KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » OR Era Hype

OR Era Hype
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

OR Era Hype

Post the most retarded or unnecessary examples of hype from the OR era, especially TOR.

I'll make a thread for other eras later.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 12:51 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiate eating 8000 Sith.

Also, butthurt alert?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Anything with the words "millions" and "Sith" in the same sentence.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate eating 8000 Sith.

Also, butthurt alert?

Nope. I can make one for every era eventually.

Also, why would I be butthurt when I played so much of TOR and all of KotOR/KotOR II? And read all of the OR era.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:05 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I dunno, why are you getting mad over it?

I'll add in Tulak Hord accidentally soloing 1000 Jedi because no one looked closely enough at what they were saying.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not mad, just curious to see other people's thoughts. As I said, I can do it for any other era. Don't worry, PT comes in second for the hype wars.

How about all the "godlike", "more powerful than you can imagine" birthday cards Vitiate got?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:10 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Nephthys

I'll add in Tulak Hord accidentally soloing 1000 Jedi because no one looked closely enough at what they were saying.

Yeah, that is probably the most ridiculous one.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The KotOR series isn't exempt from this, so I expect to see KotOR II quotes popping up soon.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:19 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SunRazer
How about all the "godlike", "more powerful than you can imagine" birthday cards Vitiate got?

Not really. Those are pretty much justified by his backstory and capabilities. His backstory is the dumb hype, but being called godlike after what he did is just to be expected.

Also this applies to Nihilus as well.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:36 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Technically, that's true. I think it's not just about the 8000 Sith Lords, but the fact that they upped it from Karpyshyn's 200 (or a hundred) in the Revan novel. Either the writing synergy was terrible or they wanted to vastly increase the hype. Or both.

Also, Kreia claiming Nihilus could get attracted by a stray thought comes to mind, as does her ancient Sith wank.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 17th, 2015 at 01:54 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:50 PM
The_Tempest

There should be a thread for representatives of both sides of KMC's latest great schism to ***** at each other lol.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:57 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

A few of the statements made to the PC characters of SWTOR to make them feel all "snowflake"-like come to mind..... Although common sense should dictate these are hyperbolic, some choose to take them at face value.

Something about the Wrath II being the next Exar Kun. (While Wrath is undoubtedly good, this is a rather large exaggeration)

Calling Nox the most powerful Sith in generations. (This is such a blanket statement there are likely many, MANY holes in this one. I am sure everyone reading this has at least one exception come to mind)

News-Flash: In-Universe character dialogue does not constitute concrete fact. Unless given by a decently credible in-universe source. (Example: Mace Windu saying Obi-Wan was THE master of Soresu. While I think this is still a tiny bit exaggerated, not by much. Seeing as how skilled Mace is with a lightsaber himself, so he is very credible. ON the other hand Greedo commenting on the uber-awesomness of this Sith Artifact should mean all of a bantha's backside.)

Rant Over: That is all.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Traya saying Nihilus' prime would only make him rival the Ancient Sith. if ancient Sith did have that power then the Great Hyperspace War would have gone much differently.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 04:57 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Vixas
A few of the statements made to the PC characters of SWTOR to make them feel all "snowflake"-like come to mind..... Although common sense should dictate these are hyperbolic, some choose to take them at face value.

While their is a need to distinguish hyperbole from ground realities, not every statement is lacking in credibility.

I would call BS on Luke Skywalker resisting the pull of a supermassive blackhole for example. Reason? An artificial Vong blackhole pushed the referred Skywalker to his limits while manipulating it from a safe distance. A real cosmic blackhole is way too powerful and dangerous then an artificial Vong blackhole.

The examples you cited however are not unbelievable in a least bit.

Something about the Wrath II being the next Exar Kun. (While Wrath is undoubtedly good, this is a rather large exaggeration)

And why he cannot be?

He is stronger then majority among Sith and have defeated extremely tough opponents in combat situations. He is so powerful that Vitiate reached out to him to assist him to assist him in breaking free from the trap on Voss (Sel Makor being involved) and considered him for the position of Emperor's Wrath.

An unstoppable force of darkness, the Sith Warrior is entrusted with the task of destroying the Empire’s enemies and enforcing Sith domination across the galaxy. (Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Holonet)

Calling Nox the most powerful Sith in generations. (This is such a blanket statement there are likely many, MANY holes in this one. I am sure everyone reading this has at least one exception come to mind)

And why he cannot be?

Darth Nox became a master of Sith Sorcery and managed to bind several spirits to himself to channel their power when necessary. He went to great lengths to augment his bodily defenses to control the spirits. Evidently, when Nox taps into the might of spirits to fuel his power and defensive abilities, he is virtually unstoppable and arguably the greatest threat to any opponent in that instance.

Sinister, Deceptive, Prodigy of Force Power. (Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Holonet)

[i]Originally posted by Vixas
News-Flash: In-Universe character dialogue does not constitute concrete fact. Unless given by a decently credible in-universe source. (Example: Mace Windu saying Obi-Wan was THE master of Soresu. While I think this is still a tiny bit exaggerated, not by much. Seeing as how skilled Mace is with a lightsaber himself, so he is very credible. ON the other hand Greedo commenting on the uber-awesomness of this Sith Artifact should mean all of a bantha's backside.)

Rant Over: That is all.

Unfortunately for some, Emperor's Wrath II and Darth Nox have some accomplishments to lend credibility to their hype.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:53 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The Merchant
Traya saying Nihilus' prime would only make him rival the Ancient Sith. if ancient Sith did have that power then the Great Hyperspace War would have gone much differently.

Perhaps she was hinting about Vitiate? Maybe she had some idea of his exploits?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:54 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

There is some hype, it add to the epicness, but in term of force sensitive you have to admit OR era> PT....

Same for KotOR and Kun, and hyperspace war...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote