KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Legends Works: New Jedi Order Forms help[Discussion Thread]

Legends Works: New Jedi Order Forms help[Discussion Thread]
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Legends Works: New Jedi Order Forms help[Discussion Thread]

So, Hi everyone! My name's Fated Xtasy, as you all know I've created several RT's in the last year and this year as well. One of my very first respect threads was the Jaden Korr Respect Thread & the Jaden Korr Lightsaber Form Overview

So, lately and as seen here

I've been getting into the NJO era, mostly due to Kyle Katarn, Anakin, Tahiri and Others.

Now, i wanted this to be a surprise, but I'm actually working on making a better thread that analyses the forms of the New Jedi Order and how they work. I do this mostly because i'm tired of most youtubers and people making this broad generalization that that era has the traditional forms as part of their training, which obviously isn't true.

What i need help with, is basically getting what you guys make of the following excerpts from The Book of Sith.

There are two key forms of Lightsaber combat a sith must master: Strong Style and Fast Style. The latter emphasizes footwork, speed, precision and acrobatics. With some exceptions—such as the tactics of my own apprentice—Fast Style is rarely suited for a sith. The Dark Side supplies us with strength, and that strength must be used. Hate makes us powerful.

Strong Style is expressed as Djem So—an ancient philosophy that requires you to combine your body weight and your muscular strength with the energizing drug of anger so that the execution of your blows will land with enough force to crack armor.
—The Book of the Sith.

Obviously there's much much more, but i feel this is enough for you guys to get the idea.

So, I'm wondering what you all think about this, is this simply saying that Fast Style is Ataru and strong style is Djem So? or do you all think this would be worthy of mention in my upcoming thread for these forms?

Guys, i really want to get everyone's truest and non trolly opinion on this, so that we can have a better idea of what the NJO Jedi are really like as duelists. So your opinion in this is critical. Thank you so much for reading through this giant wall of text and hopefully, we can get a discussion rolling. Have a pleasant night ya'll.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Bane's definition of the strong and fast style are not remotely the same as Luke's.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 03:28 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Bane's definition of the strong and fast style are not remotely the same as Luke's.

How do you figure?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Bane is referring to Ataru and Djem So. Luke's version of the fast style is apparently highly defensive, which is basically the opposite of Ataru.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 11:37 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bane was referring to Soresu when he said fast style :/

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
I've been getting into the NJO era, mostly due to Kyle Katarn, Anakin, Tahiri and Others.

Nice. Do you plan on doing Anakin Solo / Tahiri Veila respect threads in the near future?

And also, tbh, JediXman is working on a Katarn RT. Not sure if you want to waste your tme.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

IMO I think he was talking about Djem So as the strong style.
And Ataru or Juyo as the fast style.

As far as duelists not as good as the original eras before them.
Luke is on a FUL amp and the others are like ordinary Jedi with no real serious threat to himself
or Jaina Solo.

The respect threads were awesome.

Last edited by juyomaster34 on Jul 29th, 2015 at 05:21 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:18 AM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

Luke did OK with creating Fast,Medium, and Strong Styles.
If I was Luke I would have taught Soresu, Ataru, and Djem So.
Teach their correct names instead of calling them fast,medium,and strong style.

Obi Wan left notes on Soresu, Ataru, and Shii Cho, I think.
And Yoda taught him Ataru. I might be mistaken. So correct me if I'm wrong.
The classic 7 and the unorthodox ones are still great to use.

I would love to see The classic 7 and the unorthodox ones vs Fast,Medium,and Strong Style.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:48 AM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Nice. Do you plan on doing Anakin Solo / Tahiri Veila respect threads in the near future?[/B]

Yeah, Tahiri, Annie, Kam, Tionne, Tenel Ka and Zekk are all going to have RTs for sure.

I'm considering Lowbacca, but eh.

quote:

And also, tbh, JediXman is working on a Katarn RT. Not sure if you want to waste your tme.

Oh, i know. I mostly meant it as in I have an interest in his character and lightsaber style. Besides i can still make a lightsaber style overview thread.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:48 AM
juyomaster34

Don't forget The Rings of Defense.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:55 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by juyomaster34
Don't forget The Rings of Defense.

Oh, I wouldn't dare. I was actually nearing the begining of starting the Kam Solusar thread but unfortunately the Audio drama for Dark Empire 2 got taken down.

Thank you for the nice comment Juyomaster.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:57 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane was referring to Soresu when he said fast style :/

There are two key forms of lightsaber combat a Sith must master: Strong style and Fast style. The latter emphasizes footwork, speed, precision, and acrobatics.

-Darth Bane

That's textbook Ataru. thumb up

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 12:29 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah, Tahiri, Annie, Kam, Tionne, Tenel Ka and Zekk are all going to have RTs for sure..

I ****ing love Tenel Ka. And Anakin x Tahiri too.

I look forward to the threads. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I ****ing love Tenel Ka.

Lol IKR. "ah, aha" and "this is a fact" has worked itself into my everyday language stick out tongue

quote:
And Anakin x Tahiri too.

thumb up

quote:
I look forward to the threads. thumb up [/B]

Thank you, and I look forward to your Jacen Solo thread.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 02:40 AM
juyomaster34

hey,What style Jaina Solo was studing when she combined it with Boba's Mandalorian training?
Was it Juyo?
A combination of Fast,Medium,Strong,
Or some no name hybridizations of the aboved mentioned?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 10:33 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

hey,What style Jaina Solo was studing when she combined it with Boba's Mandalorian training?
Was it Juyo?
A combination of Fast,Medium,Strong,
Or some no name hybridizations of the aboved mentioned?

Hmm, I actually believe that her style's the medium style as Caedus refers to it as simplistic yet aggressive. Her training with Boba's mandalorians likely helped her develop that savage nature.

As of now, i've (sorta) figured out a few NJO characters' fighting style.

Jaina = Aggressive Medium Style(likely used the medium style as a base and went on to incorporate elements of Boba's training and Strong style)

Tionne = Fast Style, defensive variant.

Jaden = All forms with an emphasis on Fast Style(aggressive and defensive variant)

Caedus = Medium style as of YYJ and NJO, Dmb says Caedus' style in the caedus books is strong style i'm unsure.

Tenel Ka = Fast Style. Make the most sense since overextending herself with the medium style wouldn't suit her given her injury.

That's it

Last edited by Fated Xtasy on Aug 2nd, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 11:23 PM
juyomaster34

cool,umm what about the inventor of the 3 rings, Kam Solusar.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 12:45 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

cool,umm what about the inventor of the 3 rings, Kam Solusar.

Unsure to be perfectly honest. On one side he was a Battlemaster, that would grant him knowledge of the Three styles. That said, i haven't seen him use a saber so I will have to get back to you on that.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 12:51 AM
juyomaster34

cool beans, I'm trying to have an open mind on the NJO.
It's not easy but I respect what you're doing so.

hey,The beasts of the Star Wars EU .
Vornskrs,Rancors,Krayt Dragons,vaapads,mynocks, hawkbats,
and bat-falcons, drexels,kath hounds. etc.

We need to discuss the wildlife in Starwars.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 01:06 AM