KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone Interest Thread

Battlezone Interest Thread
Started by: CadenceV2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Battlezone Interest Thread

Seems really annoying or hard to find someone via PM alone who like a competitive debate of characters. So I thought maybe like some other forums with a thread dedicated to people to post in looking for a match for easier access.

So come in this thread, post characters you like to debate for, or looking to debate against, and if someone is interested PM them or reply here.

That simple.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:04 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

I myself am looking for a match for characters of IDW and Image comics. People like Astounding Wolf Man, Angel (Buffy), Luther Strode, TMNTs, Spawn, or Godzilla.

So hit me up if you like to debate these characters.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:05 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I'm down, however I get to choose from a larger pool than that hopefully

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 04:48 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

That sounds pretty neat actually.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 05:30 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Letters

Anyone interested in judging a Superman vs Wonder Woman battlezone?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 08:19 PM
Letters is currently offline Click here to Send Letters a Private Message Find more posts by Letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I'm down, however I get to choose from a larger pool than that hopefully

You can put out a whole list of people if you like, or just who your feeling good to debate for.

I myself have tons of comic characters I love to debate for.

The Crow
Astounding Wolf Man
Invincible
Omni Man
Godzilla
Ghost Rider
Spawn(s)
Angela
Roland Deschain (Dark Tower)
Angel (Buffy)
Solid Snake
Ultimate Spider Man
Ultimate Wolverine
Ultimate Spider Man Miles
Ultimate Spider woman
Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Hawkeye
Ultimate Green Goblin
Predator
Terminator
TMNT (Mirage)
The Shadow
Luther Strode
Xena
Space Marine
Alucard (Hellsing)
Seras Victoria (Hellsing)

And all this is just comics.

tons of characters for me to debate with smile Just post a list of your own, or post in general your looking for a decent debate.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 09:40 PM
God Cloth Seiya

I've been trying to do one with you however I had priorities to take of first. If your still willing to discuss we can start a BZ together.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:03 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
I've been trying to do one with you however I had priorities to take of first. If your still willing to discuss we can start a BZ together.

I'm always down. Hit me up when you like smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:10 AM
Supermutant

Originally posted by CadenceV2
I'm always down. Hit me up when you like smile

Make it for a title belt, and I would probably want a shot at the winner.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:36 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Hey! Someone here interested in a match against Dane or Backlash? I've got vacation coming up and time to spare. smile

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:47 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Anyone want to debate against me and my favorite character like Spawn or Invincible? Hit me up.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 08:59 AM
krisblaze

Originally posted by CadenceV2
Anyone want to debate against me and my favorite character like Spawn or Invincible? Hit me up.

Not sure who I'd bring to a scuffle with Spawn, but maybe we could do something with Invincible?

What kind of Tier do you have in mind for him?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 09:26 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by krisblaze
Not sure who I'd bring to a scuffle with Spawn, but maybe we could do something with Invincible?

What kind of Tier do you have in mind for him?

I'm not good with tiers as they are on this forum, but I feel I could debate Invincible against the likes of Black Adam, Savage Hulk, or even Supergirl level. Characters. Versatile foes would beat him, but cases can be argued for the above.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:58 AM
Supermutant

Depending on which Spawn, I'll try to take him down.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 04:59 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if it's a title match, it's supposed to be blind--neither character knows who the other is going to choose....makes things more interesting that way.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 08:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by leonidas
if it's a title match, it's supposed to be blind--neither character knows who the other is going to choose....makes things more interesting that way.

I like that, but how does this prevents a stomp per say? Like how do you ball park characters for a decent debate?

Originally posted by Supermutant
Depending on which Spawn, I'll try to take him down.

Standard Simmons Spawn pre Armageddon. Issues 1-160. Minus the two issues where he becomes a Hell King.

He be around the ballpark level of Thor, Doctor Strange, Doom.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 09:45 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, there really isn't anyway to prevent it. you can take someone you really like and just CHANCE that your guy will match up well, or you can actively look around for the strongest, most well-rounded characters in the tier. i lost a couple times because my guys didn't match up well with my opponent. i really wanted to use them though, so it was a risk i was willing to take. a match COULD be a stomp, easily. it makes choosing a character a real challenge. if you are challenging someone with a belt though, you have the advantage of knowing who you are facing, so there is that....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

I think what Leo is getting at is that to make this a title match, we should use the official rules like sending our opening post to another user, so they can post it. That way no one knows what the other prep is until they are simultaneously posted.

I think we should also have a time limit for prep, pick a neutral location, and set a post limit. If you still want to use Spawn, then I will reveal my character to make it fair.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:34 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up i mean nothing is written in stone with these things. blind match ups were just the way we decided to get them started. if you guys ARE going for a belt match, i guess you can do whatever you want. what we did to begin (and the matches after) was pm our picks and openings to a neutral party. if you're not sure about the tier or level, find a couple knowledgable people to ask before you send in your pick. seems spawn would fit in the herald tier though, unless he's using one of the lesser versions, and all the herald divisions are full, unless you want to make your match a challenge match for one of the titles? i guess it's up to you guys.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:55 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

If it's high herald, I'm happy to vacate with Thor. Otherwise, yeah.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote