KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 20 NOVELS?! Journey to The Force Awakens!

20 NOVELS?! Journey to The Force Awakens!
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

20 NOVELS?! Journey to The Force Awakens!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/0...y-force-awakens

They're going to be releasing 20 novels to fill (or partially fill) the time gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. TWENTY.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 07:06 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I like that.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

My wallet just leapt out the f*cking window and made a break for it.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 07:11 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'd rather be reading them than the Dark Nest crisis or Vong novels tbh.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 07:14 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
My wallet just leapt out the f*cking window and made a break for it.
laughing

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 07:14 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Disney just sucking up the ****ing moolah.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Still need to read all the novels that just released.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 06:39 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

20 *books*. That includes juvenile ones and non-story ones, not just novels.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 02:37 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Damn, it doesn't really reveal much in the summary for Aftermath.

I'm curious about the new canon novels, how will they write Jedi? I'm not used to reading books where they aren't fighting faster than the eye can see and whatnot.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 02:46 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Trocity

I'm curious about the new canon novels, how will they write Jedi? I'm not used to reading books where they aren't fighting faster than the eye can see and whatnot.
They could still describe them moving that fast as hyperbole.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:43 PM
Zenwolf

I wouldn't worry really, the Jedi/Sith will probably still have their speed. Even in the movie novels, you had everyone moving at or reacting at super speeds. Heck even in the movies, you had them moving in blurs(IE Luke against Vader on Bespin).

So I'm sure, Jedi/Sith will still have pretty nifty reaction/speeds and the like, especially since in the movies this is already shown.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: 20 NOVELS?! Journey to The Force Awakens!

Originally posted by |King Joker|
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/0...y-force-awakens

They're going to be releasing 20 novels to fill (or partially fill) the time gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. TWENTY.

The problems is that force awaken have huge problem with the scenario......
There is a lot of rumor about it... They don't know where are they going....

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I'm curious about the new canon novels, how will they write Jedi?

Terribly I expect.

Granted the EU was hurt quite badly by prequelisation but we still had works like "Tales of the Jedi" and "Children of the Jedi" to provide a positive influence. The New Jedi Order and the series that followed it still continued on what was established prior to prequelisation.

Now, now, they'll be based entirely on the Prequels. What little variety we had left will now be non-existent. Before we had examples of Jedi who were different to the PT-era so when some moron went "how can Luke have a son?" we could explain it to them. Now I'm afraid they'll have Luke being a copy of the PT Jedi even though that makes no sense at all.

These new books will be lame.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Mar 13th, 2015 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 12:00 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Sorry, didn't mean to double post.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 12:03 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Nah, remember the Legends stuff can still work their way into the new canon. TOTJ and all the Old Republic stuff can still be used to write Jedi.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 12:12 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
I'd rather be reading them than the Dark Nest crisis or Vong novels tbh.

thumb up

Nobody gives a shit about what happens between ROTJ and TFA.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 12:25 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Uh, false.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 01:11 AM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh true. Nobody cares anymore.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:06 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Uh, false.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:20 AM