KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Send in the gays

Send in the gays
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Send in the gays

I'm not a bigot. I'm truly not, but I feel its strange that all of a sudden; their are so many gay characters in new canon Star Wars. First the lesbian Moff in Lords of the Sith, then the gay Imperial in Aftermath, homosexuality is mentioned in Lost Stars, and the two cat-men in the Lando comic. Its a little much, don't you think. Obviously, Disney is showing its support for homosexual relationships (surprisingly).Yet, I feel that it is all a little unnecessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I don't see what the issue is. Pretty shitty ass topic, TBH.

Supporting something that is legal shouldn't be a big deal, kek.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

thumb up Ant

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Send in the gays

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I'm not a bigot. I'm truly not, but I feel its strange that all of a sudden; their are so many gay characters in new canon Star Wars. First the lesbian Moff in Lords of the Sith, then the gay Imperial in Aftermath, homosexuality is mentioned in Lost Stars, and the two cat-men in the Lando comic. Its a little much, don't you think. Obviously, Disney is showing its support for homosexual relationships (surprisingly).Yet, I feel that it is all a little unnecessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon.

... no?

That's 4 characters out of a cast of hundreds (actually much more, but I figure that's a good number with at least judgeable sexualities).

And only one actual relationship- consider how many heterosexual couples there are.

To get a real life proportion, they'd have to up it considerably.

Consider this statement for a moment: "Don't you think all the flagrant heterosexuality is a bit much? Is it really necessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon?"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't see what the issue is. Pretty shitty ass topic, TBH.

Supporting something that is legal shouldn't be a big deal, kek.

What does legality have to do with this?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Disney is PC, it's fairly predictable that they'd start including gay characters into the canon. The new movie has a woman, black dude and latino guy as the three heroes, afterall.

Doesn't bother me though. Star Wars could use a little diversity.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Re: Re: Send in the gays

Originally posted by Q99
Consider this statement for a moment: "Don't you think all the flagrant heterosexuality is a bit much? Is it really necessary for it to be happening everywhere across canon?"

While I understand where you are coming from, heterosexuality is required for a species to continue to exist.

And there are a lot of species in Star Wars.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

lmao, the beginning of your sentence reminds me of a Joke from Dylan moran.

"Soon i'll be one of those people who you feel awkward be around with because they start every sentence with, 'I'm not racist, but.' "

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Wait, the two cat guys are gay?! I thought they were brothers...

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 04:40 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by The Merchant
Wait, the two cat guys are gay?! I thought they were brothers...

Nah, they talk about having a cloned child together n all this other stuff.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I don't think we should be advertising gayism to our children. Star Wars is supposed to be family-friendly - having gays in SW ruins that and promotes sin.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:48 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Uhhhhhh

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:53 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think we should be advertising gayism to our children. Star Wars is supposed to be family-friendly - having gays in SW ruins that and promotes sin.
LOL you ****

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:20 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think we can safely say there is no worthwhile discursive content here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote