KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God Of War series vs Devil May Cry series

God Of War series vs Devil May Cry series
Started by: Reflassshh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

God Of War series vs Devil May Cry series

Which series has overall better:

1: Story
2: Evolution of gameplay mechanics
3: Learning curb and weaponry
4: Characters
5: Fun factor
6: Bosses

All games taken into account, even DmC, which series is better IYO?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jan 29th, 2015 at 06:44 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:30 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

1. God of War.
I cannot remember anything that happened in the Devil May Cry series with the exception of the the basic plotline; whereas with respect to the God of War series, I know the story and plot backwards.

2. Devil May Cry I guess.
God of War's gameplay has basically stayed unaltered throughout the series with minor tweaks here and there. Devil May Cry has gone from Hack n' Slash with some survival elements to Hack n' Slash.
EDIT: God of War has Multiplayer.

3. Devil May Cry.
More interesting and varied weapons as well as a more pronounced difficulty curve. Taking into account the various difficulties that the Devil May Cry series offers, it blows God of War out of the water, given the differences between its difficulty settings amount to more than just differences in damage, health and enemy aggression as it is in God of War.

4. God of War.
Devil May Cry 3 has the only characters worth mentioning in the series, and they killed off their best character in the first game (Vergil). God of War has mythological figures.

5. Both imo.
God of War has the better and more varied gameplay overall, but Devil May Cry is better in terms of combat (by far its main focus), and I don't think it takes itself seriously for the most part, so you get shit like Dante playing a guitar after killing a succubus that wanted to get into his pants.

6. God of War. Boss fights were far more interesting to me.

God of War.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 05:20 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

I think God of war has been overall more consistant a series compared to DMC.

Both dmc 2 and 4 were supbar, 1 was good and 3 was the best.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 09:54 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

@Phoenix thumb up, I may not agree with some of your points, but great post nonetheless.

Why is Dmc4 subpar?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 10:20 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
I think God of war has been overall more consistant a series compared to DMC.

Both dmc 2 and 4 were supbar, 1 was good and 3 was the best.

2 may have been sub-par (I haven't played it, going off critical reception only), but 4 was pretty good.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Reflassshh
@Phoenix thumb up, I may not agree with some of your points, but great post nonetheless.

Why is Dmc4 subpar?

Thanks. thumb up
Everyone will have their own opinion. What's yours?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 01:52 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote