spider-Man and Daredevil.

--

Anyway, yes, I'll be playing this game. My favourite characters are already confirmed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2012 05:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ultimate Alliance 3? Pass. I never made it through the first one. Got repetitive. They need to take Marvel out of the Diablo-esque top-down perspective. Too limiting for the majority of characters.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 05:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Game is gonna be playable at SDCC. Nice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 01:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I'm gonna be Strange and Dracula. Dracula hopefully of the bat. PUN!

I'm gonna drink all ya'lls blood.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 06:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

over top camera ruins it

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 07:34 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Only 17 characters confirmed! That's hella lame.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 08:01 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by the ninjak
Only 17 characters confirmed! That's hella lame.

17 so far. There's word that there could be up to 1000.

And it IS an mmo. Constant patches ftw.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 08:07 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by -Pr-
17 so far. There's word that there could be up to 1000.

And it IS an mmo. Constant patches ftw.

Yeah I heard that rumor too. But if I don't get my GotD Characters, Drac, GLX and Generation X characters I'm gonna go postal on these creators!

Hell this format is fail anyways! It should be turn based Third Person like KotOR. I hated Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It sucked major balls! I liked Xmen Legends because it focused on a singular team, inside the mansion. With Danger Room scenarios. It worked.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the creators are focusing on Xavier in the Mansion giving out missions in the same fashion. But with such a large roster CMON!

Vision makes games. Not gimmicks and rehashing of outdated playstyles. All of my fav Marvel games are maybe more than 7 yrs old. And that sucks.

Get the guys from KotOR to make a Marvel Universe tactical fighter game. With such a roster. Because this game reaks of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. In a Baaaadddddd way.

And none of the Passive, Aggresive, Long Range, Short Range attacks, voice activations/freakin Gauntlet style gameplay can possibly even resemble the fun and wonder that playing a real Marvel Universe fantasy could even capture a fraction of.

Im sorry but I've been down this road before. And it failed badly. And a MMO version of a failed game just leaves me in a hateful state.

What the hell is the world coming too? Have you seen Spideys powers in the game? He ain't zipping around the stupid limited screen webbing one guy here and there. He's webbing hlf the freaking screen of fodder!

I'm predicting a fail game here. I've seen the future and it ain't good. A Sentinel appearing on screen should be HUGE! With characters depending on their powerset hiding behind walls or hitting the sky hitting it with time based manuevers. But no this game is gonna have swarms of bots hitting it's feet until it goes down. I can tell this is going to happen.

They should rename this game Marvel Gauntlet 5: Epilectic Spam Police as far as I'm concerned. Freakin Freedom Force looks more interesting than this crap.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A DETAILED 3D SANDBOX TURN BASED STRATEGICAL SUPERHERO GAME!

Last edited by the ninjak on Jul 6th, 2012 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 08:49 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Wait there's gameplay footage beyond the first video?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 09:25 PM