KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's Major Abilities in Yavin IV Battle

Revan's Major Abilities in Yavin IV Battle
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan's Major Abilities in Yavin IV Battle

I just reached the final Revan boss. Revan's power of:
(please log in to view the image)

is a currently existing power called Force Destruction:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Destruction

The description of the ability in The Old Republic is simple: "Destroying all..."
People such as Darth Bane and Galen Marek have done this before with weaker effects.
------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Secondly, I would like to brief over Satele Shan's Battle Meditation.

The effects of the Battle Mediation on the attackers are described as followed:
"Combat effectiveness is greatly increased."
------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Thirdly, below are the major attacks Darth Revan commonly displays in the fight:
Force Lightning Storm, Force Affliction, Force Choke, Force Heal, Force Speed, and Lightsaber Throw.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 6th, 2014 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Revan is crazy powerful.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:21 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh and, the description of Force Destruction is as follows:
"Slowly being destroyed by Revan." Pretty insane, indeed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Such an incredible display of dominance and rag-dolling. I have never seen a Jedi dominating powerful adversaries in this manner before.

BioWare have really shaken-up traditional rankings of the Force-users in the lore with this update.

---

Anyways, I have some questions for those who have played this expansion:

Q: What exactly is this place?
Q: Satele Shan and Darth Marr accompany any playable character?
Q: Which playable character performed best?
Q: What are the accolades of the Emperor and what he does after his return?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:41 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A: A massassi temple on Yavin IV. They're known as focal points of energy.
A: Yes.
A: Any Republic ones.
A: Revan claim's neither he nor any other can beat him or some such. All he does after his return is gloat and run away.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Q: What exactly is this place?

The Forgotten Terrace of Yavin 4. Most of the Masassi Temples were destroyed in bombing runs, including the major ones that harness mass amounts of Force energy.
quote:
Q: Satele Shan and Darth Marr accompany any playable character?

Darth Marr, Lana Beniko, Theron Shan, Satele Shan, Shae Vizla and Jakarro aid you in only Revan's battle.
quote:
Q: Which playable character performed best?

It is generally accepted the Emperor's Wrath canonically fought Revan, given he has additional dialogue from both Revan and Vitiate during it.
quote:
Q: What are the accolades of the Emperor and what he does after his return?

When the Emperor returns, he unleashes a flash of light that seemingly throws everyone off of their feat. The feat was really badass, and made even Revan shit his pants.
Vitiate is stated to be far more powerful then anyone in the galaxy, including Revan. He is also "the Darkside incarnate" and the Dread Master's "combined power was insignificant compared to the Emperor."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 6th, 2014 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 08:47 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan additionally performs a variation of Force Drain labeled Force Growth during the final moments of the fight.
The description of the ability is where "life and force power are being drained" for Revan to harness and grow in power.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:06 AM
Zenwolf

I feel like when I finally get around to playing this expansion which should be on the 9th, that I'm gonna really end up not liking it.

In the sense of, blind fanboyism to Revan/Vitiate concerning what they showed.

To make this more clear, I don't mind that they showed it. But I feel as if some are going to seriously overrate the characters even moreso than when they already were before.

Again...not the actual fans, but the ones who think the two can do whatever they want.

I'm sure i'll actually enjoy the content when I get around to playing it come the 9th.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You really don't expect BioWare to over-hype Revan (the guy who made their company famous) and Vitiate (the antagonist on the entire game)?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:21 AM
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You really don't expect BioWare to over-hype Revan (the guy who made their company famous) and Vitiate (the antagonist on the entire game)?

No that's fine, again I don't have any problems with them hyping up Revan/Vitiate. It's the blind fans of the 2 that I can't stand.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

It is generally accepted the Emperor's Wrath canonically fought Revan, given he has additional dialogue from both Revan and Vitiate during it.

*Empire's Wrath

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:26 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I feel like when I finally get around to playing this expansion which should be on the 9th, that I'm gonna really end up not liking it.

In the sense of, blind fanboyism to Revan/Vitiate concerning what they showed.

To make this more clear, I don't mind that they showed it. But I feel as if some are going to seriously overrate the characters even moreso than when they already were before.
It's not that bad, I could've went without the Vitiate stuff at the end though, he seems like a poor mans Sauron or something.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 04:32 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote