KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?

Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?

So, after talking with a good friend of mine last night about the Ones of Mortis, A thought occurred to me, was there a different way to kill the ones?

So, if you've played KoTOR 2, you remember that Meetra Surik(and Nihilius i think?) had the potential to become a large wound in the force that could bring about the "Death of the force". an echo that would continue until all who heard it would be deafened by it and eventually, killed. So, if Kreia had succeeded in creating such a Wound/Echo, would she have possibly been able to kill the Ones?

Again, I'm very curious about this and I'd much prefer if we kept the "Outdated s0urce1!!. Does not compute!!" out of this.

So, yeah. what do you all think?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Mace Windu could Vaapad the shit out of The Son tbh but that's just me

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:32 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Re: Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So, if you've played KoTOR 2, you remember that Meetra Surik(and Nihilius i think?) had the potential to become a large wound in the force that could bring about the "Death of the force". an echo that would continue until all who heard it would be deafened by it and eventually, killed. So, if Kreia had succeeded in creating such a Wound/Echo, would she have possibly been able to kill the Ones?

If Kreia had succeeded, the Ones would suffer more than any other being in the galaxy imo.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by ILS
I think Mace Windu could Vaapad the shit out of The Son tbh but that's just me

RotS Sidious already pushed Vaapad to its limit. This is pretty lulzworthy, tbh.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:49 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
RotS Sidious already pushed Vaapad to its limit. This is pretty lulzworthy, tbh.
*implying Mace Windu has limits*

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:50 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Re: Was the dagger of mortis the only way to kill the ones?

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Outdated s0urce1!!. Does not compute!!

jk. What you said is interesting and seems to make sense.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by ILS
*implying Mace Windu has limits*

>Implying I'm implying when you're really just denying.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:23 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>Implying I'm implying when you're really just denying.
>Implying you haven't realized I'm joking yet.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:24 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Outdated s0urce1 !!. Does not compute!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:40 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I just ****ing burst out laughing in Spanish class during a test reading this. God dammit Sasukedc.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Teams from top level beings can do it for a small majority.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I just ****ing burst out laughing in Spanish class during a test reading this. God dammit Sasukedc.

I was taking a test when I posted it too.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 06:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

You can kill the ones with lightsaber.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Arhael
You can kill the ones with lightsaber.

Except the Father iirc.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No you can't. no expression The Son died by Anakin's blade after he lost his power due to the stabbing of the Father with the Dagger.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

You kind of affirmed my point. As you said Son lost power. Which means that he was powerful enough to defend against lightsaber before, not immortal.

Father nearly diet by being electrocuted by Son. I don't think they are immortal literally. They are just super-powerful to the point that they can block /absorb lightsaber with bare hands. The mere fact that Son needed to actually block a lightsaber attack implies that it could hurt him otherwise.

If we go by EU canon, Son got power by drinking from Font of Power and Daughter - by bathing in Pull of Knowledge. Abeloth both drank from the font and bathed in the pull. She was more powerful than either Son or Daughter, yet, she could still be killed. Mere lightsaber wound didn't kill Abeloth though, there needed to be good lightsaber slice across her whole body at least. Dagger makes it much more convenient as a mere stab can kill.

Last edited by Arhael on Nov 21st, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Arhael
The mere fact that Son needed to actually block a lightsaber attack implies that it could hurt him otherwise.

True. It makes sense.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 10:35 PM
WildBantha88

The fact that the son blocked the lightsaber doesn't mean he is vulnerable to them. If someone is swinging a small sick at your face your not just going to let them slap you in the face with a stick. Weather it hurts or not doesn't matter because its ****ing annoying either way

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 11:09 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Father's death did not strip Son of immortality. It weakened him. If he was immortal, he would be just a weakened immortal.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 11:15 PM
WildBantha88

Only a severely weakened son could be killed. His sister and father were dead. Full power son is immortal

Old Post Nov 21st, 2014 11:44 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote