KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Battlefield 5

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/1...m_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=17&utm_campaign=Blogroll

The next Battlefield has been confirmed! Thank god DICE is back on it. Hardline was atrocious.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 08:13 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Bet you despite all that big talk campaigns are pointless, DICE is still going to add one for Battlefield 5.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 12:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Surprise!

Battlefield 4 was great (I was lucky I never ran into login issues) but what else can they do? They seriously need to do something different.

And you are probably right, a campaign will probably be included.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 12:32 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Battlefield(aside from Bad Company) isn't known for it's stupendous, A+++ blockbuster campaigns, but they're fun for what they are. Now if only they'd put a campaign on Battlefront lol.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 02:07 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

DICE needs to work on the campaign for these games being actually good otherwise don't bother at all.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Bet you despite all that big talk campaigns are pointless, DICE is still going to add one for Battlefield 5.
I hope not. They're usually atrocious at single player, so they could leave it out for all I care

PWNT

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 08:12 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Atrocious is a strong word. They are not great but they are definitely not horrible. I enjoyed BF4 single player campaign especially the areas where they open up the map a bit.

I think they should create an open world type map with linear missions where big battles are organic and not follow the leader.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 06:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Campaigns should be mandatory. We already know that the multiplayer will be better than COD games,, so why not continue to include a a great aspect that COD is neglecting to include?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 05:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

COD is almost always praised for it's short, but spectacular campaign. All the Black Ops stories were awesome, even if I didn't like the concept of BO3. It's just most people are so hooked on the multiplayer, they skip the campaign entirely no matter how good it is.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 06:05 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The last two COD games i've heard had some good campaigns for a COD game.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 06:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02...ing-to-retailer

A leak says BF5 will be set during WW1. Not sure I'm a fan of that. There's going to be a real lack of features if this is true (at least compared to past BFs). I would rather stick with modern warfare, though I wouldn't mind WW2.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 04:13 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That would be different. I think it would be a wait and see approach to see what they do. One thing though, it would be interesting on how they do the art design. It could be gorgeous in a depressing sort of way.

I think WW2 should be revisited for Battlefield. It would get away from the modern weapons and probably be a bit more skilled base. There is tons of battles, tanks, planes, anti air and anti tank. Hell, maybe they could add battleships and subs like they used to have in BF1942.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 04:24 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'd be super interested in a WW1 Battlefield.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 04:28 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It will be definitely interesting. Well, at least more interesting than the "modern warfare" era.

I still think WW2 should be revisited over WW1 though. I'm not sure how BF will translate to WW1.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2016 05:38 PM
Arachnid1

The full game has been leaked, DLCs and all. Its confirmed WWI. Best of all, its coming out this year.

10-26-2016

PWNT

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 06:07 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm......WW1, I don't know how that is going to turn out.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 07:33 PM
N-Shifter

It's not confirmed as WWI, even if that leak is true (which we're still not certain it is) then look at the names of the DLCs - it's a future setting, probably somewhere set before "Battlefield: 2142" but after "Battlefield 4".

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 11:57 PM
N-Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send N-Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by N-Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Told ya its WWI. Its an alternate history WWI though. That could solve the lack of attachments and customization. Also, wtf is up with that numbering

http://www.theladbible.com/articles...n-leaked-060516

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 6th, 2016 at 08:32 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2016 08:28 PM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post May 6th, 2016 08:44 PM
KingD19

Just please no more silent protagonists. It's not hard to get one more voice in the ****ing game.

Old Post May 6th, 2016 08:57 PM