KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will Star Wars end?

Will Star Wars end?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Will Star Wars end?

I'm just afraid that the NEU will not last as long as the old EU, and when say, 2020 rolls around, the only "new" Star Wars book at Barnes and Nobles will be the Empire Strikes Back re-re-re-re mastered story novelization.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Even if it does, I doubt anyone on this forum ever read the complete saga from start to finish (from books, comics, video games, source books, etc).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Barnes and Nobles still around in 2020?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Why would it end exactly? Something as big as Star Wars doesn't end. There's an entire Universe out there to explore.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

No it won't as long as it keeps making money. Its already been going for 40 years and still seems to be going. And now with a new generation of movies, animated series, ect. As long as this money train keeps being fueled it will likely go another 40. I mean shit, even the garbage prequels were a gold mine. If these new movies are at least as good...man this series could still have novels being released in 2077.

I mean we are still getting LOTRs games and Tolkien is long dead. Star Wars has no single author and so the possibilities are endless.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

SW is never ending. It's a juggernaut, heck if you look at the majority of the stuff most really haven't scratched the surface of what SW can really become, mostly focusing on Sith vs. Jedi or Empire vs. Rebels.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:33 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

It's not going to, you know how much money they make off this franchise? You're insane if you think it's dying anytime soon.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:18 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

It will not end until someone write an end...
It could be let unfinished... But it will never end....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
SW is never ending. It's a juggernaut, heck if you look at the majority of the stuff most really haven't scratched the surface of what SW can really become, mostly focusing on Sith vs. Jedi or Empire vs. Rebels.

Why would anyone give a damn about anything BUT sith vs. Jedi. Star Wars is supposed to focus on the force. I've never showed the slightest interest in anything but.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:17 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by psmith81992
Why would anyone give a damn about anything BUT sith vs. Jedi. Star Wars is supposed to focus on the force. I've never showed the slightest interest in anything but.

Because there's more to the SWU than Jedi and Sith, also Star Wars isn't suppose to focus on The Force, it's a large focus but not the main focus. The main focus is the battle between good and evil.

However that doesn't mean everything else gets shoved aside, or can't be explored.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why would it end exactly? Something as big as Star Wars doesn't end. There's an entire Universe out there to explore.

As usual ZenWolf hits the nail on the head. thumb up

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
As usual ZenWolf hits the nail on the head. thumb up

I like hitting nails, but what other nails have I hit? confused

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:46 PM
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Originally posted by psmith81992
my favorite character is captain rex, **** the force XD

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

SW will never end. It will go on forever and ever. And ever. And ever... evil face

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
SW will never end. It will go on forever and ever. And ever. And ever... evil face
Star Wars will end on my 110 birthday which is in 95 years lol

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:08 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote