KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Aliens: Colonial Marines

quote:
Sega announced on December 15, 2006 that Gearbox Software will be creating a first-person shooter based on the Alien film franchise which will be released on next-generation consoles. The game will be released sometime in 2009. Gearbox is no stranger to first-person shooters. They've developed many games including Brothers in Arms, Half Life and ported over Halo to PC. This Aliens game will keep "the atmospheric look and feel of the original films while leveraging next-generation technology to create an entirely new interactive Alien experience".

Simon Jeffery, President of Sega, said "Gearbox Software has a storied history of bringing innovative and compelling design to the FPS categor. Combining their design talents with the intense action of the Alien franchise ensures that gamers will have an immersive and action-packed experience." Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software, also said "The Alien series has been a tremendous influence for myself, the people at Gearbox Software and the video games industry in general. The opportunity to work with the amazing people at SEGA and Fox to build a next generation video game in the Alien universe is one of those dream projects that is a perfect fit for our capability and our passion."

Name: Aliens: Colonial Marines
Official Site: Sega
Released: 2009
Publisher: Sega
Developer: Gearbox
Formats: PC, Next-Gen Consoles
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Link with some pictures

http://avpgalaxy.net/games.php?section=multialienscm

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so gearbox did some ports and now all the sudden they have 'design talents'... lmao

knowing that gearbox is handling one of my favorite franchises makes me a very VERY sad panda

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:19 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so gearbox did some ports and now all the sudden they have 'design talents'... lmao

knowing that gearbox is handling one of my favorite franchises makes me a very VERY sad panda

They've done more then just ports of games roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:27 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

care to elaborate?... and I mean a good game under their belts

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:36 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

-Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
-Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Some of those games and the Half-Life expansion packs Opposing Force and Blue Shift.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 26th, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:44 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ok.. so they mod existing software.. how's that design talent?
(not saying that isn't difficult.. but I can probably name like 5 other studio's that would do the alien franchise much more justice.. ones that the word 'talent' would hold meaning for)

thats very different from creating your own game from the ground up

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 12:58 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gearbox isnt bad.

Brothers in Arms was pretty damn good game and pretty interesting to boot.

And Opposing Froce was an excellent expansion pack, probably one of the beter ones released.

I think they could easily pull this off. I wish it was Monolith but well, cant have everything.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

ok.. so they mod existing software.. how's that design talent?
(not saying that isn't difficult..

And Why is it bad using an existing game engine that were used for Unreal 3 ??

BioShock used it and that did well better hate the people that used the engine for that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 07:44 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that was a total conversion.. thats like saying I should hate jedi outcast for using quake 3 engine.. the games are unrelated, whereas the 'expansions' gearbox did are very much unchanged from the source material roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 01:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It still doesnt mean its not a good game, or that they dont have talent.

It doesnt matter considering Brothers in Arms was a wicked game.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 06:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Well my concern is now they are making a game from the ground up... right? (I dont recall reading this aliens game using any existing technology)

they haven't ever made a game from the ground up (to my knowledge), which is why I think this game is going to tank hard.. creating millions of sad pandas

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 09:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Holy shit. FVCKING HELL!!!! Im so excited for this. I remember reserving a copy of this back in 2000 for the PS2. I was broken hearted when the game was cancelled. It was the only game cancellation that actually disappointed me a bit. Aliens VS Predator 1&2 were great games. The second game was an exceptionaly popular venture. I have been wondering when we would get another Aliens or predator game, other than shitty Strategy games.

I wonder if they will go off of what the original Colonial Marines was doing. I remember...,Colonial Marines made it to Beta stages before it was cancelled.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 04:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well my concern is now they are making a game from the ground up... right? (I dont recall reading this aliens game using any existing technology)

they haven't ever made a game from the ground up (to my knowledge), which is why I think this game is going to tank hard.. creating millions of sad pandas

Brothers in Arms is their game, and it was pretty damn good.

I assuming their using an Unreal, or some other engine, or if they are not then probably using their building an engine for all the other new games they are doing.

But in the end, they have produce quality work so I dont see a problem.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 05:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Holy shit. FVCKING HELL!!!! Im so excited for this. I remember reserving a copy of this back in 2000 for the PS2. I was broken hearted when the game was cancelled. It was the only game cancellation that actually disappointed me a bit. Aliens VS Predator 1&2 were great games. The second game was an exceptionaly popular venture. I have been wondering when we would get another Aliens or predator game, other than shitty Strategy games.

I wonder if they will go off of what the original Colonial Marines was doing. I remember...,Colonial Marines made it to Beta stages before it was cancelled.

i'm pretty much in the same boat... can't wait...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 09:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Nice litle leaked gameplay footage:

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 08:10 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm a little pissed off that they delayed the game and wouldn't show it at E3. I wanted to play the demo dang it! From what I have seen in the vids, the game looks like it's gonna be great but after seeing the vids, I'm even more pissed off that they delayed the game. Thanks a whole friggin lot Gearbox mad

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Delayed usually means good.

Very often a game should be delayed but people get mad, they release earlier, and the game usually turns out bad.

If companies didnt delayed games, we wouldnt have great titles like Half Life, Half Life 2, every Will Wright game, every Blizzard game and pretty much any great developer.

Its annoying but it works out in the end.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:02 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Delayed videogames = Gamers killing themselves.

True that delaying might be good to make the game a little better but waiting for months and possibly years would just drive a person insane. Gearbox, release this game early so you can save a thousand lives from killing themselves.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:30 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sure.

Who gives a crap about a good game?

Anyways, how is it delayed, they have released a date yet.

I dont really care about delays. I used too, but not now. So a game gets delayed a half year, I dont really care. The only thing I dont like is when the game is about to be released, and they delay a week.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 04:12 AM