KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...91a62be5200003c

Looking forward to some proper Treyarch zombies, if nothing else.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 08:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looking foward to the 3rd one and its only been about 4 years since Treyarch's last CoD game.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2015 11:56 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 12:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

That was... actually a very well done trailer. Gonna need to see some gameplay though.

Sounds kind of like Deus Ex. Humanity is divided on the issue of a prejudice against augmented people, and our in game abilities will stem from these augs.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 05:16 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 26th, 2015 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 09:11 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ca...ames-71542.html

quote:
New information has been revealed for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, due out this November for the home consoles and PC. The single-player campaign that usually plays host to all those massive Hollywood blockbuster moments and scripted events won't be as linear in Black Ops 3 as it was in some previous titles.

Game Planet managed to get a few details on the campaign mode, revealing that this time around the player-character – who usually happens to be silent during the actual campaign gameplay – will actually be a custom creation this time around. Players will be able to make a male or female character and join with three other friends in the first ever four-player cooperative Call of Duty campaign experience.

Now, regarding the actual linearity of the stages – Game Planet takes some liberties to explain that due to having four-player co-op the game' campaign mode will have to facilitate all four players in much larger environments. They do, however, state that Treyarch has mentioned that they're committed to making the game's campaign more accommodating to four-players through adding more ways to engage the enemy, and that there will be some manner of open-area gameplay present. What they don't explain is if this means the campaign maps will be closer to what Call of Duty fans are used to from the four-player cooperative zombies or spec ops modes, or if this means that the game will be expansive like the four-player cooperative modes in the old Ghost Recon games.

One thing they do mention is that the AI in the game has been overhauled greatly with what they describe as a “goal oriented” design. This means that the computer is directing AI around with an intent and a purpose, presumably similar to the “Director” in the Left 4 Dead games, where the NPCs were being re-purposed and shuffled around in ways to challenge even the most skilled players.

Now if you're worried that because the game now supports four players in the campaign that all those amazing, blockbuster spectacles – often a staple in the Call of Duty franchise – will have to go away to accommodate more players, think again. Treyarch is making it where the cinematics will either happen from a third-person point of view so everyone can see what's going on or keep it with the first-person cinematic view that they oftentimes use to help tell dynamic parts of the story.

I imagine a lot of the story will need to center around the supporting characters when it comes time for exposition and character interaction, similar to how things are handled in GTA Online's heists: The player character just kind stands around, silent, nodding and pantomiming while everyone else does all the talking.

However, creating a character in the campaign mode is more than just about looks. The game will offer players the opportunity to modify their character with more than 40 different cybernetic enhancements. The enhancements are called Cyber Cores and they work in the same way as the enhancements in games like Deus Ex or the more recent Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Players can also utilize team tactics and skills to help each other out on the battlefield, such as identifying targets for the rest of the teammates to concentrate fire on, or highlighting threat assessments throughout the area.

Gotta say that's quite the step up. Before the screw ups that were Modern Warfare 3, Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, Treyarch's Black Ops was one of the few CoDs I rarely enjoyed so I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 09:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Definitely sounds promising. A nazi-zombies style campaign is pretty much what a lot of people were asking for anyway.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 11:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

For those of you who care, this launches thursday

PWNT

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 01:57 AM
Arachnid1

I haven't had this much fun with a CoD in years. The multiplayer is well made and I have yet to run into any maps that I hate, not to mention the zombies is one of the best I've played. It's really difficult though. I find myself getting overran at round 5 as opposed to the usual 30. The campaign is alright so far, but nothing amazing. The other aspects more than make up for it.

I'm also pretty sure the chat system is glitched or down. I have yet to encounter a five year old informing me of the obscene acts that took place between him and my mother. This is very worrying

All in all, this will be the first CoD to keep me busy for a while I think. There's been a bit of a learning curve since I've been away so long, and my overall KD is definitely negative, but I'm actually beginning to go positive in my games. Maybe I can bring it back up.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:02 AM
Jmanghan

Infinity Ward has made better games overall.

Still waiting for Modern Warfare 4.

The Black Ops series is good, but I feel like not only is Modern Warfare all-around better-selling, but they are betters games as well.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 08:25 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well the team that made the first two Modern Warfare games (the good ones) is pretty much gone, the Infinity Ward that is left is a shell. MW3 was pretty mediocre, I thought, and Ghosts was awful. I think they're now probably the worst of the three teams making COD games.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 07:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BackFire
Well the team that made the first two Modern Warfare games (the good ones) is pretty much gone, the Infinity Ward that is left is a shell. MW3 was pretty mediocre, I thought, and Ghosts was awful. I think they're now probably the worst of the three teams making COD games.
A lot of people liked MW3 more then MW2.

World at War was pretty good too.

But COD 1 remains one of my favorite video games of all time.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 02:37 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

*coughs* fallout 4 *coughs*

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 02:41 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
*coughs* fallout 4 *coughs*
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

That FallOut 4 is better?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2015 03:02 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

That FallOut 4 is better?

Of course

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 01:10 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Still in North Texas working.

Still haven't played.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 06:10 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I just can't get into the Treyarch "look". Infinity Ward games are better handled and visually IMO. The company that did Ghosts was nice too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 04:03 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is it easy to save progress in the game ?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 04:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

New DLC map pack is pretty dope.

Skyjacked is a recreation of the Hijacked boat map from BO2 and it's f*cking awesome looking.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I just can't get into the Treyarch "look". Infinity Ward games are better handled and visually IMO. The company that did Ghosts was nice too.
Ghosts was the worst COD game I've ever played.

Ghosts was trash.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 11:04 PM