KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Episode III for PS2/Xbox still the best game for saber fighting?

Is Episode III for PS2/Xbox still the best game for saber fighting?
Started by: Hero of Python

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Is Episode III for PS2/Xbox still the best game for saber fighting?

I remember playing this a ton when I still had my PS2 hooked up...Dooku and Anakin were my favorite characters to duel with.

Has anything since then replicated saber combat as well as that game? I played TFU and it didn't really come close.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Played it a couple weeks ago with my two female friends.

They took great joy killing Obi-Wan over and over again.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hero of Python
Deanmon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Played it a couple weeks ago with my two female friends.

They took great joy killing Obi-Wan over and over again.

The alternate storyline was one of the better parts of that game. Suitless Vader + black robes and a red saber alone were worth it.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

No, by far, it goes to Jedi Academy, the best saber fighting in existence.

As for realism, there was a Star Wars game that had random Jedi, threw a lightsaber at them and they died, hit them once, they died, think it was for the PS2/Xbox/Xbox 360.

TFU on the PSP has pretty good saber battles and physics.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I still prefer Jedi Academy's dueling mechanics. Had some good times with the RotS game though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For lethality, definitely Jedi Academy.

I still think ROTS got the "flair" of the choreography the closest though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:44 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Cin Drallig and Kenobi were both pretty overgunned in that game, tbh. Yoda was practically useless, thinking about it.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Serra was fun. Killing Mace was fun as well.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:55 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Cin for some reason was stupidly fast. Like, he literally created afterimages with his attacks when no one else did, and his "strong" attack (Y or Triangle) was faster than a lot of guy's "quick" attack (X or Square) tbh.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:58 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Didn't Anakin ragdoll or choke out Mace in one of the cutscenes?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 15th, 2015 03:59 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Cin for some reason was stupidly fast. Like, he literally created afterimages with his attacks when no one else did, and his "strong" attack (Y or Triangle) was faster than a lot of guy's "quick" attack (X or Square) tbh.

It seems fitting considering he's the Battlemaster and his focus is on lightsaber combat, so why wouldn't he have a fast attack?

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Cin shouldn't make Yoda look like a slow poke.

@Carthage yeah, he gripped and threw Mace into another room before they started fighting. To be fair, Mace wasn't even trying to fight Anakin until he did that.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:03 AM
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Originally posted by carthage
Didn't Anakin ragdoll or choke out Mace in one of the cutscenes?

I don't remember ragdolling but he tired Mace out, forced Mace into a corner, parried his last assault, and then blasted him out a window to his death.

Yeah I forgot about Jedi Academy. I actually tried hard to get good at that...people who were skilled could get fights that looked close to the movies. Still like someone said I think Ep III got the choreography down much better, even if the mechanics weren't as polished.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:04 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Cin for some reason was stupidly fast. Like, he literally created afterimages with his attacks when no one else did,

LOL I remember that. I didn't know anything about him when I played the game so I thought this guy must be like the fastest duelist ever. big grin

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The Cin/Serra fight was the hardest in the game, too.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:08 AM
Hero of Python
Deanmon

Originally posted by Sinious
LOL I remember that. I didn't know anything about him when I played the game so I thought this guy must be like the fastest duelist ever. big grin

I finished the game long before I saw the movie (which was weird...they had the game come out a month before the film), and so I was all hyped waiting for the big Anakin vs Sera/Cin/Mace fight. Was a bit disappointed XD

I also missed that clip the game used for the Dooku fight where Lee says "just because there are two of you do not assume you have the advantage." Made Dooku seem like more of a badass.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:08 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Wait.. what? The game came out before the movie? How is that even possible? lol

The Cin/Serra fight was the hardest in the game, too.

Meh, I don't think it was the hardest tbh.

I wish they had Yoda in the multiplayer section as well. He would probably be really bad to play with against Grievous though.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Jedi Academy easily.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:27 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Yoda sucked in the game. He only had one mission and it was boring and the clones who were like Ninjas were much harder to defeat using Yoda but with Obi-wan I easily slaughtered them like come on.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post May 15th, 2015 04:49 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

You're all wrong, that damn Magna-guard level was terrible in RoTS screw that. Good game though. Cin was my favorite character there.

And as for the best lightsaber game. Jedi academy was so good, even if I always just spammed force choke stick out tongue

People won't remember it, but Star Wars: Obi-Wan has a special place in my nerdy heart as does Jedi Outcast. Great games.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote