KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So going by Filoni's "levels"

So going by Filoni's "levels"
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

So going by Filoni's "levels"

He said Kanan and the crew are Level 3, maybe reached Level 4 End of season 1. Vader is a whopping level 80. Where would you rank other Jedi/Sith using this level, assuming level 100 is the max?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:05 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

It was fun downplaying Bane while it lasted, but he would rape the Ghost crew.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:13 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not if they bring some mercenaries

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
He said Kanan and the crew are Level 3, maybe reached Level 4 End of season 1. Vader is a whopping level 80. Where would you rank other Jedi/Sith using this level, assuming level 100 is the max?

Convenient he gave Vader an 80, when Lucas said Vader was 80% of Palpatine. Guess everyone's "level" is their percentage measurement against Palpatine's 100.

Anyway I guess that puts Old Ben in the 70-75 range. He was after all stalemating Vader in ANH.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

^
As I remember, you consider Vader as stronger then Dooku or Mace. So, at that point is Ben equal or superior to them as well? And what's Maul's % in your opinion?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 09:04 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Personally I find this whole "levels" thing to be kind of dumb. NOBODY performs at their absolute best every single time. Even Man. United have bad games sometimes. Conversely look at Scout's match against Chizzik, she notes that usually they were about even but he was on especially good form that day.

Even if we assume that said characters are at their "usual" level, there's still a ton of other factors to consider. Environmental hazards, location, other priorities, tactics, etc. It's not as simple as "A is level 7 and B is level 6 so A wins."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 09:05 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

^
Yeah, sure thing. That's why Obi-Wan was able to to fight equally with Maul and Savage at once. Same thing might be told about Mace and Sora's duel.
But overall, Mace is above Sora, and brothers combined are far above Kenobi.

But basing on all feats and statements, we should be able to succesfully rank those all guys.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 09:19 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
^
As I remember, you consider Vader as stronger then Dooku or Mace. So, at that point is Ben equal or superior to them as well? And what's Maul's % in your opinion?

It's hard to compare different generations tbh which is why I largely avoid those debates nowadays. But I do think Vader probably has superior Tk to Dooku or Windu. And don't forget I'm still rating Old Ben a bit below Vader.

Maul was pretty equal to Late TCW/ROTS Kenobi last we saw him. No idea how good he'll be when we see him next.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Re: Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Convenient he gave Vader an 80, when Lucas said Vader was 80% of Palpatine.

What's even more interesting is that 80 split in half is 40, which is the age Kasdan was when he wrote ESB!

Half Life 3 confirmed.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

100: Palpatine, Luke

90: Vitiate, Yoda

80: Vader, Windu

70: Ob-wan, Maul

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 11:37 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'm pretty sure Filoni was just exaggerating to make his point that Vader's way above them. It shouldn't be used as an official power level.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 12:08 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

100 Palpatine, Plagueis, Caedus

50 Kolar, Malgus, Ulic

10 Commander Gree, Sora Bulq, Darth Reave

1 The Inquisitor, Kanan, Ezra

-100 Vitiate, Nihilus, Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 12:30 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

@ KJ
Who knows, in other interview, he stated Vader to be level 50:

http://www.starwars.com/news/interv...s-rebels-part-3

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 12:38 AM
The Merchant

Well it should be used.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 12:41 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I'm pretty sure Filoni was just exaggerating to make his point that Vader's way above them. It shouldn't be used as an official power level.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 01:24 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Convenient he gave Vader an 80, when Lucas said Vader was 80% of Palpatine. Guess everyone's "level" is their percentage measurement against Palpatine's 100.

Anyway I guess that puts Old Ben in the 70-75 range. He was after all stalemating Vader in ANH.

It's a coincidence. In another quote he said Kanan was a level 5 and Vader was like a "level 50 or so". Clearly it was just a random number.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 03:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's a coincidence. In another quote he said Kanan was a level 5 and Vader was like a "level 50 or so". Clearly it was just a random number.

I know. They usually are random numbers. In fact I'm sure Lucas's own 80% of Palpatine was also pretty random and not an exact Official rating.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 02:21 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Re: Re: Re: Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

Take it about as seriously as power levels in Dragon Ball/Yu Yu Hakusho either way.

Because that's basically what "percentage of Sidious" or "RPG levels" are.

Always got a chuckle out of people trying to derive how powerful characters are via power levels by taking percentage of such and such's power level compared to another's.

As if the relationship was treated as linear.

That's how you end up with planet razing farmer with shotgun :maybe

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 02:47 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Re: So going by Filoni's "levels"

Originally posted by The Merchant

Where did Filoni say that?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

In an interview on the season finale of Rebels.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 06:35 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote