KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Episode 7 trailer

Episode 7 trailer
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Episode 7 trailer

It is so horrible and I am not remotely surprised. First off, it doesnt look or feel like Star Wars. Just some weird sci-fi box office bomb. John Boyega looks ridiculous, the stormtroopers and Millennium Falcon look fake, Daisy Ridley looks ridiculous on that speeder, that R2 unit looks like its rolling on a soccer ball, and the narrator's voice could not be more cheesy and the bad guy could not look more generic or stupid. It has exceeded expectations in being horrible, and my world is going to end.

Bonus: I liked the TIE's though.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Looks can be deceiving you know. :P As I recall for ANH, people weren't all that interested when the trailers came up and now look where Star Wars is.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Back in the 70's that trailer was like actually going into space...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

This is just a teaser. You can't tell if the movie is going to be suck frim 1:00

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:04 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
This is just a teaser. You can't tell if the movie is going to be suck frim 1:00

thumb up

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wow.. Making judgements on a film based on a few scenes and almost no indication of the actual plot or story.

I guess there are people who are going to hate this film no matter what.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I think the Voice Over was pretty bad, but the scenes themselves were cool.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:47 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The voice over (who I'm almost positive is Cumberbatch) was a terrible choice. And that soccer droid was hilariously bad. Heck, between those two thing and Boyega's had popping up into frame like that, for the first part of the trailer I thought I was watching a joke.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

The visual style just looked weird IMO.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:56 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah, the narrator was awesome.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Instant hatred, how typical.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:07 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ares834
The voice over (who I'm almost positive is Cumberbatch) was a terrible choice. And that soccer droid was hilariously bad. Heck, between those two thing and Boyega's had popping up into frame like that, for the first part of the trailer I thought I was watching a joke.

As long as that droid isn't important, I don't think it's that bad. The voiceover was terrible. It may have been better if they had something interesting to say at the end instead of "and the light!".

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:23 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, the narrator was awesome.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

The soccer Droid is cute lol.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:33 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's not hatred, it's what you gleam from the trailer.

The style is completely off from the OT, the lightsaber shows he's completely diverging from established canon in an attempt to create something unique... Obviously we can't judge it, but we can say it's not going to be the same as the others.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Omg! Seriously! I knew this would happen. If they had made this trailer a freaking gold mine you would still be picking it apart screaming "I hate this shit!"

Fans ****ing suck!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:48 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Omg! Seriously! I knew this would happen. If they had made this trailer a freaking gold mine you would still be picking it apart screaming "I hate this shit!"

Fans ****ing suck!

Did people ***** this much when they learned about Dooku's curved hild?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The rage was probably on when they saw Mace with a purple lightsaber. How dare they!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 12:59 AM
ares834

Lmao at the strawmen here.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

The Siths robe and lightsaber look awesome. It sounds very much like star wars. It looks a bit different, darker. The droid does look weird but c'mon guys it's a ****ing droid? Are you really going to ***** over a droid? All in all things are looking up yet you all are still acting like a spoiled child over this 1 minute long trailer

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:06 AM