KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Should we trust Georges Lucas?

Should we trust Georges Lucas?
Started by: Revanchiste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Revanchiste

Should we trust Georges Lucas?

RetCon
Si, aujourd'hui, des mécanismes ont été mis en place en amont de toute publication, afin de s'assurer de ce qui est (ou sera) déclaré canon et de la continuité, il n'en a pas été toujours ainsi et certains évènements publiés dans des oeuvres ont donné du mal à ceux qui ont désormais en charge cette continuité. Des modifications après coup ou des explications allambiquées sont parfois necessaires pour permettre à un évènement de "coller" à la continuité. Le terme "RetCon" (Retroactive continuity - Continuité Rétroactive) désigne ces acrobaties.

Les deux RetCons les plus flagrantes de l'Univers Star Wars sont des contortions afin de permettre à des évènements d'un film déjà sorti en salles de coller à de nouveaux développements dans des films à venir. Ainsi :

Dans l'épisode 4, Obi Wan Kenobi déclare à Luke Skiwalker que son père, Anakin Skiwalker, a été trahi et tué par Darth Vader. Plus tard, cela sera modifié en Darth Vader est Anakin et "Darth Vader à tué Anakin... en quelque sorte".

La princesse Leia Organa a un faible pour Luke Skywalker. Ceci sera modifié par la suite pour la faire devenir la soeur de Luke et la faire tomber dans les bras de Han Solo.

After reviewving all the entire original trilogy and all the remakes.....
With all this retcon in fact invented by lucas magazine chronichers..... Shit my brother retake his keyboard.;;; Let's continue...
In fact there is a lot of incoherence and retcon are needed (like for the storm troopers crisis a lot of retcon have been made but they all fail until a fan show up....)
I'm sure than everybody forget luke diying at the begining of épisode V. Or Han solo who shoot first......
And there is retcon everywhere, sometimes they even compt on the E.U (remember bounty hunter) they are often approved by lucas but that's not mean than that's him who creat them....
Rember the micro series... Retcon on the Episode III before parution.....
Tel me after that than they are not retcon adicted.... And somtimes for some good retcon but with some incoherence they make the retcon of the retcon.....

In fact I'm wondering now if the E.U is based on the moovies or the reverse?

They even compt on the encyclopédias to explain some incoherence by technical issue... But those explation cause some problem where there is no incoherence yet !!!!

The ultra begining was imagine by one chronicher of lucas art magazine after than a fan asked who where the first Jedi..... Do you believe me? If you were a suscriber to this shity magazin, you will notice than in the ask/answer part, some anwser are complete bullshit somtimes they are admitted !!!!!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I just want to hug you.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

DP will probably go into cardiac arrest upon reading this title.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 05:36 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

L.O.L.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Re: Should we trust Georges Lucas?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Revanchiste
In fact I'm wondering now if the E.U is based on the moovies or the reverse?

Yes, as we know EU came first. It impressed George so much that later he got an idea to try out this scrawny trilogy of his.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Re: Re: Should we trust Georges Lucas?

Originally posted by Stigma
Yes, as we know EU came first. It impressed George so much that later he got an idea to try out this scrawny trilogy of his.

Seems legit to me. Lucus was writing his 70s shit based on '03 Revan and his godhood. Obviously.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 07:30 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Re: Should we trust Georges Lucas?

Originally posted by Stigma

Yhea but there is so many retcons.... Like the clone war 2008 wich is near the retcon action series (And the logic behind the retcon even with complicated element like politic still simplist répétituve, unevolving like the plot while making contradiction... anyway

To explain all the failure exploited by the how it should have ended....
You wonder if certain comic/épisode or any minor pieces from the E.U aren't here only because there is a mistake somwhere in the moovies......

The early E.U if you forget the first cartoons/comics book.....

Last edited by Revanchiste on Jan 27th, 2015 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Re: Re: Should we trust Georges Lucas?

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Seems legit to me. Lucus was writing his 70s shit based on '03 Revan and his godhood. Obviously.

This bioware stuff it is not linked to the moovies (o;k by similarity)
But the story is based on the universe !!!!! Not the moovies.... It is an appart story, that's bioware hold it as canon until biiiiip 3.0 fan-fiction made show up.....

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 07:42 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 09:12 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Qu'est ce que ****? Absolument pas!

Voila, ce est tout. I've exhausted my supply of Spanish.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Alt + 0161 Empollo de Inglanohablante racisto de mierda !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...=84924572#t=161
It was a JDG référence....

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 09:46 AM