KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

The rumours are now confirmed, the next Assassin's Creed game will be a pirate game:

(please log in to view the image)

Further rumours claim that we will be playing Edward Kenway, the father of Haythan and grandfather of Connor. Seeing as the best parts of AC3 were the hours spent with Haythan in the beginning and the ship sections this looks promising.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 12:52 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini

Further rumours claim that we will be playing Edward Kenway, the father of Haythan and grandfather of Connor. Seeing as the best parts of AC3 were the hours spent with Haythan in the beginning and the ship sections this looks promising.

Disagreed. Those early parts of AC3 with Haytham were the hardest to get through to finally get to Connor. Ship sections were a lot of fun, though.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 07:44 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

As long as the game is all about ships and ship battles are in multiplayer, I'm sold.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 01:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Hope Ubisoft focuses more on the single-player story and less on the multi-player portion. And despite the fact that this sounds pretty cool I wonder how this will tie in with the rest of the AC-verse considering Desmond's story is over.

Though I am curious as to how Haytham was converted so this might give some insight on it. I'm also suprised that Ubisoft is going backwards instead of finishing of Connor's genetic memory.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:56 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hope this means more ship battles. Best part of ACIII.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I actually really disliked the ship battle parts...so meh.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:47 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Hope Ubisoft focuses more on the single-player story and less on the multi-player portion. And despite the fact that this sounds pretty cool I wonder how this will tie in with the rest of the AC-verse considering Desmond's story is over.

Though I am curious as to how Haytham was converted so this might give some insight on it. I'm also suprised that Ubisoft is going backwards instead of finishing of Connor's genetic memory.

In my opinion, just leave Desmond behind, use the genetic memory as the game interface, and stick to playing historical characters.

Also, Connor was boring. Not even Those Who Came Before cared what happened to him after he finished his part of the plan.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:53 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The PS3 version will be getting exclusive content

http://au.gamespot.com/news/assassi...content-6404614

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
The PS3 version will be getting exclusive content

http://au.gamespot.com/news/assassi...content-6404614

Enough with the exclusive content BS already. I may own a PS3 but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be disgusted by these silly marketing schemes favoring one system over the other when the game being advertised is multiplatform.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 1st, 2013 at 06:01 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 05:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

We don't need more boat battles.. we need better land plots and assassiny gameplay.

What bugs me is how its not AC3. Each whole number was in a different time period, when this is only like 50 years back and likely in a similar era setting.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 08:05 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by General Kaliero
In my opinion, just leave Desmond behind, use the genetic memory as the game interface, and stick to playing historical characters.

Also, Connor was boring. Not even Those Who Came Before cared what happened to him after he finished his part of the plan.

Connor was boring but not finding out how his story actually ended is a bit of a letdown. I also find it funny that Connor was the only playable anscestor not to be the leader of anything.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 08:55 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

So no french revolution? **** that that shit then.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 12:15 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

At first, I thought this was a very early April Fool's joke.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 03:18 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Phanteros
So no french revolution? **** that that shit then.

Yeah, I was still holding out hope for a game set in that era.

At least we finally got a female protagonist in an AC game...but still no French Revolution.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 03:46 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Impediment
At first, I thought this was a very early April Fool's joke.

Same. Similar to Bungie's pirate game they announced many years ago in the middle of either Halo 2 or Halo 3's development.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 05:25 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 05:30 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Looks cool but I still wish that Ubisoft took the 4 out. Considering this is back before AC3 it seems odd.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:39 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah. I've never seen a prequel with a later number entry. It should have just been called Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 02:07 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also read this one will be getting a release on the next gen console along with the current ones.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 05:39 AM