KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's Lightsaber Abilities Overview [Discussion Thread]

Revan's Lightsaber Abilities Overview [Discussion Thread]
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan's Lightsaber Abilities Overview [Discussion Thread]

I just completely re-did this thread. Thoughts? Concerns?
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...overview/97613/

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Brilliant.

I still rate Surik higher given how focused she was on Bladework. But very impressive, I hadn't properly drawn together the Hord feats, nice job.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"Form III: Sorseu: Revan has demonstrated knowledge of Sorseu from being trained by Kreia, a Jedi Master and Sith Lord who was very skilled in Shii-Cho and was known to have trained her disciples on it."

Ahem.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Brilliant.

Thank you! big grin
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Form III: Sorseu: Revan has demonstrated knowledge of Sorseu from being trained by Kreia, a Jedi Master and Sith Lord who was very skilled in Shii-Cho and was known to have trained her disciples on it."

Ahem.

Oops, thanks! I forgot to change that once I copied and pasted it into the next box. messed Fixed now!

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Enjoyed the thread, couple things to note though:

1.) Trying to pass off Revan hungering for knowledge as him wanting to learn more lightsaber techniques seems pretty fallacious to me.

2.) Revan didn't keep Tulak Hord's holocron, he gave it to the Academy and was never confirmed to have taken it back.

3.) EDIT: Looks like someone already noticed.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:08 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Ahem.

He has the same thing for Makashi as well. Also I disagree with the notion that because he has performed an opening Juyo stance that he has "skillful knowledge" of the form.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:10 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up x 2 combo.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
He has the same thing for Makashi as well. Also I disagree with the notion that because he has performed an opening Juyo stance that he has "skillful knowledge" of the form.

Typo... fixed. thumb up

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:11 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Enjoyed the thread, couple things to note though:

1.) Trying to pass off Revan hungering for knowledge as him wanting to learn more lightsaber techniques seems pretty fallacious to me.

He hungered to "learn techniques." erm

Originally posted by NewGuy01
2.) Revan didn't keep Tulak Hord's holocron, he gave it to the Academy and was never confirmed to have taken it back.

Yep, not sure how that contradicts what I said. He still had the holocron before hand, and later raided the Sith Academy and killed Uthar.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:13 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Edit: Okay

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:16 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This though, I do take issue with:

"No individual or army of the era could match Revan's power besides one, and that man's corpse now lays dead as it orbits Rakata Prime."

"Revan was the greatest warrior of his time, and perhaps greater then any who came before him."

Um, Vitiate and his Empire?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Vitiate's not apart of the KotOR era, and isn't a warrior either. I do give Vitiate a mention though here:

"... and the Sith Emperor, an immortal "living embodiment of the dark side")."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes he is? erm

Also I'm pretty sure Malak was deemed "almost unstoppable", not unstoppable.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:23 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yes he is? erm

Also I'm pretty sure Malak was deemed "almost unstoppable", not unstoppable.

Not in the sense of combatants... Revan/Meetra vs Vitiate is apart of the TOR era.

I know. erm

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:25 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, it took place in the Kotor era. It happens immediately after Kotor II. Literally within a few years of Kotor. How can that be counted as a different era?

Then why did you intentionally leave out the almost in your thread? erm

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:28 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, it took place in the Kotor era. It happens immediately after Kotor II. Literally within a few years of Kotor.

Then why did you intentionally leave out the almost in your thread? erm

Nope. The novel was a prequel to Star Wars: The Old Republic, and the third of series of novels based on the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I didn't. Note the next sentence: "This is until Revan managed to ultimately defeat the Dark Lord in a brutal confrontation, heroically ending the Sith threat until the rise of the Sith Triumvirate later."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:31 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A prequel that took place 300 years before TOR. Prequels don't have to be set in the same era as their linked source. I'd think a Star Wars fan would know that. erm erm erm

You did. The almost isn't in the quote, so you didn't. The fact that Revan beat him is why it's egregious to source Malak as unstoppable. By leaving out the almost you're intentionally making Revan look undeservedly better and giving false information.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:35 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nope, I accept your concession. The novel isn't called Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Revan for a reason:
"Star Wars: The Old Republic is continuing to expand beyond the core game and into novels and comics. Del Rey Books has already published two novels in the Old Republic timeline, Fatal Alliance and Deceived, and last year announced that a third Old Republic novel was to be written by Drew Karpyshyn, Principal Writer at BioWare, and author of the Darth Bane series of Star Wars novels." --StarWars.com

lawl, obvious Malak hatred is obvious Malak hatred. Sorry for not satisfying your needs of Sarro Xaj>Revan>>>Darth Malak.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:38 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That it has the Old Republic brand doesn't mean it is set in the Old Republic era, which kind of encompasses Kotor anyway now that I think of it? Regardless, Vitiate was active in the Kotor era. Yet you say that no individual of the era could match Revan. Which is blatantly untrue.

Obvious Revan bias is obvious. All I want is for your respect thread to be accurate and unbiased. I don't see how it's biased of me to expect you to not intentionally mislead your readers.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:44 PM