KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Legends Canon: Several novels about the same thing?

Legends Canon: Several novels about the same thing?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Question Legends Canon: Several novels about the same thing?

Okay, so we have a bunch of fights that are referenced in sourcebooks, guides and the like. Obviously there we mention it all right?

Well, i've ran into a problem myself when reading about QGJ, or rather the TPM fight with Maul. There are about....

4-5 novels about The Phantom Menace and the fight between QGJ, all depicting the fight very differently.

The Phantom Menace Novelization

The Phantom Menace Junior Novelization

Episode One 1 Adventures: The Final Battle

Darth Maul: End Game

The Journal of Darth Maul.

And the Movie of course.

so with the movie taking higher place in everything, where does that lead the other novels? do we take them all seriously? are just a select few?

Like-wise, we have Kyle Katarn's novels that completely contradict what the original game depicted, as well as what the sourcebooks and guide said of him.

idk, I'd personally add all depictions of the scene to my RT, but i just wanna get a fee for what people think about this and stuff.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

The Force Unleashed Video Game, Comic book, and Novel all depict things differently as well

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 05:39 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

For the most part I believe, we don't take the Video Games as what actually happened considering...well majority of it, is up to the player. Well except for the cutscenes anyway, but I mean as far as game fights and such go.

This is where the novelizations of the games and the like come in, which are more clear and not muddled with game stuff and what not.

As far as the Maul fight, goes something like this me thinks.

Movie > TPM novel/jr > Other.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

It doesn't matter anymore. They are all legends and their is only one canon!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

LMFAO ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote