KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » SUPERS OOC

SUPERS OOC
Started by: The Big O

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

SUPERS OOC

SUPERS is the revamped version of the Hero High series. While fans and participants from the previous series may recognize some similar elements, this story is vastly different from the originals.

PLOT

The first part of the story will center on a group of Supers (the name given to any person with ANY type of uncanny extra ability that makes them more than just human) who help others like them. The premise is simple but it’s the details that matter. First and foremost, if you are a main character, your age is between the ages of 13-19 years old. This is for the strict purpose that this should be the beginning of your character’s journey. Where everything starts. You aren’t necessarily new to your abilities but you are relatively new to the thought that there are many others like you in the world.

Another aspect of this is the fact that you work for an unknown person. This is how you know who needs saving. The identity of this person is kept from you all for a specific reason that isn’t particularly important right now. All that you need to know is that the person seems to have a vast amount of money and resources to help you all out on missions. You receive said missions at various points in the story. Also, you may not all be required to work together on a mission as some are covert and others require specific abilities to complete. However, there will be missions that require a large group to complete. Again, these will come at various points through the story.

However, the first part of the story will largely concern the group of supers as a whole. Their personal lives; what they do when they are not “working”; how they interact with each other; their outlook on their “job”; how they came about working for the nameless “benefactor”. Things that will give better insight to the characters and how they work as a team.

So, as you can see, this is a really open story. That is, until you get to the missions. In the interim between missions, you are free to live your lives the way you see fit. All that I ask is that you do nothing that impacts the story too heavily or endangers anyone’s characters unless you PM them or me personally to explain what you want to do. If you feel as if they will be a lack of action, you are both correct and incorrect. The first part of this has missions that will contain most of the action. But it is primarily a way to get to know each other’s characters so that we can get down to business in the second part (if it makes it that far.)

This is it for the most part. If I’m forgetting anything, I’ll post it as soon as I remember. Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Last edited by The Big O on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 12:38 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Question - is there actually a school? your description makes it sound like there isn't a Hero High. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 03:12 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I KNEW I was forgetting something. Then again, school DOES play a part in the story as a whole. However, I don't want to give out too many deets. I kinda want to see how it plays out via through the RP.

But to answer your question, Mel; there IS school. But I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as Hero High.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:56 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
Question - is there actually a school?

I pictured Mel raising his hand, for some reason.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 05:00 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

That would be a great question to ask in class.
*raises hand*
teacher: yes?
me: is there actually a school, or is it all metaphysical?
teacher: ...
big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:50 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

So many ideas!!! but I'll wait for someone else to make a character! Question is there magic in this world setting?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 09:36 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by MadMel
That would be a great question to ask in class.
*raises hand*
teacher: yes?
me: is there actually a school, or is it all metaphysical?
teacher: ...
big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:17 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

For all, intents and purposes, there is still magic. To use Ben as an example; original Ben was a powerful witch. With the magicks he had, he could achieve virtually any feat. However, he DID have years of experience under his belt. Also, he came into the series as an 18 year old kid and ended as a 24-25 year old witch-god (based on supposed skills and feats demonstrated in his walkabouts and battles.)

This new version of Ben will STILL have magic based powers, however, they will differ VASTLY from the original. He'll also be a lot younger than he was in the previous series. This effectively means less skill and experience. Its pretty much starting from scratch, so to speak.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:06 PM
starryknight

kk gonna make a magical girl :3

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 05:21 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

I'll make my characters once the CS is ready and up.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 06:04 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I don't think there should be anything fantastically magical, Starry. Magic should be on the same level as the previous series. I don'tr want this turning into other than what its supposed to be: relatively plausible, in a graphic novel type of way.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 06:41 PM
starryknight

yeah i was joking stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:05 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Ah. I gotcha. Although, I DO wonder what a Sailor Moon-esque heroine would like in a RP like this. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 09:10 PM
starryknight

magical sword Excalibur! the catalyst for the magical girls transformation, I put a lot of thought into it. you see, although Arthur was not able to use the full power of the sword because he was male (I don't know why magical items are sexist) he wa able to tap into some of its power. Reincarnated in present day as a girl, Althea is able to transform and the once and future king has returned!

This is what I think of instead of sleep lol.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 09:54 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by The Big O
Ah. I gotcha. Although, I DO wonder what a Sailor Moon-esque heroine would like in a RP like this. laughing out loud

Infuriatingly redundant by way of monumentally obscene over empowerment.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:53 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by starryknight
magical sword Excalibur! the catalyst for the magical girls transformation, I put a lot of thought into it. you see, although Arthur was not able to use the full power of the sword because he was male (I don't know why magical items are sexist) he wa able to tap into some of its power. Reincarnated in present day as a girl, Althea is able to transform and the once and future king has returned!
You better stop it with all the deets, unless this ISN'T a new character. Some people might try to work with this.....*cough*

Originally posted by Sacred 117
Infuriatingly redundant by way of monumentally obscene over empowerment.
Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but, thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 12:58 AM
The Big O
The Original O

This is what I DIDN'T want to happen. This isn't where characters are to be posted. They get sent to me via PM; I approve them that way; and you post them in the Character Archive.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 02:23 AM
Werewolf582

My apologies, Can't I have Ush change it?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 02:25 AM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

If you can get in contact with him and get him to agree to do it, you're more than welcome to try. But I ask that you read all instructions/notes and things of the such before you post something else.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 02:31 AM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

wooot ill post characters later

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 08:26 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote