KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » who is the most well developed character in Star wars?

who is the most well developed character in Star wars?
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

who is the most well developed character in Star wars?

Who do you think it is?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Deadeye Duncan.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Depends on what exactly you mean by developed. The difference between A New Hope Luke Skywalker, in terms of personality and for lack of a better word, knowledge, and Fate of the Jedi Luke is pretty incredible. I might pick him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi-Wan is worth a mention. As well as, dare I say, it Anakin.

Ulic Qel-Droma, too.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:35 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Hmm, that's a hard one. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke are a few common names, a another one would be Kyle Katarn, he came a long way from the imperial soldier/agent to the Jedi Battlemaster of the NJO

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Not to be pedantic, but define "well developed" for the purpose of this discussion.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:54 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not to be pedantic, but define "well developed" for the purpose of this discussion.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 05:12 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

We are not talking about power but story wise. The character that has the most well developed story and character points

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 05:41 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Vader

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 06:34 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

han solo

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Nihilus

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by WildBantha88
We are not talking about power but story wise. The character that has the most well developed story and character points

Obviously we're not talking power. But what do you mean by "well developed"? The one that changes the most? A character with the most memorable arc?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 09:32 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Traya.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by carthage
Darth Vader

thumb up

Agreed, depending on what Bantha is referring to.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Selenial
Traya.

Aw man, you beat me to it.

I'd also say Count Dooku and Mace are very well developed.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Kerra Holt

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Interesting choice.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:22 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by WildBantha88
why not? I'll say Zayne Carrick and just about everyone that he interacted with.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:45 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

For a non movie character, Mara Jade. That's a hell of a life.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hmm, that's a hard one. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke are a few common names, a another one would be Kyle Katarn, he came a long way from the imperial soldier/agent to the Jedi Battlemaster of the NJO

Though I'd put Corran Horn as more than him. Corran was the POV character for, what, 6-7 novels? And had significant role past that.

One thing about the big characters is while they had a lot of time, outside the main stories they weren't allowed to *develop* that much and often hit a development hamster wheel where they'd learn the same lessons a few times in a row. The most front time does not mean the most development. Comic fans, you know what I'm talking about- Dick Grayson/Nightwing has a dozen time the development of Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Second tier characters tend to get the most development. Big enough to get lots of time, small enough that it's ok to progress them in significant ways.

Oh, quite possibly Jaina Solo. Young Jedi Knights, Vong War, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi, she has a large chunk of her life and relationships detailed and she changes a lot during it. Possibly Jacen too, but there is the matter of his death giving somewhat less time, and his last arc sucking, but still, a lot of development.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote