KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » People that Saesee Tiin have defeated

People that Saesee Tiin have defeated
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

People that Saesee Tiin have defeated

Who has Saesee Tiin defeated in Single Combat or Otherwise?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Sidious.No one. I think he lead a strike team that got pinned down by pirates, and he washimself a pilot, but that's it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Sidious.No one. I think he lead a strike team that got pinned down by pirates, and he washimself a pilot, but that's it.
Well... Damn sad He has never had the opportunity to really face anyone in Single Combat since he joined the Jedi Order??

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

If he did, I can't recall it. In the novels, he is relatively featless, but held in some regard. I didn't read all the comics and I don't watch the show, so I may have missed something.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

In the comics, he's taken down droids.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

This, btw, is why I don't take claims of him being one of the best duelists too seriously. He's not the Jedi that the Jedi sent to deal with enemy saber user, ever.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wasn't he sent to capture Quinlan Vos?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ares834
Wasn't he sent to capture Quinlan Vos?

Oh yea, there was that. But it was a, "Vos, submit yourself to arrest," "Ok." type thing. I guess it did mean they trusted him to be strong enough if Vos refused, but that's more 'pretty good' duelist rather than 'best.'

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:13 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Q99
This, btw, is why I don't take claims of him being one of the best duelists too seriously. He's not the Jedi that the Jedi sent to deal with enemy saber user, ever.

Obi-Wan pursues more lightsaber duelists than Yoda or Mace, doesn't mean he's a superior swordsman.

You're just upset that Sidious punked three of the best ever and is pretty much better than Krayt in all ways.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:30 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Obi-Wan pursues more lightsaber duelists than Yoda or Mace, doesn't mean he's a superior swordsman.

Still, makes him a better duelist than those with *no* duels to speak of under their belt smile

And Mace and Yoda's duels they do have show their power.

quote:

You're just upset that Sidious punked three of the best ever and is pretty much better than Krayt in all ways.

You do know I rate Krayt under Sids, right?

Krayt's only got an advantage on Sids in one area, medical/immortality force powers, and even those only once he's resurrected.

And heh, Tiin as one of the 'best ever'... I mean, punking Fisto is impressive! Kolar's not bad himself, if to a lesser extent.... Tiin... hehehehe.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:41 AM
The_Tempest

> No. How many times have you plead with your opponents to consider generously the abilities of the Imperial Knights Krayt felled when he staged his coup? They had no feats to speak of but you expect us not to regard them as complete newbz. The difference here is that Tiin (unlike the Knights) is explicitly and consistently noted to not be a "weak feeb" (to borrow one of Kurupt Thanosi's expressions), but a "celebrated swordsman" who is, per Obi-Wan's estimation at least, one of the best ever.

You can dismiss the claim as coming from Obi-Wan, but to dismiss it as not being supported by feats is ridiculous. Remind me to club you over the head with the whole feat wars thing every time we discuss Legacy henceforth. Smiting you with your own tactic will be glorious.

I know you recognize that Sidious is stronger, faster, more skilled, smarter, more successful, better looking, and a more talented lover than Krayt. I just brought that up to be petty because petty is fun.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:48 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What is it that indicates Tiin is that good? Is it just Kenobi's dumb opinion?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
What is it that indicates TiinTulak Hord is that good? Is it just KenobiKhem Vhal's dumb opinion?

quote:
The_Tempest
Smiting you with your own tactic will be glorious.

quote:
The_Tempest

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 03:59 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

lmao

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:02 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

How effortless it is to spring my devious and cunning traps.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:03 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Da fuq? Thats so not a valid comparison. It isn't an opinion for Khem Val to say that Tulak Hord pulled a capital ship the size of the Endar Spire out the sky, its an account of what he's witnessed.

Kenobi's opinion about Tiin could easily be incorrect since Kenobi hasn't seen the vast, vat majority of swordsman in history. Thus saying Tiin ranks amongst the best isn't really a particularly compelling opinion. Plus Kenobi could just be overestimating his for various reasons.

Khem Val saying Tulak Hord pulled a capital ship out of the sky is very unlikely to be incorrect unless he's like, schizophrenic? You think he imagined it? The only thing that's vaguely opinion related it the comparison of size.

I'm actually surprised you'd say something so..... dumb. erm

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

You can dismiss the claim as coming from Obi-Wan, but to dismiss it as not being supported by feats is ridiculous.

Fun fact: Pretty sure Fisto and Tiin disagree. He was all, "Wish Kenobi was handling this..." And Tiin was all, "We'll make do! Stop your complaining!"

Also, Kenobi called the group some of the "Best ever." This does not mean *every one* of the group qualifies for that, but just that it's a way you could describe the group. The group, y'know, with Mace Windu and Kit Fisto. He's probably primarily be thinking of them.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:07 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
Plus KenobiKhem Val could just be overestimating his for various reasons

quote:
The_Tempest

My genius is without limit!

quote:
Q99
Fun fact: Pretty sure Fisto and Tiin disagree. He was all, "Wish Kenobi was handling this..." And Tiin was all, "We'll make do! Stop your complaining!"

Fun fact: None of this (emphasis on none) contradicts Obi-Wan's opinion.

quote:
Q99
Also, Kenobi called the group some of the "Best ever." This does not mean *every one* of the group qualifies for that, but just that it's a way you could describe the group. The group, y'know, with Mace Windu and Kit Fisto. He's probably primarily be thinking of them.

Fun fact: Actually, he refers to them as "four of the greatest swordsmen our order has ever produced." Four referring to all four.

Fun fact: you apparently didn't read the book.

Fun fact: Sidious pwns Krayt.

quote:
The_Tempest

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:12 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
My genius is without limit!

How can you overestimate someone pulling a ****ing capital ship out of the sky, you silly man?

You can't 'overestimate' pulling a capital ship out of the sky. You remember them doing it. So they did it. Opinion doesn't factor into that at all.

Jesus. erm

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:18 AM
The_Tempest

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He could have been exaggerating to embellish the legend of a man he idolized.

Just imagine the grinch smirk here; I'm getting tired of posting it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 04:19 AM