KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Machamp vs. Goro

Machamp vs. Goro
Started by: BlaxicanHydra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Machamp vs. Goro

Goro from Mortal Kombat vs. machamp from Poke'mon

Here's some info for Machamp.

'Machamp is a master of all existing martial arts. It is also given an excellent chance to practice them all at once on its opponents, thanks to its four arms.

Machamp's arms react instinctively, moving faster than its brain can direct them. They can land 500 hits per second, assaulting a foe from multiple angles and in multiple ways, rendering all defenses practically useless. On the other hand, they do not have very high dexterity and it is difficult for Machamp to use them in any task requiring delicate precision and fine motor skills.

One of Machamp's favorite battle strategies is to immobilize the opponent with its four arms and then unleash a simultaneous combination of an uppercut, a hook, a straight punch and a karate chop. The resulting impact is enough to send the hapless recipient of the attack clear over the horizon and sometimes even to the moon.
'

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jul 22nd, 2007 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:06 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm going with Goro and not just because i'm a MK fanboy.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:29 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yes, because we all know that Goro can easily deal with 500 punches per SECOND, and can punch peopel to the moon.

I think the only reason you say Goro is because it's a Poke'mon. Certain Pokemon, like Mew-Two have already been proven to beat M.Bisom

I remember whats his name's bullcrap argument that Pokemon can't kill, lmao.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:51 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I think the only reason you say Goro is because it's a Poke'mon

How about............NO !!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 05:57 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

So whats your reasoning behind it? Doesn't really matter to me much, I just like to hear people's opinions, and the reasons behind it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 06:14 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yes, because we all know that Goro can easily deal with 500 punches per SECOND, and can punch peopel to the moon.
Wow, then Machamp wins.
I think the only reason you say Goro is because it's a Poke'mon. Certain Pokemon, like Mew-Two have already been proven to beat M.Bisom
Yep, Mewtwo's da man.
I remember whats his name's bullcrap argument that Pokemon can't kill, lmao.
"Pokemon may be able to kill other pokemon, but they haven't ever killed a human before so they can't kill humans. Once again pkmn sucks." laughing

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:56 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Mewtwo can't beat Bison, WFT?! laughing

Poke'mon makes me wanna blow chunks.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 09:39 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mew Two would manhandle 90% of the fighters from Tekken/Street Fighter/ Dead or Alive/ Mortal Kombat etc. Mind Rape.FTW.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:41 PM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

By the time this fight is done, Machamp will be giving Goro handjobs. Goro FTW!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:47 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Machamp 10/10

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 11:48 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed. Machamp outshines Goro in every way possible. Speed, power, and versatility FTW.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 12:16 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

If what you said about Machamp in the first post is true, Goro is history. This isn't even a real contest.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:09 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed erm

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:19 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Machamp takes this

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:30 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

You guys are looking at it from a possibility standpoint. None of the things expressed up there is ever express in game. Example: Let's say this was Marvel pokemon and the pokedex says that luke cage defeated galactus, but none of his abilities in game have ever shown that he could do such a thing. 1,000 punches in two seconds would take out almost any pokemon, so why doesn't he just do that all the time? Machamp has a wide range of abilities, but only if he's trained. Putting Goro against a random machamp, and that machamp is most likely only going to have fighting moves, dynamic punch,cross chop, vital throw, wake-up slap etc. All of which Goro can easily simulate, and what's stopping Goro from using teleport moves until machamp is knocked out?
What type of tactics would Machamp have? it's Machamp vs Goro not Machamp and a trainer telling him what to do vs Goro.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:38 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can't do them because of game emchanics. It's the same thing as Mew-Two. Even the Poke'dex states that Mew-Two is one of if nto the most powerful Poke'mon ever, yet in-game a lvl 100 Rattatat or Pikachu could beat a lvl 50 Mew-two. It's part of the RPG element.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 01:57 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

'Machamp is a master of all existing martial arts. It is also given an excellent chance to practice them all at once on its opponents, thanks to its four arms.

Machamp's arms react instinctively, moving faster than its brain can direct them. They can land 500 hits per second, assaulting a foe from multiple angles and in multiple ways, rendering all defenses practically useless.

Goro is dust.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:32 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

-

Last edited by Classic NES on Jul 25th, 2007 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:46 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

He can't do them because of game emchanics. It's the same thing as Mew-Two. Even the Poke'dex states that Mew-Two is one of if nto the most powerful Poke'mon ever, yet in-game a lvl 100 Rattatat or Pikachu could beat a lvl 50 Mew-two. It's part of the RPG element.

True, but mewtwo's ability has been proven in the anime and manga, machamp's has not. He's shown to be nothing more than above average and if I remember correctly was beaten by hitmonchan.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:00 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

I do recall seeing a Machamp throw a fury of punches on a pokemon once.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:31 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote