KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Highlander reboot

Highlander reboot
Started by: rudester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudester
Tommy

Highlander reboot

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/lionsgate...-151736718.html

This sounds to silly to be true. Lionsgate Moving Forward With Henry Cavill & Chad Stahelski ‘Highlander’ Reboot As Action-Fantasy Pic Heads To AFM To Enliven A Strike-Hit Market

Last edited by rudester on Oct 28th, 2023 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 02:50 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Couldn't be any worse than Highlander 2.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 02:58 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I think you mean, Highlander the Source. Just keeps getting worse and worse. But Lionsgate hasn't had any hits since the early 90's

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 03:27 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looking forward to this reboot with who's involved

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
I think you mean, Highlander the Source. Just keeps getting worse and worse. But Lionsgate hasn't had any hits since the early 90's

Yeah, Because John Wick doesn't exist for them..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 28th, 2023 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 06:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Looking forward to this reboot with who's involved

Yeah, Because John Wick doesn't exist for them..... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Actually, so am I.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 07:34 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yeah...don't do this.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 10:09 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I just saw the first one a month or two ago and I think I just missed the boat on this franchise. So I don't really care if they reboot. I'm pretty indifferent.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 03:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

The original had a lot of sex, I wonder if they will be true to the franchise as I do not see Henry showing a lot of butt.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2023 07:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Before the current news came out its still going ahead

the last thing i heard about what they're doing with it is, its going to be a prequel to the first movie.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Highlander II: The Quickening is a 1991 science fiction film directed by Russell Mulcahy and starring Christopher Lambert, Virginia Madsen, Michael Ironside and Sean Connery. It is the second installment in the Highlander film series and sequel to the 1986 fantasy film Highlander. Set in the year 2024, the plot concerns Connor MacLeod, who regains his youth and immortal abilities and must free Earth from the Shield, an artificial ozone layer that has fallen under the control of a corrupt corporation.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 02:56 AM
rudester
Tommy

It just got more ridiculous as more movies came out.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 02:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Highlander 2 is a lessen on how not do a sequel.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 03:18 AM
rudester
Tommy

It just got so cartoon like that it made no sense whatsoever. I have not read the book, but I am hoping this wasn't it. If you ever watch, Highlander the series based in Montreal; it is far more interesting then all the movies. Adrian Paul is the best Highlander because all he does is chop off immortals heads and come home to have sex. Once they turned it into a scifi thriller it just lost all its appeal

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 03:51 AM
rudester
Tommy

Old Post Oct 29th, 2023 04:40 AM
rudester
Tommy

Old Post Oct 30th, 2023 09:31 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Yeah...don't do this.
should have a Scots man I the role, otherwise cultural appropriation.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2023 11:17 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

As a HUGE fan of the first film, I'm kinda excited to see what they do here.

If it turns out to be a turd, who cares, won't ruin the original for me. I don't count the sequels, they're all dirty ass cakes,

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 31st, 2023 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i enjoyed the first film.. the sequels were shit

i liked the highlander series immensely

im going to assume cavil will speak in his natural british accent instead of some fake scottish one.im also hopeful this will be john wick with samurai swords

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 31st, 2023 10:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Dis better be R-rated with heads rolling left and right.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2023 09:18 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Doubt it, studios are still wary of making action films R. They want that PG-13 for a broader theater audience.

But with so many things going streaming quickly after or at the same time as the theater release. Who knows.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 1st, 2023 04:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote