KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Korriban Weakening as a Power Source Quote?

Korriban Weakening as a Power Source Quote?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Korriban Weakening as a Power Source Quote?

So I've heard this from a few people, but seeing as how Korriban is a pretty popular vacation spot for authors and comics, I just can't go through that much reading material. So what exactly is the quote? Is it something that's been exaggerated ala Shaak Ti supposedly fighting Vader?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

In the first Darth Bane book Bane goes in search of ancient Sith spirits but doesn't find any. He think that the Sith have become so weak the ancient spirits don't bother anymore. Later he goes to Lehon(the Rakatan planet) and he thinks the Dark side aura is much stronger there than on Korriban.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It's stated in Path of Destruction and Book of Sith a couple times.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 11:51 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

"Korriban has lost potency over the past 7,000 years, but it still whispers of dark secrets."--Darth Sidious (Book of Sith)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2015 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aurbere
"Korriban has lost potency over the past 7,000 years, but it still whispers of dark secrets."--Darth Sidious (Book of Sith)

Ah, aha! That's the quote then. Interesting, I'm going to assume that there's no way of knowing by just how much that power decreased, yeah?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ah, aha! That's the quote then. Interesting, I'm going to assume that there's no way of knowing by just how much that power decreased, yeah?

Based off of just that, no I don't think so. Though I'm sure there are other quotes out there giving at least something in that regard. I have time tomorrow, so I'll dig and get back to you on it. thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Based off of just that, no I don't think so. Though I'm sure there are other quotes out there giving at least something in that regard. I have time tomorrow, so I'll dig and get back to you on it. thumb up

oh oh no no no no no lol, please don't waste your time on that. I do really appreciate the gesture tho embarrasment

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 01:44 AM
Aurbere

oh oh no no no no no lol, please don't waste your time on that. I do really appreciate the gesture tho embarrasment

It's no trouble at all. Heaven knows I need something to do tomorrow, lol. I'm actually interested in the question as well, so maybe I'll look into it for my own reasons and possibly post my findings here. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 01:58 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

It's no trouble at all. Heaven knows I need something to do tomorrow, lol. I'm actually interested in the question as well, so maybe I'll look into it for my own reasons and possibly post my findings here. stick out tongue

Oh, oki doky. Yeah, go ahead. :3

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 02:04 AM
Aurbere

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but:

He remembered the first time he'd set foot on Korriban. He'd sensed the power of the world: Korriban was alive with the dark side. Yet the feeling had been faint and distant. During his time at the Academy he'd grown so accustomed to the almost subconscious hum that he barely even noticed it anymore.

When he'd left the temple and the starport behind, he'd expected that feeling to grow stronger. With each step drawing him closer to the Valley of the Dark Lords he thought he'd feel the dark side growing in its intensity.

Instead he'd felt nothing. No noticeable change at all. He was only a few kilometers away from the valley's entrance; he could see the shaded outlines of the nearest tombs carved from the stone walls. And still the dark side was no stronger than a hollow echo, no more than the lingering memory of distant words spoken in the distant past.

(Path of Destruction)

Seems to imply that Korriban wasn't that strong in the Force during Bane's time. I'll keep digging if that's not it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 12:54 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but:

He remembered the first time he'd set foot on Korriban. He'd sensed the power of the world: Korriban was alive with the dark side. Yet the feeling had been faint and distant. During his time at the Academy he'd grown so accustomed to the almost subconscious hum that he barely even noticed it anymore.

When he'd left the temple and the starport behind, he'd expected that feeling to grow stronger. With each step drawing him closer to the Valley of the Dark Lords he thought he'd feel the dark side growing in its intensity.

Instead he'd felt nothing. No noticeable change at all. He was only a few kilometers away from the valley's entrance; he could see the shaded outlines of the nearest tombs carved from the stone walls. And still the dark side was no stronger than a hollow echo, no more than the lingering memory of distant words spoken in the distant past.

(Path of Destruction)

Seems to imply that Korriban wasn't that strong in the Force during Bane's time. I'll keep digging if that's not it.

Thanks, Aury, I just wanted to see if it came from one source or multiple sources.

It's odd actually, because the Jedi feel the dark side on Korriban strongly

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:33 AM
Aurbere

Thanks, Aury, I just wanted to see if it came from one source or multiple sources.

It's odd actually, because the Jedi feel the dark side on Korriban strongly

You're welcome!

I assume that the Jedi would call any source of darkness strong, since they aren't used to it. But that's my assumption.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:59 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

You're welcome!

I assume that the Jedi would call any source of darkness strong, since they aren't used to it. But that's my assumption.

Yeah that's what I thought too. And it was PT Jedi too :mmm:

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 03:16 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Korriban apparently became more powerful again following the Clone Wars for a brief period of time?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 09:58 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by SunRazer
Korriban apparently became more powerful again following the Clone Wars for a brief period of time?

Interesting, mind if i ask what the quote/source is. If you can't be bothered to post the full quote, i can just go through the source itself. big grin thanks in advance

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:30 PM
Revanchiste

You see there is history written on the monuments, Koriban was glorious before ebing destroyed by the Jedi + after 1 000 years under the weather conditions without any rennovation... Most of the inscription have been lost or erased...
Only Darth Revan begin some hudge restauration projetcs, on of them was an academmy of thirsty sth acolyte that would search knowledge for him...
After that Malak betray him, the sith academmy just go wild and again the plannet lost a part of the Dark Knowledge and secret that reinforce the aura of the plannet...
Sith holocrons taken away from the surface... And the new sith had a nice looting time.

+ Jedi archeologists are taking have been salavaging Korriban from it holocron too...

And Holocron does matter because Malachor V was already a small Dark side enxus that seduced Revan to the Dark side 4 years before the Battle of Malachor V thank to the trayus academmy..

+The brotherhood of Darkness that did the same thing that new the new sith have done.

+Even more Jedi archeology....

So Sidious bane and vader found on Korriban combined.. just look so ridiculous compare to what Darth Revan found, Revan was searching a ritual cappble of killing Vitiate forever....
or rather I say a way to craft this ritual... Until he find psychics bombs....
That's why he create new sith rituals.... He was teching up his force power and sith sorcery...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote