KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jedi clone speculation

Jedi clone speculation
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Jedi clone speculation

In old canon, clones of Force-sensitives were Force sensitive as well. Perhaps now with new canon, to make the Force special, a clone of a Jedi will be that being but without the Force. Does that sound right?

Old Post May 27th, 2015 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Or just no cloning Jedi how about that?

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Cloning force-users was unreliable.

Jarael was made using Arca Jeth's DNA. She ended up a non-force sensitive badass.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Jedi clone speculation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
In old canon, clones of Force-sensitives were Force sensitive as well. Perhaps now with new canon, to make the Force special, a clone of a Jedi will be that being but without the Force. Does that sound right?

In the old canon, you had to be a serious expert in genetic/living force to do that kind of thing.
Darth Rivan level requiered at minimum.....

Optimum Plagueis Knowledge or ancient sith Knowledge.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Im sure in new canon universe, the Kaminoans may have been contemplating it. I would.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Or just no cloning Jedi how about that?

That would be incredibly boring and close off a ton of great story possibilities.

Luke vs. Luuka was AWESOME! I love the old "hero fights his double" story. The fact that Luuke used Luke's first lightsabre was icing on the cake.

Or Starkiller taking on an army of his own deformed, insane clones. That was EPIC!

They should definitely re-use those plots (or something similar) in the so-called "new canon."

Old Post May 27th, 2015 04:52 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by chilled monkey
That would be incredibly boring and close off a ton of great story possibilities.

Luke vs. Luuka was AWESOME! I love the old "hero fights his double" story. The fact that Luuke used Luke's first lightsabre was icing on the cake.

Or Starkiller taking on an army of his own deformed, insane clones. That was EPIC!

They should definitely re-use those plots (or something similar) in the so-called "new canon."

Eh yeah, but just cloning Force Users to me would make it less special. Besides then, why wouldn't someone just clone an army of em?....

Then again that'll probably come up at some point in the new canon, so I guess it's possible.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I always kinda thought that if they cloned someone, they would retain the skills they learned, but the force would be very unstable in them seeing as how the clone was born unnaturally. just my two cents

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Eh yeah, but just cloning Force Users to me would make it less special. Besides then, why wouldn't someone just clone an army of em?....

They already answered that in both the Thrawn Trilogy and The Force Unleashed II. It was explained that clone Force-users normally go completely insane.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 09:29 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Then again that'll probably come up at some point in the new canon, so I guess it's possible.
an era of the Galaxy where a Sith makes a clone army of a famous Jedi and raises them all to be Sith and declares war on the Galaxy. It could work

Old Post May 27th, 2015 10:00 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

So many clone stories exist int eh EU already.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post May 27th, 2015 11:07 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by chilled monkey
They already answered that in both the Thrawn Trilogy and The Force Unleashed II. It was explained that clone Force-users normally go completely insane.

Yeah, but in this new EU that could not be an issue. I mean again, don't have many problems with it, just I think it would be kinda cheap.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 11:21 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I always kinda thought that if they cloned someone, they would retain the skills they learned, but the force would be very unstable in them seeing as how the clone was born unnaturally. just my two cents

Nah, the Force sees all people differently and uniquely. I also don't think being born unnaturally factors into anything.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 11:51 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah, the Force sees all people differently and uniquely. I also don't think being born unnaturally factors into anything.

Well, the Riptide novel(which goes into the Thrawn era clones as well) states that the clone's can handle the force within them because it's unnatural(my words not the books) and if they aren't injected with a highly concentrated concoction of drugs they die and go mental.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Being a clone of someone does not grant you their memories and skills. Cloning a force sensitive does present some challenges and difficulties for sure, ie. the aberration clones of Galen Marek, and most of the clones in Riptide. There is such a thing as successful cloning of a force sensitive, such as Soldier and the Dark Apprentice Clone.

Lumiya actually had her own POV on why Sidious's clone bodies kept degenerating. IIRC, she said that they hadn't developed and grown accustomed to the dark side over the course of years as Sheev's original body had.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 28th, 2015 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Being a clone of someone does not grant you their memories and skills.

You're precious, why don't you Tell that to the Iteration clone of Jaden and The Dark Apprentice

Old Post May 28th, 2015 02:57 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You're precious, why don't you Tell that to the Iteration clone of Jaden and The Dark Apprentice

Iteration literally had Jaden's consciousness transferred into it through the mindspear. Fair point about the Galen Marek Clones, but they also had the added effects of flash training which largely contributed to those Galen flashbacks iirc.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It was actually due to the acceleration process of the Clones, not so much the training. They went from infancy to adult in just weeks, it's also noted that it was experimental and they hadn't worked out all the kinks yet. The Dark Apprentice was the full and only true result of all that work.

Tbh Vader had it down right then, which is impressive considering he could have grown an army of them within weeks since it had been perfected...but with all the cloning stuff destroyed, there was only 1.

In fact, just realized. The Kaminoans just got blown out of the water as far as cloning went by the Empire, which that is pretty impressive when you think about it.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 28th, 2015 at 03:17 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:10 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Iteration literally had Jaden's consciousness transferred into it through the mindspear.

No, my good friend, it wasn't. Before hand the Iteration remembered everything Jaden had done up till that point. Remember? Nyss awoke him and the Iteration had to answer questions?

Old Post May 28th, 2015 04:25 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, my good friend, it wasn't. Before hand the Iteration remembered everything Jaden had done up till that point. Remember? Nyss awoke him and the Iteration had to answer questions?

There's an entire army of clones that know almost nothing of Jango Fett, and the Marek clones were all taught about Marek's life. It's likely the same was done for Jaden's.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on May 28th, 2015 at 07:25 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2015 07:17 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote