KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Bible. Myth or Reality?

The Bible. Myth or Reality?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAEpc1zhcuo

As a Gnostic Christian I see literal reading of the Bible as a gross distortion of what the Bible was written to do. That being to inspire people to seek God and his best laws and rules. Literal readers just become idol worshipers and do not seek God the way Jesus instructed.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Literal reading has created and idol worshiping closed minded people who have settled for an immoral God whom we name as a demiurge as his morals, if literally true, are more satanic than God like.

Literal reading has also created a climate where scholars and experts, historians and archeologist, and all the academically well accepted information they uncover, --- is being ignored or called lies by those who are not academics of the various disciplines.

What is the point of producing good academics if literalists are going to ignore facts because of blind faith?

Remember please that if not a book of myths, then real talking serpents are somehow supposed to still exist and believers have to believe in a lot of supernatural phenomenon without any evidence whatsoever. Literalist Christians, it seems to me, have suspended rational judgement that has created in Christians a new Dark Age of thought and an Inquisitional attitude towards all other thinking. They no longer seek God and are true idol worshipers instead of the God seekers that Jesus wanted to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBxFXQy7-M

Do you think the Bible to be a book of myths or a book trying to show reality and history?

Regards
DL

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:02 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The bible is a collection of popular writings of the past. Most of the bible is fictional stories based on mythology and popular culture of the time it was written.

The bible is not a history book.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:37 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

No argument.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 01:06 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am
No argument.

Regards
DL

We agree on so much.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 01:47 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

just going to blab something about the council of Nicea.

your welcome

Old Post May 25th, 2015 06:08 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
We agree on so much.

We could never marry.

Marriage without fights to make up after is a boring marriage.

Just kidding.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:15 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
just going to blab something about the council of Nicea.

your welcome

Let's see how well that went for those not in favor of that councils decisions.

A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do so that I promote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0...;list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alR...player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:17 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The bible is a collection of popular writings of the past. Most of the bible is fictional stories based on mythology and popular culture of the time it was written.

The bible is not a history book.

thumb up

But myth is not a bad thing. Myth is something more powerful than reality.

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
thumb up

But myth is not a bad thing. Myth is something more powerful than reality.

I agree that it can be but loses most if not all it's value if read literally.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 25th, 2015 03:25 PM
bluewaterrider

Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Remember please that if not a book of myths, then real talking serpents are somehow supposed to still exist and believers have to believe in a lot of supernatural phenomenon without any evidence whatsoever.

I don't see how you're arriving at your conclusions.

I believe dolphins once swam along the Yangtze River, a body of fresh water in China, though nearly all species of dolphin we know of today live in salt water.

If some 80 year old Chinese man told me:

"I used to swim these waters as a boy. I once played with a dolphin here"

I wouldn't say "Old Man, you are lying. How could a dolphin live in freshwater? Can you show me such a thing? No? Then get out of my face. I don't see such a thing today. Nobody sees such a thing today. Therefore, you are lying. If ever there were dolphins swimming in this here Yangtze River, there would STILL be dolphins swimming here in this Yangtze River. Go and take your medicine."

Old Post May 26th, 2015 11:12 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Talking snakes! laughing

I hear that talking snakes are good friends with unicorns, and cavemen who ride dinosaurs.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 11:37 PM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I don't see how you're arriving at your conclusions.

I believe dolphins once swam along the Yangtze River, a body of fresh water in China, though nearly all species of dolphin we know of today live in salt water.

If some 80 year old Chinese man told me:

"I used to swim these waters as a boy. I once played with a dolphin here"

I wouldn't say "Old Man, you are lying. How could a dolphin live in freshwater? Can you show me such a thing? No? Then get out of my face. I don't see such a thing today. Nobody sees such a thing today. Therefore, you are lying. If ever there were dolphins swimming in this here Yangtze River, there would STILL be dolphins swimming here in this Yangtze River. Go and take your medicine."

One unproven claim is one thing.

Many unproven claim quite another and to claim we have to do what this unproven claim says we should is quite foolish. Right?

Especially when the same book making the claim says that the claim is unfathomable and unknowable as it tells you all it knows of the unknowable claim.

Do you see the utter stupidity in believing what itself says cannot be known?

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 01:50 PM
Greatest I am

Talking snakes! laughing

I hear that talking snakes are good friends with unicorns, and cavemen who ride dinosaurs.

Jesus was not a caveman but young earthers have him ridding them. They were all on the arc.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 01:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Myth.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 01:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by quanchi112
Myth.

Myths of a moral God or something else?

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 02:06 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Myths of a moral God or something else?

Regards
DL
Watch zeitgeist.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 02:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Watch zeitgeist.

Jesus was a mushroom is not the issue.

Could you opine for those without that kind of time?

A short quick one will do.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 02:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Jesus was a mushroom is not the issue.

Could you opine for those without that kind of time?

A short quick one will do.

Regards
DL
What ?

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:12 PM
Greatest I am

What ?

I guess not.

Regards
DL

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What ?

laughing

'Greatest I am' has a video about Jesus being a mushroom (hallucinogenic).

Old Post May 27th, 2015 03:52 PM